What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

crowd watch 2014 part IV

DIOGENES

Juniors
I meant that at least since the finals went to 5 teams some time in the early 70s.

I agree the final crowds in the 60s are impressive but they were 1 game a week for 4 weeks. It should also be remembered that except for the GF finals were not televised live until the early 90s. The first GF televised live was in either 66 or 67. Big Bill Buckley sold the rights for $5000 and thought he had made a fortune. The decision to telecast was delayed until all tickets at the SCG on the Thursday before the match.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
I meant that at least since the finals went to 5 teams some time in the early 70s.

I agree the final crowds in the 60s are impressive but they were 1 game a week for 4 weeks. It should also be remembered that except for the GF finals were not televised live until the early 90s. The first GF televised live was in either 66 or 67. Big Bill Buckley sold the rights for $5000 and thought he had made a fortune. The decision to telecast was delayed until all tickets at the SCG on the Thursday before the match.

64 wasn't it?

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Outside whinging and whinning about a 52,000 plus crowd (which 10 years ago we would have creamed ourselves), it was a bloody good match.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Yeah I agree mate, been built up over the past few years as the ultimate and the week it's about to be played, channel 9 and their news limited partners pump a sport (afl) and a club (Sydney Swans) like there is no tomorrow yet they do not and have not had the rights to show the game for years. f**k ch 9 must have some MORONS working for them.

It's not the medias fault stars like SBW and Sam B were not allowed to speak to the media all week.

The NRL needs to force compulsory media time. If the biggest stars in the world in America and in European soccer have to do it so should our blokes.

Ezy

Juniors
Crowd number OK, was hoping for 60K.

Atmosphere sounded electric through the TV though. The defence from both teams for the most part was absolutely brutal.

Will be interesting to see the Sydney TV ratings.

insert.pause

First Grade
It should have been more but it's not a disaster, it is a lesson, the NRL need to do something about player access, it's free publicity they gave up this week to the fagballers which cost us the hype. It has been a gripe for years and they are well behind the times the way clubs hide players for fear of somehow affecting their preparation, it's nonsense.

Flapper

First Grade
Considering my post was made before the crowd announcement your argument is invalid.

Ohh yeah that's right, you are my bitch.

You said tonight's crowd was lower than the Swans prelim. Care to say you are wrong now since you've, well, been proven wrong?

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Unless a miracle occurs tomorrow the 74k Jarryd Hayne finals record is safe for another year:cool:

Bow to the great man my minions