What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cutters Team

nrlnrl

First Grade
For those who haven't read or heard, Norths ( Souths reserve grade ) beat the Cutters 42-14 after trailing 14-12 at 1/2 time ! The scoring sequence was strange in the 2nd half - 3 tries in the first 4 minutes & then 2 in the last 6.

Just looking at some of the names in their team, they had a very strong side - Keary, Peats, Farrell, Hunt & Tom Burgess to name a few.

If anyone saw the game, would be grateful for more details please.

For those who haven't read or heard, Norths ( Souths reserve grade ) beat the Cutters 42-14 after trailing 14-12 at 1/2 time ! The scoring sequence was strange in the 2nd half - 3 tries in the first 4 minutes & then 2 in the last 6.

Just looking at some of the names in their team, they had a very strong side - Keary, Peats, Farrell, Hunt & Tom Burgess to name a few.

If anyone saw the game, would be grateful for more details please.

Vidot a massive success in the back row then. Seijka killing it at half. And Mary McGregor with all the credentials to coach first grade.

BennyV

Referee
Vidot a massive success in the back row then. Seijka killing it at half. And Mary McGregor with all the credentials to coach first grade.

It's hard to judge individuals based on what was clearly a team failure! Put Chase Stanley or Fien in the halves in that team and I imagine the result wouldnt have changed. I'll still be diappointed if Seijka isnt playing first grade next week...I dont expect him to change much but having at least 1 half in the first grade would be nice...

twinkletoes

Juniors
The whole Dragons club has a stench about them at the moment. The Cutters seem to have a really good team on paper and yet they are getting whalloped nearly every week. Once again is it the coaching...McGregor has now been elevated for next year to a more hands on role in the first grade squad, but he is not getting the results that should be coming with the squad he has. Or is the attitude of the players that has infiltrated the whole club where they are no longer motivated or prepared to put in. Even the NYC team are going mediocre and yet we have 3 or 4 players in the young origin side and everyone is raving about our young talent. Why are we not getting the results throughout the whole club structure.... on paper we would seem to have pretty reasonable sides. Even our first grade side has 3 current state of origin players, a kiwi international and 2 other ex state of origin players and yet everyone says we don't have the "cattle" to do well.

I think there is a systemic problem throughout the club and we are definitely underachieving with the players we have....The club needs to look closely at both the coaching expertise at all levels and also take a long hard look at the players in general ..their attitude, motiviationa dn commitment to the club

TheRev

First Grade
Did anyone see the game yesterday? Still yet to hear a review of Cummins/Quinlan/Harry's games.

watatank

Coach
The Cutters seem to have a really good team on paper and yet they are getting whalloped nearly every week.

But they're not a really good team. They do have a couple of decent players but other than that, less than average for the most part.

Even the NYC team are going mediocre and yet we have 3 or 4 players in the young origin side and everyone is raving about our young talent.

They were a young team to start the year and now they have brought even younger guys in and it has helped the team.

BennyV

Referee
They were a young team to start the year and now they have brought even younger guys in and it has helped the team.

They've also been messed around a bit - lost their first choice #7, and are playing their only other #7 at fullback, plus lost their first choice fullback, centre and hooker/captain to NSW Cup and First Grade

TheRev

First Grade
Just to reitterate that we played the #4 (now #3) side on monday and with a 5 day turn around we are playing the #1 side (4 wins clear of 2nd) this saturday... they have dropped 1 game all year.

Chances are its another flogging, so a really tough time for our new 1/6/7 spine to get their starts.. but lets hope they put in a good showing anyway and the development time continues... that is if they play and dont get called up for any potential injuries to Duges/BMoz.

attachment.php

Attachments

• nswladder.jpg
    nswladder.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 148

BennyV

Referee
Would still prefer to see Seijka in first grade this week...Sharks are a difficult one, they are made up of both Storm and Sharks reserve grade, with a halves combo of Townsend/Finch, Gardner at fullback and some real power in the forwards...very good side for NSW Cup, will be a good challenge for the guys.

64 Dragon

Coach
They've also been messed around a bit - lost their first choice #7, and are playing their only other #7 at fullback, plus lost their first choice fullback, centre and hooker/captain to NSW Cup and First Grade

They also lost their (and our) first choice 5/8. He took off for the old country and seems to be having a good time where he is more appreciated.

Father Ted

First Grade
Just to reitterate that we played the #4 (now #3) side on monday and with a 5 day turn around we are playing the #1 side (4 wins clear of 2nd) this saturday... they have dropped 1 game all year.

Chances are its another flogging, so a really tough time for our new 1/6/7 spine to get their starts.. but lets hope they put in a good showing anyway and the development time continues... that is if they play and dont get called up for any potential injuries to Duges/BMoz.

attachment.php

That looks like Cronulla are going to win a comp.. It's the year from HELL I'm telling ya.........:crazy::shock::eek:

TheRev

First Grade
The boys managed a 16-16 draw today, anyone see the game? I know Harry scored a try..

Only comment I found was "good game that one.goodwin cost us"

SAP58

Juniors
The boys managed a 16-16 draw today, anyone see the game? I know Harry scored a try..

Only comment I found was "good game that one.goodwin cost us"

Didn't see the game but a tweet on the cutters web site said Cronulla fullback Kurt Mann scored a coverted try in 78 minute to draw the game.

to_ddeath

Coach
Was there, good quality game overall.
Scumulla didn't exactly have much 1st grade representation but they still had the running for most of the 1st half until the latter stages. Cook impressive as usual, plenty of good scoots all afternoon.
Siejka was playing at his best I've seen so far until the injury, was a great shame as he was defending well on the goal line plus put in some nice lead-up work for one of the 2nd half tries. The 21 played really well but wasn't named in the program. Goodwin was nervous under the high ball.
Lucky to escape with the draw in the end, as Scumulla looked much more threatening after Siekja went off. Not a bad result considering the positions on the table.

T.

TheRev

First Grade
Didn't see the game but a tweet on the cutters web site said Cronulla fullback Kurt Mann scored a coverted try in 78 minute to draw the game.
Ah thats the QLD Jr *Fullback, the storm jr, looked ready for 1st grade when I watched him in Origin..

Damn shame about the injury to Harry though, some sort of run were having with our future halves.. hopefully Adam stays fit =)

Last edited:

SAP58

Juniors
Was there, good quality game overall.
Scumulla didn't exactly have much 1st grade representation but they still had the running for most of the 1st half until the latter stages. Cook impressive as usual, plenty of good scoots all afternoon.
Siejka was playing at his best I've seen so far until the injury, was a great shame as he was defending well on the goal line plus put in some nice lead-up work for one of the 2nd half tries. The 21 played really well but wasn't named in the program. Goodwin was nervous under the high ball.
Lucky to escape with the draw in the end, as Scumulla looked much more threatening after Siekja went off. Not a bad result considering the positions on the table.

T.

Does anyone have an update on Siejka's injury please ??