What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Double Headers

Bazzi

First Grade
With the double header at Suncorp coming up next week, I was wondering why they don't do one in Sydney.

Surely two big drawing games such as the Dogs/Eels and Dragons/Tigers could pull a crowd of 70-80k at ANZ.

Saturday night or Sunday arvo would probably work best for double headers.

And maybe get supporters from each team to sit in separate parts of the stadium, so you'd have four different colour schemes in each quarter of the stadium.

Valheru

Coach
Double headers should be done more often in Sydney.

Obviously Dogs/Rabbitohs/Eels could work something at Homebush but also the SFS should remain an option.

Easts and Wests should do it yearly at SFS and have 2 out of town/lower drawing teams.

juro

Bench
What is the ticket price for the double header in Brisbane? The same as normal for 1 game or more?

Pierced Soul

First Grade
with forward thinking like that bazzi you wont be allowed to have any input into running the game.

DIOGENES

Juniors
The last one in Sydney was 2008: Tigers/Manly/Dogs/Eels got 27K - they would have got more as 2 stand alone games.

Bretto

Bench
Double header at Brisbane is like $36 for a good ticket. It'll most likely be a sellout.

Packy

Bench
1st one was close to sell out. Numbers drop a little eaach year. I think it was 35k last year.

Bretto

Bench
That's surprising, only 35k. When I went to order my tickets there weren't many good seats left.

Here's hoping for 40k at least then.

With the double header at Suncorp coming up next week, I was wondering why they don't do one in Sydney.

Surely two big drawing games such as the Dogs/Eels and Dragons/Tigers could pull a crowd of 70-80k at ANZ.

Saturday night or Sunday arvo would probably work best for double headers.

And maybe get supporters from each team to sit in separate parts of the stadium, so you'd have four different colour schemes in each quarter of the stadium.

No chance no matter how much hype will this 2x header will get an Origin sized crowd though it can easily draw 40,000 or more. Like someone earlier said if both games were seperate they would each draw 30,000 plus fans. Meaning combined 60,000 fans rather than 40,000 for a DH.

some11

Referee
That's surprising, only 35k. When I went to order my tickets there weren't many good seats left.

Here's hoping for 40k at least then.

Last year it was a Manly home game so season ticket members had to buy a ticket, needless to say many members were pissed off about this since it was included in previous years as a Broncos home game.

I still went but a lot of members didn't want to buy a separate ticket to a Manly home game.

Last edited:

Bretto

Bench
Last year it was a Manly home game so season ticket members had to buy a ticket. Needless to say many members were pissed off about this and didn't go since it was included in previous years as a Broncos home game.

I'm pretty sure I was at that game last year. Didn't the Broncos lose and the Titans played the Bulldogs as the other game? Maybe I'm going a bit senile.