What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diablo Mafia: Game Information

Jason Maher

Immortal
I'm putting this up now so people can have a read. I've basically combined elements of an RPG and the Diablo universe with Mafia, and the result is a fairly complex game, at least by Mafia standards. No prior knowledge of Diablo, Diablo II, or Diablo III is assumed. Any necessary information will be provided via PM and/or write-ups. You may be able to dig up a clue or two though. ;-)

If you're interested in finding out more about the games and the universe, I recommend www.diablowiki.net. Here are some particularly pertinent pages (warning: many, many spoilers for all 3 games):

Diablo
Diablo II
Diablo III
The world of Sanctuary
Tristram

Diablo II character classes:

The 7 Lords of Hell:

- Diablo, Lord of Terror
- Mephisto, Lord of Hatred
- Baal, Lord of Destruction
- Duriel, Lord of Pain
- Andariel, Maiden of Anguish
- Azmodan, Lord of Sin
- Belial, Lord of Lies

Blizzard's own game guides might also worth a read: Diablo II, Diablo III.

[more to come]

afinalsin666

First Grade
Awesome. When's the eta for this one? If it runs past the 14th could I chuck my role at a dead player if I survive? Really want to play at least a bit of this one.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Probably in a week or so, depending on how long Mis' game goes. I actually re-wrote my game from scratch while at work last night (yep, was really busy). Finally got something workable, I think. The Diablo games have an awful lot of complexity under the hood, and trying to reduce that down to something that works as a forum game wasn'tt easy.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Can I please be an MF Sorc? I'll spend my time doing Pindle runs and Meph runs.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Wait and see what the options are first, eh? ;-) Suffice to say, I'm not running the full 210 skills from Diablo II.

Jason Maher

Immortal
I was tossing up between Frozen Orb and Blizzard for one of the sorc's main skills. Thanks for making my decision for me. Blizzard it is.

Jason Maher

Immortal
What a merkin. I typed up a whole heap of shit the other day, but obviously forgot to save the edit. Phail.

Jason Maher

Immortal
I'll put a sign-up thread up tonight. Game won't start til next week sometime though. A lot of information to type up and make sure people understand before we can roll. If someone wants to run a speed game to fill the time, feel free.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Just had comfortably my most shit day in several years, hence no sign-up. I'll endeavour to get one up in the next few days, but no promises. My wife needs my attention right now more than you lot.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Just had comfortably my most shit day in several years, hence no sign-up. I'll endeavour to get one up in the next few days, but no promises. My wife needs my attention right now more than you lot.

No worries, mate. Hope she's well.

Latest posts