What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Demetriou sacked

speedster

Juniors
“A difficult decision obviously for the rubber days, but effective immediately and I’m told Ben Hornby will be in charge".

The rubber days? LOL - obviously somebody had the job of transcribing what that lush Rothfield was saying from the audio and got it a tad wrong.

Never heard our club referred to as the rubber days but I think he meant the Rabbitohs. Eff me!

speedster

Juniors
The South Sydney Rabbitohs have terminated the coaching contract of Head Coach Jason Demetriou today, effective immediately.

Following a meeting of the Football Club Board, in conjunction with club management, it has been decided that the Club needs to go in a new direction with its coaching following a less-than-satisfactory series of results over the 2023 and 2024 seasons.​
Rabbitohs CEO, Blake Solly, said: "The Board and management feel that now is the time to make a change to the leadership of our football program in terms of the head coaching role.

"There is no doubting Jason's work ethic or his drive for success, but unfortunately that success has not been forthcoming over the past 12 months.

"We wish Jason, his wife Natalie and his daughters the very best of luck in the future and we thank him for his service to our Club over the past five-and-a-half years."

Ben Hornby will take control of the team as Interim Head Coach for the remainder of the 2024 season.

Dud should have resigned last week and blamed “ family reasons” then he would have a better chance of a come back later.

Now it’s all over for him as he “hasn’t got the results.”

He held out for a miracle turnabout and was a victim of his own fantasy and self belief.

Latrell has lost his powerful friend and the decision justifies Sam and Morris’s rude but honest exit.

Hornby straight into the role, so he’s been sounded out previously, waiting for his big chance. Slying about in the smokey corridors, building up his numbers!

I take no unreasonable pleasure in duds sacking and pretty much blame Fathead for depriving him of his services for a lot of his tenure. Not listening, not caring and not looking after his friend.

And don’t suppose for a minute that fathead will have an epiphany on the back of yet another person whose life he has helped destroy.

I hope this purge has just begun.

You mean one big hop for bunnykind.
Don’t skin the messenger, he’s not one for details!

I’ve got a few @blue bags stories from back in the day to share.

His favourite pick up line “ Hey there, why don’t you buy me a drink?”

Has never failed.

Climbing the light towers at Leichardt oval, making giant shadow puppets at half time.

He’s done it all.

Last edited:

doyen

Bench
Not sure Bennett would want Sam---Demetriou was Wayne's offsider[& very good friend] for a good number of years;including at Sths---Wayne recommended him strongly for Sths head coach & groomed him for the posse---I can't see him being too happy at all about today's developments & the fact that Sam walked out on his anointed one last season in dubious circumstances. I also think Rusty had a problem with Sam too at the time when he walked . TBH,I'm not a fan of Sam BURGESS !!

Last edited:
Not sure Bennett would want Sam---Demetriou was Wayne's offsider[& very good friend] for a good number of years;including at Sths---Wayne recommended him strongly for Sths head coach & groomed him for the posse---I can't see him being too happy at all about today's developments & the fact that Sam walked out on his anointed one last season in dubious circumstances. I also think Rusty had a problem with Sam too at the time when he walked . TBH,I'm not a fan of Sam BURGESS !!
Sam was right to walk out. Senior players were on holiday and getting away with it. I think he knew what was coming.

I think the problems at Souths go a lot deeper than dud. I think the board is getting tired and has lost its mojo and fresh blood is desperately needed.

I hope Rusty starts to put pressure on them to step down. It’s probably time Solly moved on. Stuck in a rut. Rusty should sort that too.

It’s the club that is eternal, the actors come and go and it’s a good opportunity to freshen things up.

Sam was right to walk out. Senior players were on holiday and getting away with it. I think he knew what was coming.

I think the problems at Souths go a lot deeper than dud. I think the board is getting tired and has lost its mojo and fresh blood is desperately needed.

I hope Rusty starts to put pressure on them to step down. It’s probably time Solly moved on. Stuck in a rut. Rusty should sort that too.

It’s the club that is eternal, the actors come and go and it’s a good opportunity to freshen things up.

Absolutely correct TSP by the way I have a few on my ignore list so that I dont read what those keyboard warriors say so mate its been all clear sailing since I put those abusers on ignore lol and quietly they all know who they are lol

Hi Doyan wighton should had been #6 on debut just look at trellmyth dudmetriou had no control over him he went rogue and out of control since Sam left. We are coming last thats not sams fault its dudmetriou's fault the buck stops with the coach and that's a fact.like TSP said our board room needs a shake up and I believe silly solly should had been axed maybe in time that will happen silly solly aint no shane richardson. richo got things done solly has nothing on richo as a ceo I reckon.we need bennett and we need sam burgess whether we get one of them or both of them time will tell. all will be revealed Doyen its hard times at the moment and at present we can't get any worse so I suggest at this point in time we will climb the ladder a big game is upon us on thurs go souths make us proud.

Latest posts