What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Currently the best goalkeeper in the world?

Best goal keeper in the world currently?

• Gianluigi Buffon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Francesco Toldo

• Ricardo

• Tim Howard

• Shay Given

• Total voters

Craig

Juniors
Soy tanta opciones sólo permitida

Je suis seulement permis tant d'options

Sono soltanto consentito cosí molte opzioni

Ich bin nur so viele Optionen erlaubt

Eu só sou permitido tantas opções

Jeg tillater bare slik mange alternativer

Ik ben enkel zo vele opties toegestaan

Мне только разрешают так много вариантов

There if you understand Spanish, French, Italian, German, Portugese, Norwegian, Dutch, and Russian I have said the same thing to what I said earlier.

Besides Neil Sullivan isn't that good.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Craig said:
Dragons Cross said:
Buffon's the best, what about Sebastian Frey?

Frey is inconsistent and erratic, he can't even make the French squad.

That's because the coach is an idiot for not selecting him.

Frey is vastly underated IMO. A great keeper. Valdes also looks the goods, Casillas is excellent and I also like Coupet. Pelizzoli has also matured excellently over the past few years and is now Italy's second choice.

Kahn is finished, as is Toldo. Ricardo and Howard are both sh1t. Roy Carroll is average.

Puig-Aubert

Juniors
hybrid_tiger said:
Craig said:
Dragons Cross said:
Buffon's the best, what about Sebastian Frey?

Frey is inconsistent and erratic, he can't even make the French squad.

Frey is vastly underated IMO. A great keeper. Valdes also looks the goods, Casillas is excellent and I also like Coupet. Pelizzoli has also matured excellently over the past few years and is now Italy's second choice.

Kahn is finished, as is Toldo. Ricardo and Howard are both sh1t. Roy Carroll is average.

:clap: :thumnn u know the football !!!

MOON MAN

Juniors
Paul Robinson...Tottenham...was a big fan of his when was at Leeds. If anyone has seen how he is going at Tottenham this season, they would agree he is world class.

Craig

Juniors
hybrid_tiger said:

So how do you rate the Valencia goalkeeper?

It's no secret Roy Carroll is substandard and Tim Howard is a one season wonder at this stage, because Manure seem to be after Frey, Jaaskilien (Bolton goalkeeper), Mark Schwarzer and even remoured at one point - Carlo Cudicini although there is no chance that is going to happen (Jose Mourinho isn't stupid).

Fabian Barthez is the most over-rated goal keeper in the world IMO.

thewizard1o1

Juniors
Casillas has to be right up there with Van Der Sar(the 0-all draw against the Gunners last season :clap: ) and Buffon...

Dark-Knight

Juniors
Kahn past it!!!!!!!

u obviously havnt been watching him lately then he's the reason his team are still in the champions league.

Tommy Smith

Referee
hybrid_tiger said:
Craig said:
hybrid_tiger said:
No contest.

Buffon.

Even though by all reports he had a quiet 03/04 for Juventus?

Yep.

He was a little poor last season, but still the best and proved it in EURO.
How so? By f@cking up and letting Ibramhimovich score, effectively knocking Italy out of the tourny?

I agree he's the best in the world and probbaly did have a good Euro, but like Oliver Kahn in WC 02' he made one crucial error.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Tommy Smith said:
hybrid_tiger said:
Craig said:
hybrid_tiger said:
No contest.

Buffon.

Even though by all reports he had a quiet 03/04 for Juventus?

Yep.

He was a little poor last season, but still the best and proved it in EURO.
How so? By f@cking up and letting Ibramhimovich score, effectively knocking Italy out of the tourny?

I agree he's the best in the world and probbaly did have a good Euro, but like Oliver Kahn in WC 02' he made one crucial error.

That goal was hardly Buffon's fault. Our defenders inability to clear the ball cause the goal. Buffon got caught up in the scramble with his defenders and his view was blocked.

He was pretty much faultless in that tournament.

Nugby

Juniors
Kahn past it!!!!!!!

u obviously havnt been watching him lately then he's the reason his team are still in the champions league.

Then Lehmann's obviously the best in the world then, because whch one's in the German National team?

Dark-Knight

Juniors
Nugby said:
Kahn past it!!!!!!!

Then Lehmann's obviously the best in the world then, because whch one's in the German National team?

im pretty sure that Kahn was the keeper in Euro although i could be wrong because i didnt see much of it.

Craig

Juniors
Kahn is still first-choice, Lehmann was only only keeping against Iran because Kilsmann wants to give Kahn, Lehmann and Timo Hildebrand all a go for the German team since they don't have to worry their pretty little heads about qualifying.

Another keeper I rate highly when I have seen him is Celtic's David Marshall, but to me I am noticing some errors and some soft goals creeping in. He's only 19 and has at up to 15 years at least in the game and will become a great keeper for Scotland when he gets older.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Anyone who doesn't think it is Buffon, just watch this mornings Juve-Bayern match.

A tale of two stories - one of a former great keeper who is not finished, another of the best keeper this sport has seen since the days of Peter Shilton and Dino Zoff.

Buffon is going to go down as a legend.

Tommy Smith

Referee
hybrid_tiger said:
Anyone who doesn't think it is Buffon, just watch this mornings Juve-Bayern match.

A tale of two stories - one of a former great keeper who is not finished, another of the best keeper this sport has seen since the days of Peter Shilton and Dino Zoff.

Peter Schmeichael is without doubt the best keeper since the greatest of them all, Gordon Banks. Buffon is good, but no Great Dane.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Tommy Smith said:
hybrid_tiger said:

Peter Schmeichael is without doubt the best keeper since the greatest of them all, Gordon Banks. Buffon is good, but no Great Dane.

By the end of his career, Buffon will be equal, if not better.

OVP

Coach
Schmeichel was the greatest however ... Buffon is his understudy ... which means he is BY FAR the best of the current keepers.