What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cutters Rnd2 team

tumbidragon

First Grade
1. Michae Lett (c)
2. Daniel Vidot
3. Nathan Green
4. Junior Vaivai
5. Adam Quinlan
6. John Kennedy
7. Josh Drinkwater
8. Michael Henderson
9. Nathan Waters
10. Atele Vea
11. Will Matthews
12. James Grehan
13. Matt Handcock
14. Damien Cook
15. Jake Hawkins
16. Evrett Vaurasi
17. Shannon Wakeman
23. Todd Ryan
25. Jarrad Hickey

Hopefully a better showing this week Mary was far from pleased with the effort it was errors that cost them the most.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Yeah true Coast. Good to see Vea up there in the 10 again. Thought he was close to not making the cut last week from where he was named in the squad. Heard he was one of our only stand outs last week. Noticed De'Belin is not on the roster.. Injured or falling out of favor? Don't like Quinlan and Vidot being wasted on the wings as well.

Elias1983

Coach
Yeah true Coast. Good to see Vea up there in the 10 again. Thought he was close to not making the cut last week from where he was named in the squad. Heard he was one of our only stand outs last week. Noticed De'Belin is not on the roster.. Injured or falling out of favor? Don't like Quinlan and Vidot being wasted on the wings as well.

De-belin I believe is being suspended for a week or two for a dangerous throw.

TheRev

First Grade
Interesting.. so First Grade is Ch9 - 7:30pm, Cutters is 1pm Saturday on Fox1, that was actually pretty hard to find.. but im keen to check out Drinkwater and Quinlan.

rasaint

Juniors
I will say it again and again that Quinlan is our Ben Barba and the best attacking player at our club. Pick him in 1st grade in the centres who cares he is ready.

Quinlan is the quiet achiever when he was placed in the Illawarra comp it did him the world of good had hard matches against some pritty tough guys.

He has plenty of potential honestly I rather have him in first grade than Fien he is a little further down the road than Drinkwater who also will get a chance sometime this year.

John Kenndy is another he went to the Qld Cup from the Dragons NYC with his brother and got better every year with Redcliffe happy to see him back.

BennyV

Referee
I'd like to see Quinlan having a dig at 5/8 or in the centres, particularly with Vidot getting the call up. Also, wouldn't mind see Vaivai have his name in the hat for first grade as a centre replacement...
Good to see Vea getting back into the starting line up. Will be good to actually watch the game this week.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Interesting.. so First Grade is Ch9 - 7:30pm, Cutters is 1pm Saturday on Fox1, that was actually pretty hard to find.. but im keen to check out Drinkwater and Quinlan.

For those watching on tv, Friday night won't kick off until about 5 past 8 ( EST )

Last edited:

64 Dragon

Coach
Live on TV and no Pretty Boy? I am devastated.

Footy show last night (I was channel surfing after the footy) players were asked if they would change any part of their bodies. All players interviewed had some changes in mind. Not our Jack though. He said he wouldn't change a thing. Cocky young bugger.

TheRev

First Grade
Got a chance to watch most of the Cutters game on telly (wish it was on every week!), some comments:

- None of the players played that well that they would be automatic inclusions in 1st grade, tonnes of mistakes that would have us pulling our hair out, but individually:

- Drinkwater: Was trying really hard (obviously a spot pending for him), he made a lot of mistakes, but atleast he was trying, running the ball, he just needs more time to get some combinations and get a bit smarter with his choices, main problem is that he damaged his neck being held up over the line and went off to hospital... dang.

- Quinlan: Wasted on the wing, didnt see enough ball, but when he did he stood out as having more class than the other players, just looked clever and smarter in his choices, he needs to be at fullback or halves though.

- Vidot: Same old Vidot, lots of mistakes in him, good in patches

- Lett: Had a couple of good plays late, but damn he was making some terrible decisions, tonnes of errors, he was captain, and his head was just not screwed on.

- Green: Good in patches, but way too many mistakes

- Vaivai: Big strong and fast, mistakes but an interesting prospect if he could be moulded, and if he can defend, I coudlnt really tell since we pretty much leaked points at every occasion.

- Hickey: Big lump of a forward, think hes played 1st grade before for Dogs? Potentially very interesting player, but not sure hed have the fitness for 1st grade, certainly not sure id be interested in dropping any of our current forwards anyway.

Overall the Cutters got fairly soundly beaten, mostly beat themselves with errors, couldnt convert points.

Latest posts