What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

• I want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 60 17.2%
  • I don't want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 113 32.4%
  • I couldn't care less if he returns or not.

Votes: 176 50.4%

• Total voters

Pommy

Coach
Why would I do that , that is not what Folau did .

I have openly stated to gay colleagues at work that I believe Israel has the right to say what he did and not lose his contract . Funnily enough most agreed with me and joked about not caring about some gay hating sky fairy and that hell sounded like more fun anyway .

What is the difference between that and what he did?

Yeah all the gays at my work said they 100% want him stoned to death.

BM1979

Juniors
What is the difference between that and what he did?

Yeah all the gays at my work said they 100% want him stoned to death.

Stoned to death , Funnily enough that would happen to them in some Islamic countries purely for being gay.

We get more outraged over Instagram posts though condemning people to imaginery places by imaginery gods .

jaseg

Juniors
Not everyone is religious or practises their faith from birth, people find God(Jesus, Allah, Buddah , Harrison Ford, etc etc ) at different times throughout their life just like some gay people get married and have kids before they realise they are gay.

You can be offended but who cares, what happens after you are offended .

It's funny considering this thread people will mock FOLAU's beliefs and talk about his fantasy world BS but would then turn around and call someone a Transphobe that does not believe in that fantasy world BS .

Are you trying to say that all of the things I mentioned happened at a previous time, and he doesn't currently do any of them?

Tattoos can be removed (no sign of that happening, and this conversion clearly isn't a recent development), and he clearly still cuts his hair in a way that is forbidden in the bible. Again - that's just the stuff that is very easily seen. Who knows what else he might be doing against the word of his holy text? If he's willing to break some rules...

And that's not mockery of a religion - quite the opposite, I'm taking that religion quite seriously in this particular regard - it's pointing out that he is picking and choosing what he likes out of an entire text. Doesn't scream out commitment to me.

Nah it’s really not that simple , hence Rugby Australia already trying to settle with Folau. If they were that confident in their decision they wouldn’t be offering him a cent

They offered the settlement because it's worth it to get him out the door and out of the headlines - a court case (as this would become on appeal) can be dragged out for a long time. Either you lack basic knowledge of legal process, or you are being willfully ignorant on this point.

He signed a playing contract. That contract means he needs to abide by the code of conduct with regards to players. This is not an uncommon practice for workplaces, particularly ones with public facing roles. It's entirely legal. That code, among other things, outlines stuff like:
"Treat everyone equally, fairly and with dignity regardless of gender or gender identity, sexual orientation"
"or otherwise make any public comment that would likely be detrimental to the best interests, image and welfare of the Game, a team, a club, a competition or Union."
and
"Use Social Media appropriately. By all means share your positive experiences of Rugby but do not use Social Media as a means to breach any of the expectations and requirements of you as a player contained in this Code or in any Union, club or competition rules and regulations."

Worst of all (for his prospects), he's already had a warning for the same thing.

BM1979

Juniors
Are you trying to say that all of the things I mentioned happened at a previous time, and he doesn't currently do any of them?

Tattoos can be removed (no sign of that happening, and this conversion clearly isn't a recent development), and he clearly still cuts his hair in a way that is forbidden in the bible. Again - that's just the stuff that is very easily seen. Who knows what else he might be doing against the word of his holy text? If he's willing to break some rules...

And that's not mockery of a religion - quite the opposite, I'm taking that religion quite seriously in this particular regard - it's pointing out that he is picking and choosing what he likes out of an entire text. Doesn't scream out commitment to me.

They offered the settlement because it's worth it to get him out the door and out of the headlines - a court case (as this would become on appeal) can be dragged out for a long time. Either you lack basic knowledge of legal process, or you are being willfully ignorant on this point.

He signed a playing contract. That contract means he needs to abide by the code of conduct with regards to players. This is not an uncommon practice for workplaces, particularly ones with public facing roles. It's entirely legal. That code, among other things, outlines stuff like:
"Treat everyone equally, fairly and with dignity regardless of gender or gender identity, sexual orientation"
"or otherwise make any public comment that would likely be detrimental to the best interests, image and welfare of the Game, a team, a club, a competition or Union."
and
"Use Social Media appropriately. By all means share your positive experiences of Rugby but do not use Social Media as a means to breach any of the expectations and requirements of you as a player contained in this Code or in any Union, club or competition rules and regulations."

