What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dally M Disappointment

Nanadragon

Juniors
How low has our club gone when not one of our NRL players gets a mention at the Dally M awards night. We used to be up there with the best and even Ben Hunt, after all the talk, misses the top gong.
And I'm over hearing about his negotiations stalling. He either wants to stay or he can go in my opinion.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Nico deserved it but in saying that his team had the softest draw so won more games in the end due to that. Nico can only play what is in front of him and he did so quite well and consistently. Great first season at a new club. Saints Draw was not that much harder but they were just terrible in defence and attack compared to the Sharks hence why Hunt lost it in the end.

He got 3rd which is a great achievement for a team that came outside the 8 (Widdop in 2017 and Benji equal 2nd in 2015 got that high for Saints last time. Benji came equal with Woods lol).

Hunt also got a mention in captain of the year which I think he would have come close. Did Ben with the award during Origin for best Qlder? That is also a great achievement.

It's easy, put him at 9 next season and he will get even closer next season if Bud plays to his potential.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Ben Hunt was a standout in a bog average team. At times he was carrying the side. Honestly the team is so poorly coached, with such crappy attack strategies, such piss-poor defence systems, and such miserable service from the first-choice dummy half, it's a credit to Ben Hunt and Ben Hunt alone that he scored as highly as he did.

As for Nicho Hynes being a deserving winner, I wouldn't know, for I refuse to watch Sharks games.

smi962

First Grade
Hynes deserved it (acquiring a record number of points) given the difference he made to the sharks team and the influence he had on where they finished. To me Hunt didn’t have anywhere near the impact on the team as Hynes did. A lot of individual contributions as opposed to driving the team, which I guess could be down to poor coaching also. Personally Hynes is a very likeable guy and given his looks and the way he spoke at the awards will probably become the next face of the league.

dragon thomo

Juniors
I'm not disappointed for him at all.
Ben is a very good player but his job like the coach is to have the team playing consistant every week.
To win the Rothmans medal i believe your team should at least make the top eight.
Other players like Hinde played in competetive teams to which they had to share points in the medal count.

Old Timer

Coach
Hunt was talked up as the Dally M winner at the back end of the season by people who had trouble in tipping comps despite their so called vast knowledge of the game.

The lens they look through is very different to how many in here see how a game unfolds

Yes Hunt was good many times in a well beaten side but worthy of winning the Dally M I hardly think so and in the end he didn’t so justice served.

possm

Coach
How low has our club gone when not one of our NRL players gets a mention at the Dally M awards night. We used to be up there with the best and even Ben Hunt, after all the talk, misses the top gong.
And I'm over hearing about his negotiations stalling. He either wants to stay or he can go in my opinion.
Craig Young, chairman of the Board is an ex-NRL Captain and Kangaroo player. He knows all about awards and the difference between good and ordinary players. It is he that should be driving the Club to upgrade their squad and ensure a well-balanced team can compete each week.

Hop to it Craig, your club is drowning on your watch!

Illusion

Bench
Craig Young, chairman of the Board is an ex-NRL Captain and Kangaroo player. He knows all about awards and the difference between good and ordinary players. It is he that should be driving the Club to upgrade their squad and ensure a well-balanced team can compete each week.

Hop to it Craig, your club is drowning on your watch!
Sorry mate disagree , he has been a problem , with the club going forward , and throw in Doust and snotty nosed Andrew Gordon ....... All looking after themselves ...... It wont be long before D. Young is coaching the Dragons IMO ...... That could be a reason why Flanno has been a no show ......