What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darren Mooney Gone

RUBIKS

Juniors
It might be old new, however I hadn't heard he left?

SMH said:
Cronulla staffer Darren Mooney attracted interest from Wests Tigers before signing as Newcastle's general manager of football. Mooney will take over the roles vacated by Michael Hagan and Warren Smiles at the Knights.

Source

Not that I know but it always seemed like he was a key part in Flanno's recruitment drives.

I'm not sure but wasn't Mooney the architect behind our use of the salary cap over the last few years?
If so, he is a great loss.

cb4

First Grade
Mooney was the reason we were able to get so many good players fitted under our cap.

Who ever steps into his role will have an incredible job on their hands.

SharkShocked

Bench
Fortunately for whoever steps in there will be a few older boys on big money who we probably won't retain.

Hopefully should make things a little easier to retain youngsters.

Did a great job but has eyes on the top job in an organisation and with Lyall there knew he wasn't going any further up the tree.

For a while there he was de facto CEO. He gave great service to the club.

Mooney's replacement.

http://www.sharks.com.au/news/2016/02/25/introducing_phil_mos.html

The Sharks are pleased to announce the appointment of Phil Moss as the Club’s new Head of Football Operations.

Moss comes to the Sharks with an extensive background in rugby league administration over more than a decade, including previous stints at the Wests Tigers, Penrith Panthers and Parramatta Eels.

It will be Moss’s responsibility at the Sharks to oversee the organisation, planning and delivery of all operational, welfare, educational, administrative and logistical support within the Sharks Football program.

Club CEO Lyall Gorman was pleased to announce Moss had accepted the Football Operations role and to welcome him to the Sharks.

“Phil has an extensive and impressive background in rugby league administration and I have no doubt he will be an outstanding asset to our Club,” Gorman said. “I look forward to working with Phil to achieve our goals to continue to raise the bar in all level of our operation and to deliver the success we all aspire to.”

After beginning in the role last week, Moss has been settling in with his renowned professionalism and passion and was enthusiastic about the Club’s prospects for the year ahead.

“The Sharks have built a strong team both on and off the field and I am excited to have the chance to work with them,” Moss began. “The possibilities for this season and into the future are immeasurable and I’m appreciative to have the chance to be a part of it.”

Moss will work closely with senior management, the NRL and NYC coaching staff and the NRL playing group in his new role as Head of Football Operations.

He replaces Darren Mooney who has left to pursue other opportunities at the Newcastle Knights.

RUBIKS

Juniors
Moss comes to the Sharks with an extensive background in rugby league administration over more than a decade, including previous stints at the Wests Tigers, Penrith Panthers and Parramatta Eels.

So we replace a guy who reportedly (on here) has been the guy most responsible for managing the cap so well, with a guy who has a "decades" experience at the three clubs who have had the biggest drama's surrounding their cap over the past.... decade.

It might not be fair on the bloke to say that but gee, it's worrying.

So we replace a guy who reportedly (on here) has been the guy most responsible for managing the cap so well, with a guy who has a "decades" experience at the three clubs who have had the biggest drama's surrounding their cap over the past.... decade.

It might not be fair on the bloke to say that but gee, it's worrying.

Let's hope that Mooney was not the only one managing the cap.
Let's also hope that either Moss had naught to do with the troubles of those clubs, or he watched and learnt how not to run a club.
Bit of hope in my statement.

Special K

Coach
Tigers are another club with a mess of a salary cap and so did the panthers... I'm not confident

cb4

First Grade
Moss was signed by Gus in 2011 and his first moves were to punt Jennings and Lewis to clear cap space. Since then, Penrith have signed whoever the hell they wanted and released what they needed to.
Not a bad signing, not the worst.

Mooney left for a greater opportunity, we replaced him with a guy who has a more diverse skill set.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Did a great job but has eyes on the top job in an organisation and with Lyall there knew he wasn't going any further up the tree.

For a while there he was de facto CEO. He gave great service to the club.

Can i ask what makes you say this?? Has he stated it before or anything?

(Im a Knights fan and im f*cking sick of Midley as our club boss)

Quigs

Immortal
Did you see our first ever coach in the very centre of the Doctors photo. Don't like his chances of catching the Little Master.

Latest posts