What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Curtis Scott

RUBIKS

Juniors
So did we lose any other gun players from last years junior rep teams?

Sharks said:
2016 Cronulla Sharks Matthews Cup squad
Max Batty, Kai Broadhurst, Declan Casey, Bailey Cantrill, Thomas De Meio, Cooper Devine, Jackson Devine, Angus Ernst, Joshua Holt, Kevin Kennedy, Logan Kepu, Isaac Longmuir, Jonaiah Lualua, Adam Mortlock, Cameron O?Connor, Franco Parodiso, Franklin Pele, Riley Pickering, Dan Robinson, Saint Sakai, Damon Smith, Ky Smith, George Sukanaivalu, William Swann, Redford Tiatia, Andrew Thomson, Jack Wilson, Max Wiseman, Bronson Xerri.

2016 Cronulla Sharks SG Ball squad
Josh Aileone, Blayke Brailey, Donavan Briggs, Delaney Chaney-Puata, Jack Dillon, Jackson Ferris, Brandon Finnegan, Kyle Flanagan, Jack Gould, Luke Jurd, Semisi Kioa, Luke Kisaloff, Fine Kula, Amo Lualua, Isaac Lumelume, Luke Metcalf, Kalani Pewhairangi-Charlie, James Roumanos, Jaeman Salmon, Dylan Smith, Lachlan Smith, Dean Tatsis, Soakimi Tuitavuki, Chris Tupou, Jackson Watson, Dylan Xerri.

Source

Sharks said:
2015 Sharks Harold Matthews Cup Squad
Harrison De Meio, Dylan Smith, Bronson Xerri, Jack Gould, Julian Spanos, Kai Broadhurst, Luke Metcalf, Fine Kula, Luke Jones, James Roumanos, Jaeman Salmon, Jay Shearman, Lachlan Smith, William Swann, Pita Toamotu, Monty Raper, Rhys Ward, Tom Caughlan, Semisi Kioa, Max Hogan, Trace Davidson, Tamati McCausland, Conor McDonald, Mitchell Robertson, Layton Tua, Jonaiah Lualua, Jacob De La Vega, Zac Kennedy, Isaac Longmuir, Ethan Abou-ghaida

2015 Sharks SG Ball squad
Cameron Scott, Josh Tuilagi, Curtis Scott, Keenan Yorston, Isaac Lumelume, Jaiden Brown, Jack Williams, Daniel Vasquez, Blayke Brailey, Brock Ilett, Luis Strickland, Jesse Savage, Billy Magoulias, Will Kennedy, Tony Matautia, Zachary Faulkner, Soakimi Tuitavuki, Chris Tupou, Amo Lualua, Hayden Bishop, Kyle Flanagan, Jaz Flavell, Shorne Ngu, Brandon Su?a, Reece Gair, Dean Tatsis, Dylan Xerri, Donovan Briggs, Justin Timu

Source

webShark

Shep gave Val his chance.
If Bird was a Sharks junior probably would have only got a second tier contract and left in NSW Cup. As it was, only got his chance through a dominant 9's performance and the team losing 3 on the trot.
Feki got his chance as a last man standing.

Anyway, the point isn't getting their shot, the point is development and opportunities. Look at how our our outside backs develop and look at the way they are talked about in the media and rugby league circles. You won't be getting looked at for Origin or Australia playing in the centres for us... doing it for Melbourne however, you're chances sky rocket.

Correct. Bird got a go because Wade through an intercept and cost us the game. Flanno started the year with Mitch Brown over Val.

Most clubs will have them but Sharks definitely do. Cliques and favourites.

Pom,Robbo, Loots and Barba spring to mind. Still can't work out anyway D Fifita gets a gig. I think Scott more likely to get a start at the Storm than the Sharks. So did he I guess.

Hope Capewell gets a chance but doubt it.

cb4

First Grade
Barba in a clique and a favourite? That will f**king do me. Shut this place down.

shaggs

Coach
Webby dos you get you get rejected form barbas endless bender crew??

You dislike him more than I dislike leutele.

Barba is our best full back. Full stop end report.

webShark

Webby dos you get you get rejected form barbas endless bender crew??

You dislike him more than I dislike leutele.

Barba is our best full back. Full stop end report.

Yep, got flicked from the crew. Failed the beat up your girlfriend test. 😀.

For the record, I simply don't rate him. Never recovered from injury and lost speed. Good idea to end this as miles apart.

I think I see him as a waste of cap. Along the lines of the Gnome and Toops. Nothing personal. Actually like Toops but not the Gnome or Barba.

I like Leutele but agree we could do better. Offers little attacking threat and IMO suffers from a lack of confidence.

Time will tell on Barba. Revisit in 12 months.

Ads

First Grade
Never recovered from injury and lost speed.

Having spoken to Ennis and a few others about him there is a lot of positivity regarding both those. Also was told he was carrying multiple injuries all last season and was lucky to play half of what he did. Im hoping we see the Barba of old.

shaggs

Coach
How many more sleeps till we see a proper game?? Non of this trials and shields and all stars bullshit

txta2

Bench
Pretty sure it has been said but we offered Scott a very large contract for a Teenager but he left for different reasons. Cant keep them all. Move on.

I may be wrong, but is he from the shire? If so I find it hard to believe he would last in Melbourne at his age. A real worry for the clubs squad potential if a player of his talent wants to leave family, friends and home behind for another city at 18 yrs old.

webShark

I may be wrong, but is he from the shire? If so I find it hard to believe he would last in Melbourne at his age. A real worry for the clubs squad potential if a player of his talent wants to leave family, friends and home behind for another city at 18 yrs old.

Yes he is from the Shire. It does seem an inexplicable decision. Either massive faith in Bellamy, massive offer or both.

I realised you could play for a Sydney club and live in Cronulla but to move to Melbourne.

Whatever your position on local juniors , it is strange that the most promising 3 in Peachey, Lichaa and Scott all no longer here.

Weird.

RUBIKS

Juniors
I think you may have. A few junior Cronulla players told me that Matt's star player from '15, Jaemon Salmon, has been signed by Canterbury.

Better not have.

I understand he didn't have a great year but off the back of the two grand finals (state/national) he was THE one to keep in my mind.

He's still listed in this years squad so I hope not.

shaggs

Coach
Both lichaa and peachey have done nothing to justify all of the love in this place.

Scott? Who is to say.

If I had my time again, and had the chance to move from the shire for footy or work or Uni. I couldn't have packed my bag quick enough. Good for him I reckon. Living at home with mum and dad doing everything doesn't help you in the long run. Grow up become independent and come back if you want.

coolumsharkie

Referee

I left home at 16 and moved to the country (Macksville) for a stint, loved the freedom of my own independence. Moved to Brisbane when I was 19. Everyone's circumstances are different.