Worst of all (for his prospects), he's already had a warning for the same thing.

Everyone picks and chooses their beliefs including me and you . He is a hyopcrite and religion is evil IMHO but everyone still has the right to follow it as they please.

In regards to the rest of your post it is nowhere near as black and white as you think.

https://pursuit.unimelb.edu.au/articles/rugby-australia-vs-israel-folau

T-Boon

Coach
Seriously is this threads continued existence proof that the NRL forum is dead? Somebody needs to come up with some thread ideas or else I will.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
^^^^

Folau hit with high-level breach as RA hearing concludes
Tom Decent

A three-person independent panel has found Waratahs and Wallabies star Israel Folau committed a high-level breach of Rugby Australia’s professional players’ code of conduct for his controversial social media post last month, leaving him open to being sacked from the game.

posted a photo on social media last month that said homosexuals, among other groups such as drunks and atheists, were destined for hell unless they repented.

It looked like both parties would have to come back for a fourth day of proceedings but that did not eventuate as Folau left ANZ Tower in the Sydney CBD just before 6pm without commenting.

RA will view this latest development as a major win but are well aware that, no matter what punishment is announced, Folau could still lodge an appeal.

The 30-year-old and his team have 72 hours after a verdict is handed down to request an appeal, which would have to be heard by an entirely new panel.

Early indications suggest that is what will happen but the length of the hearing and subsequent findings of a high-level breach could be a major blow for Folau’s team.

RA was always confident of a favourable outcome and clearly the panel agreed.

Earlier, Folau arrived for day three of his code of conduct hearing in slick fashion. The Audi was back, driving into an underground car park away from a number of television cameras waiting on Castlereagh Street.

Tuesday's proceedings were not expected to take the entire day but the same was said for Sunday before news filtered through that a third day was required for lawyers on both sides to argue their respective points of view.

Meanwhile, Melbourne Rebels playmaker Quade Cooper was quizzed about his former teammate’s fate on Tuesday before an announcement but played a straight bat to questions.

“You feel for anyone who is going through a difficult patch in their life but for us we have to focus on the Melbourne Rebels,” Cooper said.

Asked if he could see circumstances where Folau would be welcomed back by teammates who have spoken out against him, Cooper said: “I’m not too sure. That’s something you would need to speak to Bernard [Foley], Nick Phipps, Michael Hooper and those guys about that.”

Folau has been stood down from playing commitments and that is set to continue indefinitely, even if he has been training privately by himself.

The decision comes after Waratahs chairman Roger Davis told the Herald he wanted to see a resolution sooner rather than later.

“This is a no-win situation for the game and fans and I’d like to see it resolved as quickly as possible,” Davis said. “I think a settlement is a common sense approach … it would be smart.”

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Why would I do that , that is not what Folau did .

I have openly stated to gay colleagues at work that I believe Israel has the right to say what he did and not lose his contract . Funnily enough most agreed with me and joked about not caring about some gay hating sky fairy and that hell sounded like more fun anyway .
Your posts are increasingly reading like bullshit.

Pommy

Coach
Everyone picks and chooses their beliefs including me and you . He is a hyopcrite and religion is evil IMHO but everyone still has the right to follow it as they please.

In regards to the rest of your post it is nowhere near as black and white as you think.

He does totally have the right to follow his religion exactly as he pleases. Nobody is saying he can’t say the things he has said.
He just can’t say them whilst being an ambassador for the ARU and their sponsors.

jaseg

Juniors

Religion isn't a defence for discriminatory comments that break agreements he entered into via his contract.

He signed the contract, presumably in full knowledge of the requirements of the code of conduct (given his previous warning, before the last contract he signed). If he had an objection, he should have made it then.

Also, he has been found guilty.

Latest posts