What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dean Young at 5/8? WTF?!?!

Albinomonkey

Juniors
yeh i've been working on something for a while now. tried to get it done for the start of the season but now that uni's started again it's gonna have to wait till 2007 i guess.

Mong

Post Whore
Albinomonkey said:
in case you were wondering (or mildly interested at least):

Dragons 5/8's since 99 (named as 5/8 at start of match only)

7. Lance Thompson :? - 1 match, 0.00%
2001_10_ateamsaints.jpg

What a sh*t team.. When was that? Did we win that game? Leikvoll... Hart. hookey, peters...Farrar.... Nightmare stuff

borat

Bench
Mong said:
What a sh*t team.. When was that? Did we win that game? Leikvoll... Hart. hookey, peters...Farrar.... Nightmare stuff

I would almost go as far to say that is close to the sh*ttest team we have fielded in the last 10 years. Although I didn't think to much of the side we posted against the Knights at Origin time last year either.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
I'm not so much worried about Dean Young at 5/8, but the pressure it will create for Hornby.

I'd much rather a recognised half, in Sheppard, being placed in the side.

At least Hornby has somebody with experience in the halves to turn to when he's handled the ball for the billionth time in the 60th minute.

Not to doubt Deano, but he does an amazing job in the forwards, and we're only weakening our pack against a good side to strengthen our backs.

Stick Gas in at 5/8 and send a junior to the wing, sit Best at centre. At least backs are in reasonably adjustable positions. Second row to 5/8 is a big transition.

S2H

Juniors
There will be massive pressure on the kicking game on Sunday. Gorrell is going to have to make some kicks on the last I would think.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
I'm pretty sure Young can kick, but you're right S2H. Hornby is going to be rushed up on a few times that's for sure.