What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cutters squad 2014

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
That's your problem.

Creagh is a legend of this club

Ok Grouchy whatever you say. A legend who I remember for not standing up to a guy who was the same size as him who had tried to take the head off his team mate. If you push someone and they come at you, don't run away

Last edited:

tumbidragon

First Grade
Would you prefer a Michael Ennis style captain - the kind who literally loses semi finals for his team due to his petulant badgering of the referee?
I believe I said "constructive arguments" and not arguing for arguments sake like Ennis... As far as I'm concerned I'd prefer a captain to approach the refs as C. Smith does. Although a cheating grubby merkin, he certainly knows when and when not to push the envelope with the refs. Hornby and Lokyer where the same imo.

Last edited:

watatank

Coach
Hornby really wasn't the same, if he was he would have got away with all those times he acted as a blocker for the wingers when they tried to catch bombs

grouch

First Grade
Ok Grouchy whatever you say. A legend who I remember for not standing up to a guy who was the same size as him who had tried to take the head off his team mate. If you push someone and they come at you, don't run away

As I said. Your problem. I feel sorry for you tbh

Rex Terp

First Grade
Great bloke and intelligent, but I tend to agree he needs to improve his captaincy. He didn't seem vocal at all during games last year. Not saying he can't do it, but some criticism is I reckon justified.

TheRev

First Grade
it doesnt really matter what ppl think of Creaghs previous captaincy, Widdop (injuries aside) will pick up the duties this year, and either take over or become a co-captain in 2015.

Somewhere in the off-season Creagh seemed to indicate he would be in the 2nd row to start the season.. I guess time will tell, id personally prefer him as a prop, but im not too stressed at all, last year we were desperate for a prop, this year we have probably 4 or 5 blokes who could take that role.... It will actually be nice to see Creagh run off a working backline too (if Price can manage that with his new roster), Creagh has been stuck needing to hit the ball up for a few years now.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Would you prefer a Michael Ennis style captain - the kind who literally loses semi finals for his team due to his petulant badgering of the referee?

p.s I think Ben also has better acting prospects than Ennis lol.

ennis_acting.gif

Godz Illa

Coach
Somewhere in the off-season Creagh seemed to indicate he would be in the 2nd row to start the season.. I guess time will tell, id personally prefer him as a prop, but im not too stressed at all, last year we were desperate for a prop, this year we have probably 4 or 5 blokes who could take that role.... It will actually be nice to see Creagh run off a working backline too (if Price can manage that with his new roster), Creagh has been stuck needing to hit the ball up for a few years now.
Creagh's definitely playing in the middle, more than likely prop. Confirmed here:

?I?ll be playing a bit in the front row again this year as well as the back row, I?ve trained most of this preseason in the middle and I am pretty comfortable playing on the edge.
?I?ve really been enjoying learning and I?m looking forward to the challenge of playing there this year.

http://www.dragons.com.au/news-display/Creagh-Honoured-To-Be-Role-Model/89508

hardbaby

Coach
Creagh might play wide for ten or fifteen minutes as part of then forward rotation but I'm pretty sure he'll play mainly at prop.

possm

Coach
Illawarra Cutters Head Coach Ian Millward has named his line-up for the upcoming trial match against the St George Illawarra Dragons at WIN Jubilee Oval, Kogarah on Friday.

The Cutters will combine with Group 10 outfit the Mudgee Dragons for the trial against their first-grade opposition which will be contested evenly across four 20-minute quarters.

1. Jason Raper
2. Wayne Bremner
3. Junior Tia-Kilifi
4. Alipate Noilea
5. Tyrone Cranston
6. Jarrod Boyle
7. Sam Duggan
17. Rory O’Brien
9. Shane Pimipi
10. Shannon Wakeman
11. Kalifi Tia-Kalifi
12. Peni Botiki
13. Jacob Hind
8. Jackson Merritt
14. Ryan Carr
15. Jack Twist
16. Jake Leary
18. Charlie Faingaa
19. Kyle Eather
20. Nathan Smith
21. Joel Johnson
22. Dylan Strickland
23. Blake Phillips
24. Benson Tupou
25. Jordan Hay
26. Sam Coster

http://www.dragons.com.au/news-display/Cutters-LineUp-Trial-1/89912

hardbaby

Coach
Wow. When I first heard this game was being played I was really excited. So many interesting match ups. I rate the Cutters' chances this year. But that is nowhere near the team they will field in 2014. Bit of a bummer really.

dino2170

Juniors
But that is nowhere near the team they will field in 2014. Bit of a bummer really.

Excuse my ignorance why?

BennyV

Referee
But that is nowhere near the team they will field in 2014. Bit of a bummer really.

Excuse my ignorance why?

Because the Dragons squad is effectively 2 full teams worth of players, a lot of whom will spend most of the year with Cutters...

And if you want us to excuse your ignorance, don't parade it around by polluting every thread with a token 'DICE PRICE'...

dino2170

Juniors
Dont worry Im going to a more critical phase in my forum career starting with the upcoming trail. Me thinks a thread called DEAR DINO coming up.

Godz Illa

Coach
Dont worry Im going to a more critical phase in my forum career starting with the upcoming trail. Me thinks a thread called DEAR DINO coming up.
Great idea. That way I can move all your posts into it.

Why wait? Start the thread now

BennyV

Referee

Well, I must say, you are certainly leaving a trial of destruction in your wake...

Latest posts