What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Curran

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Article said to find money to upgrade younger players

Squad starting to get a touch unbalanced with 5 halves (SJ, TMM, Metcalf, Volkman, CHT) while letting go of 2 backrowers (Sironen,Curran)
Perhaps CHT being viewed as a move into the lock role

Izz

Bench
Yeah i doubt they're gonna play CHT in the halves unless there's stacks of injuries.

In other news, Wiliame has retired, so that's another roster spot opened up, potentially for a forward

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Bummer if true, I liked him and he never let us down on the field but with pretty much any coaching change I think there’s going to be at least one player who falls out of favour.
I wonder if his off field drama last off-season put him in a spot he never quite recovered from?

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
A popular player, would have liked to have seen him stay on.

In all honesty, I forgot CHT was even coming back!

Benek

Juniors
Must be the off field drama that's led to this. I almost always loved what he brought on the field.

JJ

Immortal
Article said to find money to upgrade younger players

Squad starting to get a touch unbalanced with 5 halves (SJ, TMM, Metcalf, Volkman, CHT) while letting go of 2 backrowers (Sironen,Curran)
yeah, that's my worry - and a distinct lack of size in the pack as it stands, let alone with CHT moving into the lock role - unless he's bigger than I think which I guess Cam Murray is but I don't think CHT is that size, plus with have Tevaga and Walker- but I look at the two grand final packs, and well, I don't see how we match them

As mentioned, his off field complexities part of it?

Grizzman

Juniors
This may be an unpopular opinion and I love the guy but I felt he offered us less this year in a successful team than he did last year in a poorly performing team. Last year he was a standout player while this year he was a contributor (no doubt) but no more than everyone else on the bench. This year we had Sirro, Curran, Jazz and at times Lussick, all performing a similiar role. I can't see 2024 offering him any more game time with CHT in the loop as well.
What we need is a propping partner for AFB and Mitchell.
I'm ok with the move from our perspective but I wish him well. Any team who gets him should be happy.

JJ

Immortal
This may be an unpopular opinion and I love the guy but I felt he offered us less this year in a successful team than he did last year in a poorly performing team. Last year he was a standout player while this year he was a contributor (no doubt) but no more than everyone else on the bench. This year we had Sirro, Curran, Jazz and at times Lussick, all performing a similiar role. I can't see 2024 offering him any more game time with CHT in the loop as well.
What we need is a propping partner for AFB and Mitchell.
I'm ok with the move from our perspective but I wish him well. Any team who gets him should be happy.
that makes sense, I just wonder where they will find that prop...

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
that makes sense, I just wonder where they will find that prop...
Not sure on the name of the guy or anything, but listen to the Willie Mason podcast each week, and when he was over here Round 25, he reckoned there was a gun prop running round in NSW Cuo

Latest posts