What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dark Angel vs Nirvana

Who is better?

• Dark Angel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nirvana

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ron Jeremy

Coach
MILLWALL said:
Can i ask how nirvana inspired heaps of people and how they *started a new trend grunge* when there were better grunge bands before them

They may not have been the first grunge band, but you name another grunge band more popular then Nirvana.

They did to inspire millions, he's still as popular as ever even though he's been dead for 10 years!

If the lead singer from Mud Honey or the Screaming trees died tommorrow, do you think anyone apart from some tree huggers in Seattle anyone will care?

ThrashViking

Juniors
Uh - Alice In Chains was one of the bigger bands to come out of seattle durring the grunge era. Layne Stanley's death was pretty big news when it happened.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Alice in Chains had one big album, and that was Dirt, i think that was released in 94 after Nirvana was dead.

I like Alice in Chains, but Nirvana.....even though i'm not a massive fan of there's where bloody huge.

For Kurt's 10 year aniversary since his death, i've lost count of how many music mags with his picture on the front cover for the day, unfortunately Layne Stanley would never recieve such recongition.

MILLWALL

Juniors
I dont get how people call him a genious and he changed music, i mean look at his lyrics pure crap he gets called a great guitarist hes crap they copied the who gimmick with smashing the guitar and hes famous for killing himself i mean what a trackhead to kill himself in the first place hes a weak person and should be forgotten or remember as an idiot who killed himself

Ron Jeremy

Coach
MILLWALL said:
pearl jam, soundgarden even smashing pumpkins waye better and bigger than nirvana

Sound Garden where HARD ROCK!!!, go and listen to the early albums, pure rock!!.

Loud love - perfect example!!!

I'd never class Pearl Jam as Grunge, just because a band comes from Seattle they are not automatically classed as grunge, IMO they where rock.

Smashing Pumpkins, does Porcelina of the vast oceans or Tonight Tonight or thru the eyes of ruby sound grunge??, i'll admit they have songs which border on grunge, but i don't think they fit the grunge criteria.

ThrashViking

Juniors
Lets be honost - how many times have you heard a song by Nirvana other than Smells like teen spirit on the radio? I might of heard about two since Kurts death if that and they both came off Nevermind.
I quite like Nirvana but one can only take so much of listening to 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' for the 15th time on the radio in one day.

Anonymous

Juniors
Lets be honost - how many times have you heard a song by Nirvana other than Smells like teen spirit on the radio? I might of heard about two since Kurts death if that and they both came off Nevermind.

I dunno, I listen to the radio a lot, and rarely hear Teen Spirit. Its always Lake of Fire, All Apologies, Come as You Are, Polly or In Bloom getting the airplay. I certainly won't complain though.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
To tell you the honest truth ThrashViking, and not being biased in my argument, i hear Come as you are, Lithium, Heart shape box, in bloom all the time, i'm being honest.

ThrashViking

Juniors
Fair enough.
Maybe it's just me who sees them as an over-achieving band who is only remembered to the rest of the world as dear I say it one hit wonders.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
I hate how whenever a rock star dies, they instantly become a diety. Do you think Nirvana, Doors, Jimi Hendrix and co. would be as popular or have anywhere near as many fans as they would today if they didn't die? No.

I have come across far too many Nirvana fanboys/girls in my time to rate them as severley overrated. Nirvana fans who are my friends have told me they wouldn't like them as much if Cobain didn't die. That's ridiculous IMO. They are labelled the benchmark by a bunch of angst-ridden teens who never listen to anything else. As stated, they didn't invent grunge, they were just the first to become popular.

That isn't to say they weren't good, or influential, because they were. Can't be denied. But Cobain is no god, just a lad with a guitar. And this constant praising of their work as 'holy' sh!ts me.