What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diablo III

clarency

Juniors
At risk of starting the standard console vs computer gaming war.

Is anyone else getting this for console?

Tommax25

Bench
At risk of starting the standard console vs computer gaming war.

Is anyone else getting this for console?

If you get it on console you have to wait for it. It doesn't even have an announced console release date. /question

Have it 85% installed and will finish the last 15% when I get home. I got to work at 8 so I could leave at 4 so I could play asap lol

Tommax25

Bench
Picking up my copy in about an hour. Then I only have to wait til 5 to play it... :?

I'm assuming you could play now if it was live now? The wait must suck if you're at home. I liked the 5pm release as it means I can go to work and not wish I was at home playing :lol: Tomorrow though....

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Same.

Haven't played any of the other Diablo games so just wanted to see what all the fuss was about.

I was noob enough to expect to play it when I got home an hour ago. Would be good if you could play it offline.

Big Tim

First Grade
You cant play it offline??

Thats weird.

I would expect an online registration, but having to be online to play??? What if their servers crash? No Diablo for anyone.

I know my Dad is pissed he has to wait till tonight, thought he would have the whole day before my younger siblings wanted to play it.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Yeah it's a bit strange but I guess it's an attempt to avoid Piracy. Pretty unlikely that all of Blizzards servers would crash. That would be epic.

Downloaded Diablo II to play in the meantime. Might give me a good idea how to play before hand.

redvscotty

First Grade
WoWs servers rarely crash, if ever. I don't play anymore but apart from weekly Tuesday maintenance I can't remember them ever being down.

Hopefully I'll get to EB before it closes and get to play tonight!

Jason Maher

Immortal
Installing the game now. Took me a while to get it started, due to reading B8 in my authentication key as 88. *facepalm*

age.s

First Grade
I reckon a lot of people are going to end up disappointed. I haven't been impressed with what I've seen about the game, very much on the fence. I'm going to wait and see how the pay-to-win auction house ends up affecting the end game. Not a fan of the cookie cutter classes and "streamlined" combat system either. Not to mention the lack of LAN.

No doubt the pinnacle of the hype machine isn't the best time to be pointing all this out.

Tommax25

Bench
I reckon a lot of people are going to end up disappointed. I haven't been impressed with what I've seen about the game, very much on the fence. I'm going to wait and see how the pay-to-win auction house ends up affecting the end game. Not a fan of the cookie cutter classes and "streamlined" combat system either. Not to mention the lack of LAN.

No doubt the pinnacle of the hype machine isn't the best time to be pointing all this out.

There's no lan with starcraft 2 either but that hasn't stopped it being a huge success. Didn't help it, but didn't stop it either.

Eelectrica

Referee
If they have a 1 level playable demo, I'll take a look, but from the videos I've seen, I don't get the hype at all.
Looks like a game blizzard had a few employees work on during some downtime.

age.s

First Grade
There's no lan with starcraft 2 either but that hasn't stopped it being a huge success. Didn't help it, but didn't stop it either.

SC2 was a success? Sure it sold ok, but Blizzard wanted it to become a professional sport with 100,000 people packing out stadiums to watch grand finals. In that regard it has been a disappointment. No LAN was about stopping 3rd parties from running professional tournament structures as much as it was piracy, but given that they've merged with the only 3rd party that would have challenged them in Korea and the rest of the world thinks SC2 is just a pretty cool video game I'd say it did more harm than good.

Dragon

Coach
Will get heavily into it i think. My initial reaction to the class abilities was meh but the rune system is mega deep and i think people will come up with some interesting builds.

Heard that on inferno even the trash mobs have enrage timers its going to kick some serious ass

Jason Maher

Immortal

I'm reserving judgement on these issues, but I share your concerns. Diablo III will have to be really, really good though to hold my attention as long as Diablo II has (about to play it right now because I couldn't be arsed trying to log in repeatedly to D3). I'm a dedicated Single Player in D2.

Last edited:

Tommax25

Bench
SC2 was a success? Sure it sold ok, but Blizzard wanted it to become a professional sport with 100,000 people packing out stadiums to watch grand finals. In that regard it has been a disappointment. No LAN was about stopping 3rd parties from running professional tournament structures as much as it was piracy, but given that they've merged with the only 3rd party that would have challenged them in Korea and the rest of the world thinks SC2 is just a pretty cool video game I'd say it did more harm than good.

Its doing pretty good on that front actually. It had packed event centres (not 100k, but whatever the capacity is for them). But it gets 100k concurrent viewers on stream for its events, and in all aspects its growing. On top of that there have been developments that will boost it even further on top of the already present growth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adNMS1DFSBA&feature=plcp

Its hardly been a disappointment, in any regard.

Latest posts