What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darwin

Eelogical

Referee
Do we toss up that garbage at Commbank.

Maybe but I don't think it would have got out of control.

I would happily give up a home game if we have too and send it to Vegas or Magic Round at least then its neutral for both sides.

Getting stitched up with QLD teams every year is just ridiculous.
We've got a shithouse record in Magic Round as an aside. Personally, I don't know what the long term goal is for the NRL or any team playing in Darwin apart from a financial reward in our instance. I'd rather play it in Adelaide or Perth. The climate shouldn't be an issue and expansion would be far more likely. I'm not blaming Darwin as much as some - it's a combination of many factors, the main being our team is shit and is hopelessly out of step with the way the game is being played these days. The only thing we'll win this year is the Darwin Award and possibly a spoon.

We played an average side at ful strength missing 5 top shelf players. No excuses.
We also lost to the Tigers and Canberra flogged us. This game wasn't a one off. We've been woefull for a month. The Cowboys completed at 65% amd we scored some arsy tries to win that. I admit we put in but we looked far from polished
No argument there. But we shouldn't be throwing away 100% of our home field advantage if we can avoid it. Every team has to take a home game somewhere else. We've just managed to do it in a manner that systematically disadvantages the team.

Gazzamatta

Coach
No argument there. But we shouldn't be throwing away 100% of our home field advantage if we can avoid it. Every team has to take a home game somewhere else. We've just managed to do it in a manner that systematically disadvantages the team.
Jimmy Sparkles has been quoted as it being up for review following last night if that actually means anything.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Jimmy Sparkles has been quoted as it being up for review following last night if that actually means anything.
I reckon Jimmy sparkles would have copped some pretty stern words from corporate clients he would have been entertaining during the game last night. WTF are we coming here for to watch this garbage.

Last night's embarrassment would have been the final straw 3 years straight getting flogged.

How much fun is the junket really when the past 3 years its been a humiliation.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I reckon Jimmy sparkles would have copped some pretty stern words from corporate clients he would have been entertaining during the game last night. WTF are we coming here for to watch this garbage.

Last night's embarrassment would have been the final straw 3 years straight getting flogged.

How much fun is the junket really when the past 3 years its been a humiliation.
I didnt think we had any resources to afford such things?

hybrideel

Bench
I went to the game and honestly could not see any reason for it being there. The ground is terrible to watch league at, the closest you can get to the field is about 30 metres and unless you are in the small grandstand, good luck seeing much.
Walking around the ground I will be generous and say about 5% of people had Eels gear. Even early on from the crowd noise, it was obvious that the Dolphins had more support there. I get that neutral supporters will possibly just cheer in general and in the 2nd half when we were getting bent over without lube, every non Eels supporter was cheering on the Dolphins, but even when we were on top in the first half, every moment from the Dolphins got a louder cheer.
I'm guessing that the Eels plan is long term with trying to get the young kids support, and the NT government is hoping for tourist $, but with the performances we are putting in there, I can't see either getting what they want.
Kids aren't going to follow loosers.
Fans aren't going to travel all that way to watch a shit game at a shit ground (even though that's exactly what I did)
If anything, the dolphins were the beneficiary of the game. They got the 2 points and from the conversations I heard around the ground and at pubs over the next 2 days, a few new local supporters

emjaycee

Coach
The Dolphins were given a leg up by the NRL that shouldnt have been given to them, based on the fact it was our home game and our relationship with the NT Government.
I won't go into detail suffice to say that they were given the opportunity to hand out bags and bags of free Dolphins caps without our knowledge.

the phantom menace

First Grade
I won't go into detail suffice to say that they were given the opportunity to hand out bags and bags of free Dolphins caps without our knowledge.
Is that an opportunity that has to be given though?

I would have thought anyone has the right to give away free stuff (at least on public land), and it seems like smart thinking by those running Dolphins club to do so.

Gazzamatta

Coach
The Dolphins were given a leg up by the NRL that shouldnt have been given to them, based on the fact it was our home game and our relationship with the NT Government.
Did you grab an extra one for your mate Gazza?

84 Baby

Referee
That’s just another mark against the club IMO. We do not seem to have any relationship with NRL. I don’t just mean whinging about this week’s referee

hindy111

Post Whore

This is a stitch up. No wonder our players where off

emjaycee

Coach
Well, more fool us and our loser club.
Well done the Dolphins.
None of us can complain that even our marketing department are not even up to scratch.
Mate, without knowing the full story you are actually going off a bit half cocked, but at least Phantom has some comments to like.

hindy111

Post Whore
Well, more fool us and our loser club.
Well done the Dolphins.
None of us can complain that even our marketing department are not even up to scratch.

You know where I live. It's not exactly rugby league territory but I have noticed in the last month kids wearing Panthers jerseys. It gave me a bit of a chuckle
Kids follow success

Latest posts