What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darren Nicholls leading Penrith Reggies today.

Dragon66

Juniors
I know he is a 28 year old reserve grader but it will be interesting to see what he will bring to the Cutters next year. Also his skill set as an organiser, general play kicker, and goal kicker could make him a positive addition to the club.

Be interesting to hear your thoughts after the GF.

isaiah

Bench
I know he is a 28 year old reserve grader but it will be interesting to see what he will bring to the Cutters next year. Also his skill set as an organiser, general play kicker, and goal kicker could make him a positive addition to the club.

Be interesting to hear your thoughts after the GF.
Was on the broncos books a year or two ago along with todd murphy and another fringe half just in case the hunt- milford pairing didnt work

Dragon66

Juniors
I thought his game control was good. Scored a good try. His general play kicking was good, but a shame his wingers wouldn't contest the high ball.

I think over the course of next season, if he has signed, he will be a good mentor for our developing juniors. Penrith forwards destroyed the Hunters so Nicholls was under very little pressure but still showed enough that he should be a good value (cheap) addition to our squad.

Shame about the coach.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Nicholls is very solid and there's no lack of leadership there either which is great.
He'd be the perfect back up to Hunt, a massive upgrade on McCrone. Not to mention he's a decent goal kicker as well.

With Field/Sailor/Willis coming through, they need that player who will be spending a lot of time with them in the lower grades to help their development. We need a ready-made first grader as the immediate back up to Hunt.

Walpole

Juniors
I don't think there's an impartial observer alive who would rate Darren Nicholls and his zero games of NRL experience ahead of Josh McCrone.

possm

Coach
With this signing, does it mean Hutch is not signed and won't be signed. So it will be a halves pairing of Nichols and who? I'm sure Field wants Dufty's job but should be the five-eighth in reserve grade as back up for Widdop.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
With this signing, does it mean Hutch is not signed and won't be signed. So it will be a halves pairing of Nichols and who? I'm sure Field wants Dufty's job but should be the five-eighth in reserve grade as back up for Widdop.

Possm
Hutch has been told to look elsewhere.
So very unlikely to be here next season

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Nicholls leading well today. Mind you this PNG side is making Mitch Rein look like Cameron Smith.

Unlike the Dragons' current hooker, Rein actually troubled opposition defensive lines, and has been part of a successful (albeit reserve grade) premiership winning side.

I know which player I'd prefer.

Life's Good

Coach
Unlike the Dragons' current hooker, Rein actually troubled opposition defensive lines, and has been part of a successful (albeit reserve grade) premiership winning side.

I know which player I'd prefer.
They have some similar traits. Play big minutes with a lot of frontline defence but get gassed. Float in and out when it comes to running(may be instructions from the coach). At this stage, where I see McInnes as a better player is his passing from DH because he hits the mark whereas Reins passing was ok to ordinary. Hopefully McInnes can find his running game for 18 because in combination with Hunt it could cause plenty of trouble to retreating defensive lines.