What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disney Acquires Lucasfilm - Star Wars Episode VII is a reality

Matchball

Bench
Meh. I won't watch anything star wars related that they produce.
No doubt we will see Hans solo using a iPhone or iPad in the film.

butchmcdick

Immortal
Ten things you probably didn't know about Star Wars
  1. While there were 65,000 "Jedi Knights" at the last Census, in the 2001 Census more than 70,000 Australians (0.37%) declared themselves members of the Jedi order.
  2. Star Wars Ep. I: The Phantom Menace generated most box office sales worldwide - $1,007,044,677
  3. The seven movies generate worldwide box office sales of $4,485,672,683
  4. The Star Wars franchise generated $US27,000,000,000 by 2011
  5. One of the "asteroids" in the famous asteroid-dodging scene in the Empire Strikes Back was really a potato.
  6. R2-D2's name comes from the term "reel 2, dialogue 2"
  7. The design of the Millenium Falcon is based on a cheeseburger, with the pickle spear sticking out the top becoming the communications dish.
  8. Jabba the Hutt was originally going to be furry.
  9. Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader has been played by six different people: David Prowse, James Earl Jones, Bob Anderson, Sebastian Shaw, Jake Lloyd, Hayden Christensen.
  10. The original voice actor for Darth Vader, James Earl Jones, was so sure Star Wars would be a flop he asked to not have his name appear in the film's credits
http://www.northernstar.com.au/news/may-the-fourth-be-with-you-always/1855116/

Generalzod

Immortal
Ten things you probably didn't know about Star Wars
  1. While there were 65,000 "Jedi Knights" at the last Census, in the 2001 Census more than 70,000 Australians (0.37%) declared themselves members of the Jedi order.
  2. Star Wars Ep. I: The Phantom Menace generated most box office sales worldwide - $1,007,044,677
  3. The seven movies generate worldwide box office sales of $4,485,672,683
  4. The Star Wars franchise generated $US27,000,000,000 by 2011
  5. One of the "asteroids" in the famous asteroid-dodging scene in the Empire Strikes Back was really a potato.
  6. R2-D2's name comes from the term "reel 2, dialogue 2"
  7. The design of the Millenium Falcon is based on a cheeseburger, with the pickle spear sticking out the top becoming the communications dish.
  8. Jabba the Hutt was originally going to be furry.
  9. Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader has been played by six different people: David Prowse, James Earl Jones, Bob Anderson, Sebastian Shaw, Jake Lloyd, Hayden Christensen.
  10. The original voice actor for Darth Vader, James Earl Jones, was so sure Star Wars would be a flop he asked to not have his name appear in the film's credits
http://www.northernstar.com.au/news/may-the-fourth-be-with-you-always/1855116/

Also Alec Guiness hated Star Wars:

Say it ain't so! Legendary actor Alec Guinness didn't have high hopes for George Lucas' space opera when he signed on; in fact, he downright hated it and had no idea what a smash it would become. Guinness begged Lucas to kill off Obi-Wan Kenobi, and he eventually relented. "What I didn't tell him," Guinness later revealed, "was that I just couldn't go on speaking those bloody awful, banal lines. I'd had enough of the mumbo jumbo." Harsh words, but prety accurate nonetheless.

http://www.virginmedia.com/movies/features/20-things-you-never-knew-about-star-wars.php?page=4

Shorty

Staff member
Until now I've been ignoring the fact that this is going ahead probably because like others the prequels were so different to the originals.
I didn't actually hate the prequels as much as most do but they didn't tie in very well with the originals, massive fan of Abrahams but I'm not sure where the story goes?
If we are talking eu then the possibilities are endless.