What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombie jesus

Staff member
The draft is kicking off at 10am AEST tomorrow.

This thread is for draft discussion, please keep it to talk about players drafted and not players who are up for auction or yet to be nominated.

Let's see who's the first to overpay for a homer pick and ridicule them mercilessly :lol:

A reminder of the rules
Roster: 34 players
Starting line-up: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE, 3 DE/DT, 3 LB, 3 CB/S
Development Squad: 2 NFL rookies on $1000 contracts (optional)
Minimum bid: $1000
Bid Increments: $500 up to $10,000, $1000 thereafter, any bid not complying with this will be deemed invalid and the last valid bid will stand.
Rostered players and active bids make up your salary during the draft.
Auctions end when the high bid hasn't changed for 24 hours.
When an auction ends, anyone can nominate the next player (first in best dressed).
Up to 20 players can be nominated at any one time.
Contract types and years will be sorted out after the completion of the draft.

zombie jesus

Staff member
The plan is for me to nominate the top 20 players first up to get us started.

If the draft does tick over and you find yourselves waiting you guys are free to start nominating.

I should be around but I will be at work so you never know, I might actually have something to do for a change.:lol:

kurt faulk

Coach

It's gonna be a little tricky this draft. 34 players, $200,000. Whatever we knew about auction drafts just got thrown out the window. