What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dallas adds beef ....now the madunit vs rastas thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briza

Juniors
Dallas adds beef to Manly's new pack

25/10/2003
By PAUL NEWMAN - The Manly Daily

BIG, strong and full of confidence, young Kiwi prop Dallas Rennie is looking forward to a successful 2004 NRL season with the Manly Sea Eagles.

Recommended to the club by former Manly and New Zealand coach Graham Lowe, Rennie arrived in Manly this week.

The signing of Rennie was clouded by controversy after he expressed interest in joining Souths before eventually signing with the Sea Eagles.

"I was talking to them (Souths) before I was talking to Manly and let them know I was really keen to get over here," Rennie said this week. "They then jumped the gun before I had signed anything. But it seems to have all blown over now."

Advice from friends and coaches pointed the 113kg prop to Manly ahead of Souths.

"They told me it was a nicer area and that Manly was a good team who would give me plenty of opportunities."

Rennie was contracted to the New Zealand Warriors for the 2003 season but did not get an opportunity in the NRL, instead he played out the season with Hibiscus Coast in the New Zealand national competition.

This year was the first season that Rennie had not made the finals in three years with the Hibiscus team. For most of his rugby league life the 20-year-old has played in successful teams and he expects that trend to continue at Manly.

"I want to be a winner wherever I go," Rennie said. "I have tended to land in winning teams and I think that will keep going here."

Rennie is one of several young props vying for the Sea Eagles first grade squad.

Ian Donnelly from the Dragons and Eels pair Kane deal and Daniel Heckenberg are the other new props to join local product Jason King up front in the engine room.

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
hes average let me tell you that...hes not a stand out player, solid in what he does, but not a 1st grader.

chileman

Coach
Dirty Hoe said:
hes average let me tell you that...hes not a stand out player, solid in what he does, but not a 1st grader.
That may be true amigo but with the likes of Blocker and Hasler around him he will blossom into a good player I believe!

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
chileman said:
Dirty Hoe said:
That may be true amigo but with the likes of Blocker and Hasler around him he will blossom into a good player I believe!

Amigo have you even seen him play?? or are you just going on what everyone else says??

I've played against him and I can tell you he isn't that flash...hes had good coaching at the Warriors and it still didnt help him.

As Souths said, he just isn't worth it.

chileman

Coach
Nah I've never seen him play so you would know more about him than me....but I have seen Blocker and Hasler play and I'm hoping they will give him a bit of both their experience!

rastus

Juniors
Dirty Hoe said:
chileman said:
Dirty Hoe said:

Amigo have you even seen him play?? or are you just going on what everyone else says??

I've played against him and I can tell you he isn't that flash...hes had good coaching at the Warriors and it still didnt help him.

:D

swoop

Juniors
He's only 19. How can you judge him? We'll have to see if he can crack 1st grade and then should be judged on his performances!

BTW Rastus, I don't know hat you're laughing about, afterall Souths were chasing him aswell. This is Souths' signings so far:

Scott Pethybridge :lol: :lol: :lol:
Glenn Hall (good signing)
Todd Polglase (Unknown quantity)
Shane Marteene(1st Div Player)
Dean Byrne(unknown quantity)
Adam MacDougall (good if you can keep him on the field)
Willie Manu (Good if he was consistant)
Nathan Marles(unknown)
Joe Williams(unknown)
Matt Riddle (unknown)
Terry Hill(Best years past him, injury prone)

Not too much to crow about amongst that lot! :lol: :lol:

rastus

Juniors
swoop said:
He's only 19. How can you judge him? We'll have to see if he can crack 1st grade and then should be judged on his performances!

BTW Rastus, I don't know hat you're laughing about, afterall Souths were chasing him aswell. This is Souths' signings so far:

Nathan Marles(unknown)
Joe Williams(unknown)
Matt Riddle (unknown)

:lol: :lol:

And yours would be

A Walker (enigma - could go either way)
M Monoghan (unknown)
D Heckenburg (reggy)
C Hicks (reggy)
And the rest Cleal, Lennon etc are TOTALLY unproven

but lets just wait & see next year

I was merely responding to a comment made by some-one that has played with him (allegedly) that has re-inforced Souths opinion not to pursue him.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
ratsarse, here you are, trying to make insightful comments away from home after you finally learned that you have nothing to prove at the dunnies forum. And surprise surprise, you're getting carved up here as well, mate, go get a day job so that I can tell you not to give it up!

Let's see where are you going to go with this thread-We're the pride of league............we got more premierships than you............I know you are but what am I?

Go home junior, the dumpster is cleaned out now, more room for your family.

And by the way, Souths suck!

swoop

Juniors
rastus said:
swoop said:

Nathan Marles(unknown)
Joe Williams(unknown)
Matt Riddle (unknown)

:lol: :lol:

And yours would be

A Walker (enigma - could go either way)
M Monoghan (unknown)
D Heckenburg (reggy)
C Hicks (reggy)
And the rest Cleal, Lennon etc are TOTALLY unproven

but lets just wait & see next year

I was merely responding to a comment made by some-one that has played with him (allegedly) that has re-inforced Souths opinion not to pursue him.

Who's this guy that's played with him? And is this player any good himself??

BTW This is what we've got so far:

SEA EAGLES 2004
20 Sep 2003
CLEAL, Kane* LENNON, Mark*
MONAGHAN, Michael *
DENNY, Jonathon MULLANE, Jye
DONALD, Scott RANDALL, Chad**
DONNELLY, Ian* RENNIE, Dallas*
DORN, Luke ROBSON, Jeff
DUNLEY, Shayne* RYAN, Brett

CREARY, Mitch** MCGUINNESS, Kevin
CUTHBERTSON, Adam** MENZIES, Steve**
DEMPSEY, Brad**
HARRIS, Sam** STEPHENSON, Paul*
HAUMONO, Solomon STEWART, Brett
HEANEY, Jarrod STEWART, Glenn
HECKENBERG, Daniel TORRENS, Albert
HOLLINGSWORTH, Nathan WALKER, Ben
HOPOATE, John** WATMOUGH, Anthony **
KING, Jason** WILLIAMSON, Luke

* New players signed
** Manly juniors under contract

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's not a bad roster-with some guidance from Dessie and Blocker-the boys should become fitter and more passionate about there team and the wins will come.

Whereas the dunnies have got Owen "Ronald McDonald" Craigie, Terry "VB" Hill, Adam "Roids" MacDougall, Bryan "Only looked good because of Fittler" Fletcher, Ashley "Looked reasonable next to Langer" Harrison and a heap of no names. I know more soccer players than Dunnies players. Delegate them to Sg Ball and fast. They're embarrassing themselves. :lol:

swoop

Juniors
There's a fair few players aged between 19 and 25! Manly haven't gone for the quick fix by buying players past their use by date. Manly are looking at the long term so that they will remain in the NRL behond 2005.

Souths on the other hand have gone for the "quick fix" and will have half a dozen key players close to the end of their carreers at that time!

rastus

Juniors
madunit said:
That's not a bad roster-with some guidance from Dessie and Blocker-the boys should become fitter and more passionate about there team and the wins will come.

Whereas the dunnies have got Owen "Ronald McDonald" Craigie, Terry "VB" Hill, Adam "Roids" MacDougall, Bryan "Only looked good because of Fittler" Fletcher, Ashley "Looked reasonable next to Langer" Harrison and a heap of no names. I know more soccer players than Dunnies players. Delegate them to Sg Ball and fast. They're embarrassing themselves. :lol:

:lol: :lol: Hey sadunit, still piggybacking of other ppl :lol: :lol: :lol: Do you ever have a thought of your own, or do we have to wait till you pass wind again :lol: :lol: :lol:

swoop

Juniors
Hey Rastus, you haven't answered my question. Who this guy that has played with Rennie??

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
You don't understand how ratfuzz here works. You ask him a question, he doesn't know the answer, so he personally attacks the questioner, so they in turn retalliate, ratfuzz can't win the argument or answer the question, so he goes and starts a thread where he brings out pictures of his family and in some geniused manner finds some sort of unrealistic link between them and the questioner. Next thing you know, he's running off to the mod squad crying victim and they all come to his rescue.

And he has the nerve to tell me I'm piggybacking and don't have any thoughts of my own. At least I can answer a question knob jockey.

So there ya have it people. Don't ask ratsarse any questions co he'll turn it into a personal attack, as he doesn't know any answers.

rastus

Juniors
madunit said:
You don't understand how ratfuzz here works. You ask him a question, he doesn't know the answer, so he personally attacks the questioner, so they in turn retalliate, ratfuzz can't win the argument or answer the question, so he goes and starts a thread where he brings out pictures of his family and in some geniused manner finds some sort of :lol: :lol: the mod squad crying victim and they all come to his rescue.

And he has the nerve to tell me I'm piggybacking and don't have any thoughts of my own. At least I can answer a question knob jockey.

So there ya have it people. Don't ask ratsarse any questions co he'll turn it into a personal attack, as he doesn't know any answers.

:lol: :lol: refer above thread. Once again you have proved your incredible stupidity :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rastus

Juniors
madunit said:
You don't understand how ratfuzz here works. You ask him a question, he doesn't know the answer, so he personally attacks the questioner, so they in turn retalliate, ratfuzz can't win the argument or answer the question, so he goes and starts a thread where he brings out pictures of his family and in some geniused manner finds some sort of unrealistic link between them and the questioner. Next thing you know, he's running off to the mod squad crying victim and they all come to his rescue.

Sadunit, for your benefit

Dirty Hoe
Juniors

Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 9:39 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

chileman wrote:
Dirty Hoe wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
are you talking about me rat? ive played against him...but never with him.

wheres that bin buddy...i think you just had a moment :D

rastus

Juniors
Dirty Hoe said:
are you talking about me rat? ive played against him...but never with him.

wheres that bin buddy...i think you just had a moment :D

Yep you got me. But the point still stands :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts