What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dark Angel vs Nirvana

Who is better?

• Dark Angel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nirvana

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Anonymous

Juniors
Dark Angel

First release: 1984 (We Have Arrived)
Genre: Thrash Metal

Key CD:
d46429kcaf4.jpg

Darkness Descends

Key Songs:
? (Dark Angel fans... let me know and I'll fill in the blanks)
?
?

Nirvana

First release: 1989 (Bleach)
Genre: Grunge

Key CD:
f74566dwe8t.jpg

Nevermind

Key Songs:
- Smells Like Teen Spirit
- In Bloom
- All Apologies

Anonymous

Juniors
There's a bit of an anti-Nirvana trend on these forums, but I quite like them. Certainly more than some unknown thrash band that I've never heard before anyway. Nirvana gets my vote.

Le Rouge

Juniors
Nirvana changed music they got us out of the leather pants bands.

All music needs now is a band to do what Nirvana did, and get us out of the gel haired punk and nu metal bands.

ThrashViking

Juniors
Key songs:
Merciless Death
Darkness Descends
Burning of sodom
Perish in flames
Death is certain (life is not)

My vote goes to the LA thrash machine
"This city is guilty! The crime is life! The sentence is death! DARKNESS DESCENDS!"

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nirvana revolutionised a new form of music.

Not many bands/musicians have done anything like that at all.

salivor

First Grade
I don't even know who the hell dark angel is and have no desire to explore thrash metal. Nirvana wins easily.

The Colonel

Immortal
Nirvana, IMO, only became famous because Cobain shot himself in the head. I'm not one to generally speak ill of the dead but I wish he had done it before the band got together. They say that Nirvana changed music - all they really did was take an old idea and put a new spin on it.

At least they gave us Dave Grohl and The Foo Fighters.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Nirvana, apart from the guitar playing the band was brillant, inspired millions & introduced a knew genre of music.

MILLWALL

Juniors
Can i ask how nirvana inspired heaps of people and how they *started a new trend grunge* when there were better grunge bands before them