What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

desperation

This Year?

Immortal
What a joke........why would we want an old washed up second rower anyway. His career has been ruined now by being in SL for so long. If this is the best Browny can come up with, he needs his head read. He should be more interested in working with what he's got instead of looking in England for players.

God-King Dean

Immortal
F*ck me this is embarrassing. Offload these young, promising players... & buy to has beens, one which we wanna use out of position.

Supposing we do buy him...

11. Fletcher
12. Sailor
13. Creagh

Where does that leave Young ?

I guess he is seeing what impact Simon Woolford experience brings to our club and is trying to have a backline full of experienced old heads as well????

No idea how this is going to help us when these guys go into retirement villiages after next year.I cannot see this doing us any good.

Is he buying cheap experienced guys on a 12 month contract to free up money for a 2009 big name signing?

Dragonheart

Juniors
Don't want, or need, Fletcher. As for Sailor, do we really want someone coming off a 2 year suspension for drug use? Any suspicion he's ingringed again and it will spill over to paint the whole team with the same brush.

Not to mention his age and career status.

drake

First Grade
Shaysus.

Fletcher? Sailor?

Nathan Brown is definitely totally F.I.T.H. Providing retirement solutions for old mates.

Southernsaint

Staff member
But the "Fletch Lives" sign that GST could makes would be worth the irreparable Salary Cap damage that his deal would inflict.

Go for it, Browny!!

Leek UK

Juniors
This Year? said:
What a joke........why would we want an old washed up second rower anyway. His career has been ruined now by being in SL for so long. If this is the best Browny can come up with, he needs his head read. He should be more interested in working with what he's got instead of looking in England for players.
Looking in england for players,you guys would love these at your club -

paul wellens
james roby
jon wilkin
jamie peacock
leon pryce
stuart fielden - all these would get in your 17

you would love Barrett back and gorrell and greenshields too.

Im sure you would want brent webb,shontayne hape,iafeta paleaaesina.

:lol:

_Johnsy

Referee
Leek UK said:
Looking in england for players,you guys would love these at your club -

paul wellens
james roby
jon wilkin
jamie peacock
leon pryce
stuart fielden
:lol:
:blahb: :blahb: :blahb:

No thanks we produce our own.

GJB-HKR

Juniors
Immortal said:
F*ck me this is embarrassing. Offload these young, promising players... & buy to has beens, one which we wanna use out of position.

Supposing we do buy him...

11. Fletcher
12. Sailor
13. Creagh

Where does that leave Young ?

Talking of offloading younger players, my team (Hull KR) have just signed this guy from you...

http://hullkr.co.uk/news.php?id=458

I know he hasn't played first grade yet, but do any of you know anything about him, his strengths and potential weaknesses ect?

Any info would be greatly appreciated and good luck for the rest of the season.

dragonfire

Bench
Brown and Doust need to realise that if we can keep a core group of younger players together for 2 more years we will go close to winning. As for second rowers at this point we will have Young, Scott, Creagh, Setu and after seeing Stanley and some of his running another 1-2 years and he will be a dominant second rower as well

drake

First Grade
I've got no issues with signing players from the UK, Fielden and Wellens would be great, but signing guys who got too old and slow for the bad bunnies?

Leek UK

Juniors
drake said:
I've got no issues with signing players from the UK, Fielden and Wellens would be great, but signing guys who got too old and slow for the bad bunnies?
agree

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Great. It appears as though the rumours are true.

Watch for Nullavo and Hannay to be approached by Saints as well.

This is moving beyond a joke - Our club administration needs to be quickly and quietly smothered in a dark alley.

borat

Bench
Out of the players mentioned in that article, Jeremy Smith is the one I hope we get.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Oh, add Joe Williams to the bunch Doust wants to sign.

I'm not saying we'll get all of them (At least I ope we don't) but that's the rumour circulating.

dragonfire

Bench
I can understand getting an older more experienced playerin though i guess Ryles and Woolford arent experienced nough to help the forward pack. I agree with you Borat, Jeremy Smith is probably the one i would prefer out of the aforementioned players. Joe Willliams??? whats doing with that, the guy cant even get a start at Souths

Father Ted

First Grade
Drew-Sta said:
Oh, add Joe Williams to the bunch Doust wants to sign.

I'm not saying we'll get all of them (At least I ope we don't) but that's the rumour circulating.

Even though the Key performance indicators from our key assets enhanced the value of the brand yesterday , the evolution of the brand requires more experienced older key assets that have established their brand and we now can export key assets to the UK and other opposition brands in the market place . Thats why our brand is one of the most sort after brands , that and we're clueless .

Latest posts