What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did Green Valley ever have a rugby league club?

kdalymc

Bench
Don't have much to go on here but my old man said he played league up until 10-12 years old which would have put him at mid 1960s... Was there ever a team called Green Valley back then, or anything close he would have played at? Cheers

rightleftin

Juniors
Don't have much to go on here but my old man said he played league up until 10-12 years old which would have put him at mid 1960s... Was there ever a team called Green Valley back then, or anything close he would have played at? Cheers
They certainly did - look at the fairfield newspapers - the biz & the broadcaster in TROVE. Junior teams in the 60's and then a few senior teams 1970-1973 some of which were at the top or near top of the ladder without winning any premiershipe.

RedVee_8

Juniors
Sure did. I’m pretty certain that my son played against Green Valley as a kid. Maybe 15 years ago. Not sure of their current status.

Delboy

First Grade
Green Valley had some teams in the Parra junior League in the early 80s, a lot of teams disappeared when Wests took over the area. Ashcroft and others went quickly as from memory they was little interest from Wests after the NSWRL redid the boundaries, probably 8 or so smaller teams just decent. H

RedVee_8

Juniors
Ashcroft, Green Valley, Liverpool All Saints, Hichenbrook Hornets, Liverpool Catholic Club were all in Wests Magpies Jnrs in the 2000’s. My son played against all of those clubs.

RedVee_8

Juniors
Awesome news any idea what colours they were and what they were called?
No, but I was running the line at their ground when the cops arrived and a spectator jumped the fence into the field area. The game was stopped and we had to get the players together while we all watched what could have been a mini riot… but wasn’t that bad. Entertaining if shocking at the time.
Our boys lost all concentration in the break and ended up getting pumped in the end.

I played for the Heckenberg Hawks in the late 1960's out of Whitlam Park. Worst-player-ever. I don't recall playing a Green Valley team, but I'm pretty sure they existed, just not in our district.

Roy22

Juniors
From what I can recall from late 80's - 90's located in and around the Valley in the Wests Comp:
* East Valley United Vikings (border of Cartwright / Busby / Miller) - Green, Red & White,
* Ashcroft Stallions (behind Ashcroft High) - Maroon & Yellow,
* Macquarie Cobras (next to Miller High) - Blue, Black & White: Cronulla Sharks jersey's,
* Liverpool Catholic Club Raiders (next to Catholic Club - border of Miller / Prestons) - Blue & Yellow

There were other teams such as Heckenburg and Busby as stand alone's before my time.

Now:
* Liverpool Catholic Club &
* Hinchinbrook Hornets (Early 2000's)

Other teams that surround the Valley that played in the Wests Comp in the late 80's & 90's:
* Liverpool City "Poola" (Hillier Oval) - Blue, Red & White: East's jersey's
* Liverpool All Saints (Warwick Farm) - Green & Yellow: moved to Hillier when City folded

I know there were others, one at Lurnea that wore Green, Black & White and in the late to mid 2000's there was Liverpool Titans (Casula) - Gold Coast colours / jersey's.

Hope this helps.

ghoti

Bench
From the '90s & '00s can confirm Valley United Vikings in the in green and white at least (I can't remember the red, but could be mixing the jerseys up with Ingleburn RSL?) I think the club would have folded in the mid-to-late 2000s because their players showed up in different clubs around then..

Minto Cobras in Norths jerseys missed from the above.. St Gregs Campbelltown (maroon and blue) entered some teams into the Wests comp some years. Eaglevale St Andrews, Macarthur Saints (blue and gold I think) and the others from memory are all covered in Roy22's post

Roy22

Juniors
From what I can recall from late 80's - 90's located in and around the Valley in the Wests Comp:
* East Valley United Vikings (border of Cartwright / Busby / Miller) - Green, Red & White,
* Ashcroft Stallions (behind Ashcroft High) - Maroon & Yellow,
* Macquarie Cobras (next to Miller High) - Blue, Black & White: Cronulla Sharks jersey's,
* Liverpool Catholic Club Raiders (next to Catholic Club - border of Miller / Prestons) - Blue & Yellow

There were other teams such as Heckenburg and Busby as stand alone's before my time.

Now:
* Liverpool Catholic Club &
* Hinchinbrook Hornets (Early 2000's)

Other teams that surround the Valley that played in the Wests Comp in the late 80's & 90's:
* Liverpool City "Poola" (Hillier Oval) - Blue, Red & White: East's jersey's
* Liverpool All Saints (Warwick Farm) - Green & Yellow: moved to Hillier when City folded

I know there were others, one at Lurnea that wore Green, Black & White and in the late to mid 2000's there was Liverpool Titans (Casula) - Gold Coast colours / jersey's.

Hope this helps.

Roy22

Juniors
ghoti, EVU had a green jersey with a white and red V.

I only listed the clubs from Green Valley and surrounds as that was what the question was. I could name all the Campbelltown Clubs as there were at least 10 - 12 in the late 80's early 90's, only about 8 survive of them they now play in a Macarthur Conference with the old Grup 6 CRL.

Ingleburn RSL Burners (now Tigers) have always played in Blue and Yellow, this was one of my junior clubs. Ingleburn Bulldogs were Green & White.

Hope this helps.

RedVee_8

Juniors
ghoti, EVU had a green jersey with a white and red V.

I only listed the clubs from Green Valley and surrounds as that was what the question was. I could name all the Campbelltown Clubs as there were at least 10 - 12 in the late 80's early 90's, only about 8 survive of them they now play in a Macarthur Conference with the old Grup 6 CRL.

Ingleburn RSL Burners (now Tigers) have always played in Blue and Yellow, this was one of my junior clubs. Ingleburn Bulldogs were Green & White.

Hope this helps.
My son played at Campbelltown Collegians (red n blue) and then one year at Macarthur Saints (blue n gold)up to around 2008 I guess