What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do the huddle

the stranglers

Juniors
More grubbiness from Bellamy and the storm. In a gang tackle, huddle around the players head and shoulders so joint manipulations and locks can't be seen by the refs and video refs. Watch closely and see how many times players come out of one of these huddle tackles spitting chips. One day they're gonna break somebody's neck. Wait a minute, didn't they already break David Williams ' neck.

WayneBennett

Juniors
i-can-count-to-potato.jpg

hunters

Juniors
Idiot....as much as I hate Slater he did a great job of supporting David Williams in that accident.

dogslife

Coach
:lol: Melbourne didn't even play this weekend, yet they somehow get another whinge thread dedicated to them

Fire

First Grade
Wrestling is part of the NRL now. The Dragons employed Mick Cutajar for their 2010 season and won the Premiership.

Coaches have wanted to slow the play-the-ball down since day dot. If you played OP, you'd remember your coach telling you to grab the tackled player's ankle to trip him as you were both getting up. You can't really do that these days, so wrestling was the natural substitute.

I agree with the Storm hate though. Some of their illegal wrestling moves (chicken wings, crushers, etc) are scary to watch.

Last edited:

God-King Dean

Immortal
I can't reveal my source, but a current NRL player told me about this huddle tactic. This current player was sodomized by Cameron Smith. But there was no witness so the MRC couldn't charge him. At first he thought Smith was really nice & handsome. But then he started to finger the waistband of his shorts.....

bottle

Coach
I was going to say that I thought 'Golden Brown' was a better effort by The Stranglers. However given GKD's post above, it might be misconstrued.

Lucky Roy

Juniors
Melbourne Storm's got some massive problems coming down the pike but you won't read about it in the Telecrap. Or hear it from knucklehead Hadley. But it's in today's AFR and it is to do with splitting News Ltd worldwide. Apparently the Storm are going to end up in the "Australian" section which does NOT include the moneymaking Entertainment divisions but does include the massively unprofitable newspapers. Melbourne's CEO, a Mr Ron Gauci, has been given specific instructions to seek out possible buyers as News are a little bit tired of paying $2M to $4M per season (AFR's figures) and the accumulated losses are unsustainable, particularly in a new - listed - company that already has huge loss making operations and is undergoing extensive "efficencies".

I'm thinking chicken wing tackles and the like are the least of their problems.

Perth Red

Post Whore
lol at OP, that's all.

Lucky Roy did you miss the press relase last year that announced the ARLC wound be funding the Storm, not News Ltd? Now is the perfect time for new owners to take over the Storm with the $4.5mill a year extra they are getting.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Next week the Storm will have a new tackle style to irritate everyone.

the Storm defender, after having grassed a player, will place his bottom in the very near proximity of tackled players head and fart.

This will be called the Dutch Oven tackle.

There will hordes of fans coming on here complaining the direct health effects of having methane inhaled in such doses and how it could kill someone.

Its contact sport, Storm players aren't going out trying to injure anyone or to end careers, only f**kwits will convince themself of this.

Storm are also not the only team using certain techniques to help slow down the play the ball.

Don't let that get in the way of your magnificent story.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
don't talk to me like that Earl, or you'll find yourself on the receiving end of a dutch oven tackle!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pretty sure Dutch ovens are stage 1 of the transformation from human to Souffs fan.

firechild

First Grade
Pretty sure Dutch ovens are stage 1 of the transformation from human to Souffs fan.

That was a widely spread myth. Truth is you can only transform into something with the same number of chromosomes. 50uffs fans have a few extras.

Cliffhanger

Coach
More grubbiness from Bellamy and the storm. In a gang tackle, huddle around the players head and shoulders so joint manipulations and locks can't be seen by the refs and video refs. Watch closely and see how many times players come out of one of these huddle tackles spitting chips. One day they're gonna break somebody's neck. Wait a minute, didn't they already break David Williams ' neck.

Morons like you are the reason I would be happy to see the Storm win the premiership this year.

Canard

Immortal
Melbourne Storm's got some massive problems coming down the pike but you won't read about it in the Telecrap. Or hear it from knucklehead Hadley. But it's in today's AFR and it is to do with splitting News Ltd worldwide. Apparently the Storm are going to end up in the "Australian" section which does NOT include the moneymaking Entertainment divisions but does include the massively unprofitable newspapers. Melbourne's CEO, a Mr Ron Gauci, has been given specific instructions to seek out possible buyers as News are a little bit tired of paying $2M to $4M per season (AFR's figures) and the accumulated losses are unsustainable, particularly in a new - listed - company that already has huge loss making operations and is undergoing extensive "efficencies".

Bit out of date there mate.