What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daniel Abraham

CJKnight

Juniors
It was suposed to be round 8. The only thing I can think of is that Smith used round 9 and the bye this week to make sure he is 100%.

voltron

Juniors
he was named like 21st man on the squad last week wasnt he?
or something like that

so hopefully he can return next week, at lock where he belongs

Pika

Bench
At Saturdays game his leg was still bandaged up and he was on crutches after having a screw removed and some crap cleaned out of his leg.

No idea when he will be back.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
He seems to have one of those injuries where it looks like he will play early week and then when it's time to pass fitness tests etc. it just won't work for him. Might be another 6 weeks before his back in FG, if he stays out for too much longer Smith won't have a chance but to play him in PL to get form back. Unlucky bastard.

Burwood

Bench
KniGhTs BaTTLeR said:
He seems to have one of those injuries where it looks like he will play early week and then when it's time to pass fitness tests etc. it just won't work for him. Might be another 6 weeks before his back in FG, if he stays out for too much longer Smith won't have a chance but to play him in PL to get form back. Unlucky bastard.
His injury wasn't healing as expected, so they booked him in to get the pin in his ankle removed. It was meant to happen at the end of the season, but the pin was rubbing on the tendon and causing discomfort so they were forced to do it now.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
Burwood said:
His injury wasn't healing as expected, so they booked him in to get the pin in his ankle removed. It was meant to happen at the end of the season, but the pin was rubbing on the tendon and causing discomfort so they were forced to do it now.

Thats sh*tty. Poor bastard, if you looked up 'frustrated' in the dictionary there would have to be a picture of Abes there.

cram

Bench
KniGhTs BaTTLeR said:
Thats sh*tty. Poor bastard, if you looked up 'frustrated' in the dictionary there would have to be a picture of Abes there.

Along with a picture of David Seage

keeney

First Grade
Yeah David Seage has totally had worse luck, at least Abes somewhat made it before getting done in.

Pika

Bench
Dave did a full contact session yesterday.

I will not say he is close to returning, as every time I do, he has surgery.

Bailet did the same session.....

Good thing about Abes is atleast we dont have to worry about any other clubs chasing him so he'll go for bargain basement dollars.

keeney

First Grade
Pika said:
Dave did a full contact session yesterday.

I will not say he is close to returning, as every time I do, he has surgery.

Bailet did the same session.....

That's good and bad news, every other time, Seage had a position to come back to. He'd work well on the wing, but his support play etc would be lost. I think the reinvention of Kidley was the final death knell for David Seage.

Its such a shame I cant think of a player with a better "Amount I like" vs. "Total FG games played' ratio.

Super Sub

Juniors
I seriously can't wait for Bailey and Seage to come back to first grade. Although as much as it kills me to say it, Seage might not make it back to firsts. I really hope he does though.

Bailey I am expecting to play some part in the rest of our season when he gets back. He is a bit of a utility and based on how Smith has used our utility style players so far this year we could really see Bailey playing anywhere... 5/8, centre, lock???

I reckon Smithy will give him a couple of shots at 5/8 at some stage in time unless Karwana follows up his strong performance from last weekend with a few more.

keeney

First Grade
After hearing of Smith's view of 5/8th I think Bailey would prolly be our best option. He's a solid player. Having watched the weekends game again though, Karawana was solid. Tackled really well.

I'd love to see Seage replace Polglase, but I can't see it happening. I tire of Polglase more nad more each week. It's Franze time.

CJKnight

Juniors
Karawana has a very nice running game. Made plenty of half-breaks against the Warriors, and was always looking for an offload. He might be our new 5/8.

Franze or Bailey into the centres for mine. Unfortunantly guts is simply not enough for Polglase.

Latest posts