What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

David Fifita

since77

Juniors
I‘m puzzled as to why TPD‘s are hard to police. Don’t they have to be fully disclosed to the NRL? Also, isn’t there an auditor who’s job it is? I understand that the NRL is constrained by restraint of trade legislation but I don‘t see why the full dollar value of player contracts, including TPDs, can’t be established when contracts are registered - and be fully subject to normal audit standards.
The problem lies in the words "fully disclosed" in your second sentence.

St Tangles

Bench
If you have access to sponsors who operate at an arms length to the club there is nothing the NRL can do about third party payments.

An example, If you say know someone who is a lender who can obtain discounted interest rates on home loans and car loans you can save someone a significant sum of money over their lifetime.

Dragon David

First Grade
For anyone that watched the Titans game today, please tell me why Fafita is worth a Mill, talk about over rated, spent half his time sucking in the big ones, I hope he enjoyed the boo's he got from the Titans fans. Extremely happy we didnt even look like getting him,
Yeah, Nah and Nah. D Fifita has never rated in my books. He is just an oversized piece of jello.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If there was a points system then Roosters losing JWH, Manu, Suallii Keary and getting Fifita next season doesn't look so bad does it. Where as teams that let go of juniors or rejects and bring in stars who have played Origin or won a comp without being questioned for sombrero's that is the issue I have. Their salary cap is apparently so poor that they are paying rejects big dollars yet when the bring in stars we are to believe they are on unders. Apparently losing Amaloti and Averillo are the same value as Crichton, Taafe, Connor Tracey and Xerri. Dogs bought a whole backline of players who would be at a minimum 450k to 1 Mill.

since77

Juniors
I'm warming more and more to a points kind of system but I'd suggest exemptions or discounts for players who make their first grade debut for the club. Clubs have to be rewarded for developing their own players. As much as I am happy to see Penrith getting squeezed at the moment, at the same time they don't deserve to lose players they have developed through their juniors.
One thing is for certain, something has to change or we're just going to see the clubs who manage / rort the system at the top most of the time with the occasional Cindarella story for the other clubs to fight it out for once every 10 years or so......

Slippery Morris

First Grade
No matter if there was a points system or player exemptions, the Saints management would screw it up big time. They seem to be incapable of bringing in good talent or retaining their best as it is.

St Tangles

Bench
I'm warming more and more to a points kind of system but I'd suggest exemptions or discounts for players who make their first grade debut for the club. Clubs have to be rewarded for developing their own players. As much as I am happy to see Penrith getting squeezed at the moment, at the same time they don't deserve to lose players they have developed through their juniors.
One thing is for certain, something has to change or we're just going to see the clubs who manage / rort the system at the top most of the time with the occasional Cindarella story for the other clubs to fight it out for once every 10 years or so......
The Roosters would just purchase more young guns from other areas

David Fifita has decided no to go to the Roosters and stay with the Titans. Heard on 2GB this morning.
I read that roosters pulled the contract

Latest posts