What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Jamie Lyon at Parramatta?

Do you want Jamie Lyon back in the Blue and Gold?

• Yes

Votes: 57 52.3%
  • No

Votes: 29 26.6%
  • Depends on the circumstances of his return

Votes: 23 21.1%

• Total voters

stiffmeister

Bench
Suitman said:
I voted yes btw.

I've always thought that the power of forgiveness and the chance of atonement for an individual should be greater than that of hatred and loathing.

Suity

Suity, you speak wisely

stiffmeister

Bench
fish eel said:
I voted yes.

He is one of the best players in the world.

At some stage we all need to move on and get over what happened.

People make mistakes, they grow up and they change.

Fish, I'm pleasantly surprised

stiffmeister

Bench
He made a mistake get over it. If you did something crap & you want to make good, would not you want forgiveness?

Parra Guru

Coach
It's not as simple as 'get over it' for some of us Stiff.

I can understand why people want him back, but I don't. That's just my thoughts.

stiffmeister

Bench
Agreed, but while there is that opportunity for him to come back, lets not shut him out. he is a rare talent

Parra Guru

Coach
I don't really think the club would take my opinion into account, so if they re-sign him I'll just have to deal with it.

PB

Bench
Suitman said:
I voted yes btw.

I've always thought that the power of forgiveness and the chance of atonement for an individual should be greater than that of hatred and loathing.

Suity

I forgave Jana Pittman a week ago...look where that got me....

And personally, i think wanting to come back, isn't looking for forgivness, it's looking after himself still.

Putting your hand up and saying "i was a selfish little prat, who thought life revolved around me and didn't consider how my actions affected the lives of others", that may be grounds for forgivness, but in two/three years, i haven't heard him say that yet....

Suitman

Post Whore
PB said:
I forgave Jana Pittman a week ago...look where that got me....

And personally, i think wanting to come back, isn't looking for forgivness, it's looking after himself still.

Putting your hand up and saying "i was a selfish little prat, who thought life revolved around me and didn't consider how my actions affected the lives of others", that may be grounds for forgivness, but in two/three years, i haven't heard him say that yet....

I rest my case.

Suity

Stagger eel

Staff member
PB said:
quote]

put it this way, Lyon can probably write his own cheque at some clubs, but he can't at ours, the acid test is? is he willing to part with some money to try and pay back what he owes us?

we'll soon see.

fish eel

Immortal
PB said:
but in two/three years, i haven't heard him say that yet....

I think there is a lot of things we havent heard Jamie say.

Looking at the whole thing from a distance, a few people have said things like 'i'm sick of his excuses....first it was this...then it was this....now he wants this etc etc', but to be honest, we havent really heard that much at all from the horses mouth, so to speak. Its almost been a big game of chinese whispers for a couple of years.....

Kornstar

Coach
I voted no, not because i don't want him back, i just don't think we need him.

I know people make mistakes and if we were in need of a centre then i would say yes but i would hate to lose Inu, Delaney, Hayne, Farrar or D Williams because they went after Lyon.

I also think he is untested as a 5/8th, as someone said, if he was that good at 5/8th, St Helens would have him there now week in week out.

Suitman

Post Whore
Kornstar said:
I voted no, not because i don't want him back, i just don't think we need him.

I know people make mistakes and if we were in need of a centre then i would say yes but i would hate to lose Inu, Delaney, Hayne, Farrar or D Williams because they went after Lyon.

Who said we are going to lose them??

There will be other players leave who will free up plenty of money.

Suity

The Colonel

Immortal
Suitman said:
Who said we are going to lose them??

There will be other players leave who will free up plenty of money.

Suity

It isn't necessarily the money though Suity. It's the first grade opportunity. Lyon coming back is still young, as is Smith, Tahu and Delaney if they stay. It is inevitable that some of these kids will leave for their futures sake.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I think we will need to sacrifise some of these kids mentioned for Lyons signature, it's inevitable.