What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

David Fifita

Phantom V

Juniors
It's all about premierships apparently. LMFAO.
We were NEVER in the hunt. I wish fans wouldn't build up hope that we land some marquee player whilst we are cellar dwellers.

Edited to add.. I am not fussed that we didn't break the bank with this guy.
It's just that I hate our Club being mentioned as potential suitors when it isnt the case.
It’s a money grab. He’s already been promised a nice apartment overlooking Bondi and a 6 figure sum to drive Uncle Nicks golf cart when he retires. Can’t say I blame him but the only way he’ll win a premiership is he signed with the Panthers or Broncos, not the Rorters

Parko1310

Juniors
Our recruitment guru should now target young Rooster 2nd Rowers Wong & Tuponiua.
Wong yes, Tuponiua definite no. Some of the worst defence of any second rower in the comp, plus terrible hands. Robbo does have a love affair with him though, so Wong could be a chance to get impatient and leave. Although who knows, he might be happy to wallow in reserves over there despite the fact that at almost any other club, the player would want out. He will be behind Butcher, Crichton, Fifita, Tuponiua. All of which are relatively young. If he stays, its a joke

maestro1

Bench
Millionaires and Billionaires don't give away money for nothing, without making a profit,you get it, smarties. Most times these type of people, use sporting teams as having the lastest Gucci handbag, in the case of the St George Illawarra Supermerge, Twiggy would be embarrassed having a position on the round table amongst his Billionaire peers taking the piss out of him, Red Faced, thinking I have bought a lemon here, as if any elite player would ever go to this shit merger!
Have you heard of Nick Politis???

Dragon David

First Grade
What a load of crap. Roosters lose good players but replace with good players. They get what they chase in most cases. They offer things that players just cannot refuse.

How in hell can a club like ours ever be able to get the better players it's enough to make you want to chuck it all in.

Following the Dragons for such a long time and now feel cheated so badly.

TruSaint

Referee
It’s a money grab. He’s already been promised a nice apartment overlooking Bondi and a 6 figure sum to drive Uncle Nicks golf cart when he retires. Can’t say I blame him but the only way he’ll win a premiership is he signed with the Panthers or Broncos, not the Rorters

indeed, thus my sarcasm re " title " contenders.
Sadly the Chooks will always compete, but they are years away from a title chase. Like many, he was bought by promises, .. post footy.

Last edited:

Lennyb

Juniors
Millionaires and Billionaires don't give away money for nothing, without making a profit,you get it, smarties. Most times these type of people, use sporting teams as having the lastest Gucci handbag, in the case of the St George Illawarra Supermerge, Twiggy would be embarrassed having a position on the round table amongst his Billionaire peers taking the piss out of him, Red Faced, thinking I have bought a lemon here, as if any elite player would ever go to this shit merger!
Gordon putting his son in charge of the absolute shit fight.

Now that is an apprenticeship. Hope he does well.

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
NRL needs to audit the Roosters. They constantly last minute get players to sign with them. Yes they have lot of cap this year but they do it when they have no money. Obviously deals getting made that they don't receive until they retired.
Last time they did that the auditor was Schubert, coincidentally an ex rooster player.
Loads of side dollars and post football dollars wrapped up in this package.

Imagine if we had a media company as a major shareholder and post career options or family jobs could be bundled in…

The Gordon’s don’t give a crap about the dragons success and should get out and let some business operators in..

Twiggy you got some ideas?

Lennyb

Juniors
Last time they did that the auditor was Schubert, coincidentally an ex rooster player.
Loads of side dollars and post football dollars wrapped up in this package.

Imagine if we had a media company as a major shareholder and post career options or family jobs could be bundled in…

The Gordon’s don’t give a crap about the dragons success and should get out and let some business operators in..

Twiggy you got some ideas?
Gordons got twiggy onboard. You think St George did?

Daptodragon

Juniors
The game is stuffed but the NRL don’t get it. Same clubs every year making the finals give or take a couple of spots and all the best players go there. Clubs like us and the Tigers are rooted.
Even the Tigers can sign quality players unlike us, Luia and Turuva spring to mind.

shiloh dc

Juniors
Has anyone asked David Fifita's player manager if he too will accept a 20% haircut on his annual fee. There is no way on earth he would do this. Therefore Fifita will have to subsidise him and will end up getting much less than the annual $825K reported.

Current Titans salary $1M - player agent fee (say 7.5%) = $75K. Fifita nett $925K
New salary at Roosters $825K - player agent fee $75K. Fifita nett $750K

It's ironic that Fifita's manager is Titan Sports Management - I assume they are not related to the Titans club.

This whole deal clearly demonstrates there is no integrity in the NRL competition.

There are some givens in sport -
1. when a top player changes clubs it is invariably for much more money than that disclosed and there are always other benefits not disclosed.
2. when a top player plays for one team all his life and never tests the market - they are being looked after significantly more than their reported salary. Many such players come to mind.
3. benefits arising from a team run by a individual nearly always outdo benefits from a team run by committee/shareholders.

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
😳Well that comes a bloody shock, those chickens have come from nowhere and swooped down upon their unsuspecting prey !

Imagine free latte’s for ever , the occasional appearance on Bondi Rescue and best of all a big fat juicy 3rd party payment that not even the tax office will know about .

Still the big sod will have to perform as the rorters are very quick to separate the chafe from the grain . If there are any clauses in the contract they would be put in by the rorters , not Fifita .

Latest posts