What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do we rest players?

Rest players final round?

• Yes

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
This situation every year takes me back to the late great Kobe Bryant

'What about the fans that saved up to watch me play just once?’

Those who pre purchased to the Storm v Broncos game should be getting half their ticket price back

SpaceMonkey

Immortal

Those who pre purchased to the Storm v Broncos game should be getting half their ticket price back
Nah. You’re there to see your team attempt to win a premiership. Usually that means the best players playing to win, but occasionally it’s in the team’s interest to rest them. The team comes before the individuals. Fans should get that.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Nah. You’re there to see your team attempt to win a premiership. Usually that means the best players playing to win, but occasionally it’s in the team’s interest to rest them. The team comes before the individuals. Fans should get that.
yep, just if you agree it’s the right path, I’m not convinced it is the right path for the club. Have seen it work in the past, and have seen it fail in the past as well

Combination wise, opportunity missed to integrate TMM back into the side before the finals and get some combination back before the big games, and the side hasn’t responded well after byes throughout the year. Getting the wins, but form hasn’t been red hot either throughout the last month or so, and it’s a side that doesn’t have a lot of finals experience in it. cohesion and experience wise, I can see why the Panthers and Storm may do it, Broncos I thought would have been better keeping momentum up, and I’d be interested to know what has changed there, because 5 weeks ago Walters agreed and said he wouldn’t rest anyone as he wanted to keep them flying all the way through

It’s probably all a moot point anyway, as we will never get the answer on it, as whichever way they go, I don’t see them beating either side in week 1

Feel a bit for the NSW Cup side, but don’t think their game is an elimination game which is good

Izz

Bench
I’d be interested to know what has changed there, because 5 weeks ago Walters agreed and said he wouldn’t rest anyone as he wanted to keep them flying all the way through
Have heard Gus Gould say a couple times that he thinks the Luai injury has put a scare through all the top teams, so maybe that's a reason. Or maybe Walters is worried that some of his hotheads will do a JWH and end up suspended until the middle of next season...

sup42

Juniors
Mass panic among the top four after all the key players injured or suspended last week is probably the issue here, the Warriors themselves having Tohu Harris go down with a back injury.

I was of the opinion that we should play through, but now Webster has made the call I always defer to what he thinks, after all he knows a heck of a lot more than I do how the team is rolling.

The antidote for being flat after a rest week is the adrenaline of a finals appearance, I think mentally they will be ready, the issue will be that lung burn when you have not kept the rhythm of the training then game cycle on a week by week pattern that your body is used tol.

Penrith are going all in because they have to. They need to try to adjust for the lack of Luai regarding their combinations.

sup42

Juniors
Combination wise, opportunity missed to integrate TMM back into the side before the finals and get some combination back before the big games.

I see Webster has tried to mitigate the combinations issue somewhat by naming the entire intact left edge for TMM.

Clearly it is not the same as having SJ and CNK plus Egan, even Tohu to bed TMM in.

No prizes for guessing that they will run thousands of drills with the first pick spine before we play likely Penrith.

This is where it is better to have an experienced NRL half coming in from injury than say were it reversed and Metcalf was coming in for TMM.

Last edited:

Would say its an away game lucky.
But we might have a few fans there after last year.

Have heard Gus Gould say a couple times that he thinks the Luai injury has put a scare through all the top teams, so maybe that's a reason. Or maybe Walters is worried that some of his hotheads will do a JWH and end up suspended until the middle of next season...
Agree, Kaufusi seeing red and taking off CNK, or Egan's head off, they out for a couple of games with concussion and he gets 4 weeks.
Wallace has a high shot in him too.
Not worth it.

I'm sure they are not sitting around doing nothing, other than maybe Harris for his back. Just no full contact. More physio time.

Last edited:

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I see Webster has tried to mitigate the combinations issue somewhat by naming the entire intact left edge for TMM.

Clearly it is not the same as having SJ and CNK plus Egan, even Tohu to bed TMM in.

No prizes for guessing that they will run thousands of drills with the first pick spine before we play likely Penrith.

This is where it is better to have an experienced NRL half coming in from injury than say were it reversed and Metcalf was coming in for TMM.
Geez I love this level of analysis. I wish we got this from our panel shows, of guys who have played 100s of NRL games but can offer no more than UP THE WAHS, OH I'M BUZZING (from a particular guy who played 300 effing games, no less).

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I also think is there benefit in giving the backups a run.

Egan and Harris I am happy with, if others have niggles, you have earnt the right to rest players, use it.

Pennies are chasing trophies, good luck to them. Brisbane obviously only care about the premiership. Storm well I am not questioning bellyache.

nswarrior

Juniors
Mass panic among the top four after all the key players injured or suspended last week is probably the issue here, the Warriors themselves having Tohu Harris go down with a back injury.

I was of the opinion that we should play through, but now Webster has made the call I always defer to what he thinks, after all he knows a heck of a lot more than I do how the team is rolling.

The antidote for being flat after a rest week is the adrenaline of a finals appearance, I think mentally they will be ready, the issue will be that lung burn when you have not kept the rhythm of the training then game cycle on a week by week pattern that your body is used tol.

Penrith are going all in because they have to. They need to try to adjust for the lack of Luai regarding their combinations.
Webby is that you?