What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

David Fifita

I think we will miss Lomax more than Sua... not such a big deal if we could actually source players externally.
We have not signed a better player than Sua since we signed Sua. We will miss them both.

In general, t's easier to keep players than to sign new ones. I think it's a big problem if we lose our best 2 players, especially when their best years are ahead of them.

Dribble&Yarn

Juniors
f**k Fifita he’s an overrated slob who can only play small minutes with shit morals we don’t want that kind anymore
And no need to mention his mother!!!
since getting back in the side, Fifita has played no less than 55 mins so not sure what you're on about.
Fifita would be a great signing for us (not what we need but still a good signing).

It's not happening either way, at the very least know who you're talking about when you say shit like this

redv13

Bench
We have not signed a better player than Sua since we signed Sua. We will miss them both.

In general, t's easier to keep players than to sign new ones. I think it's a big problem if we lose our best 2 players, especially when their best years are ahead of them.
If the club manage to botch up the Su’a resigning then they can really go and get f**ked. Stop this bullshit and re sign him now. If he wants 4 years then give it to him. Stop squabbling over 1 year or we will end up getting ZERO years.

He will be 27 at the end of the season so 4 years takes him to 31. For christs sake get it done and done NOW!!

Fifita only plays well for a few weeks when his contract is up or has round 10 clause in his contract.
he isn't what we need, couldn't give a rats if he signs with Panfers or rorters, we should be looking at grabbing a couple of Props, like a Royce Hunt from the sharks they have about 8 props for 2025
I agree on Fifita.

Did you watch Royce Hunt on the weekend?

He's OK. But he's not that alpha prop that everyone wants.

Gomarchin

Juniors

How hard is it to keep your best players when you find it impossible to sign quality players?!?!??!

We're playing hard ball and when we try and recruit quality players (Turuva) we make it an 'incentive based' contract were he'll make more $$ if he plays fullback.

We're shit and negotiating from a position of weakness, not strength.

Are the idiots in charge trying to keep us at the bottom or are they just incompetent?

They can't get the spelling correct on a jersey so I reckon it has to be incompetence.

I'm just saying that we've got enough props of the Royce Hunt level.

I think the trap is we want a player like Haas or AFB. Can't get them and settle for Royce Hunt. Then we wake up and realise he's not an upgrade.
We'd be better off going into the union market and finding two good looking props. Give them some kind of incentivised contract and squeeze the best out of them. We have money. Absolutely agree we don't need another R Hunt level - aka BMM, RFM, Lawrie, M Molo etc

Can't be that hard to transfer a prop between union and league. There'd be some big boppers in rugby up for the limelight of the NRL.

We'd be better off going into the union market and finding two good looking props. Give them some kind of incentivised contract and squeeze the best out of them. We have money. Absolutely agree we don't need another R Hunt level - aka BMM, RFM, Lawrie, M Molo etc

Can't be that hard to transfer a prop between union and league. There'd be some big boppers in rugby up for the limelight of the NRL.
Very few forwards have ever transitioned. Brad Thorn is a dual international. Can't think of many others.

Maybe so but it's at that point as we could not entice an elite player right now even with ridiculous money. You collect the ball and you run hard and straight. If the backs can do it you'd think so could they. What am I missing?
The requirement to shuttle back and forth in defence in the 10 metre era filters out a lot of humans who just aren't fit enough.

If you're looking at union you are better off looking at giant second rowers or locks. A la Big Nelson at Storm. More mobile and big and strong
That seems logical to me. I don't watch union but we really need to identify some quality athletes and take a risk if need be. Sitting back and waiting to try again for 2026 is stupid, and will be no different. This is going worse than we could imagine right now. The Fifita one makes a laughing stock of us. There's no love out there for us. We have to generate it and look at avenues to rebuild the side.

Last edited:

Rocket Rod

Juniors
since getting back in the side, Fifita has played no less than 55 mins so not sure what you're on about.
Fifita would be a great signing for us (not what we need but still a good signing).

It's not happening either way, at the very least know who you're talking about when you say shit like this
Oh ok so 55 huge minutes and half of those he’s mia catching his breath from his run 5mins previously
I don’t see how he’d be a great signing especially on the coin we’d have to pay to get him

TheRev

First Grade
When I say Lomax vs Su'a, I mean we have a series of players that could fill Sua's position and we are still competitive, with more only 1-2yrs away.... but we lose Lomax, and I see absolutely nothing behind him.. barely competent outside backs.. and none of them have any x-factor that could swing a game our way like Lomax does.

The issue is more the fact that we are even having this discussion at all.. that we cant recruit 'or' retain.. and potentially we are going into 2025 'arguably' weaker than 2024.. still need to make calls on JDB and Sloan yet also.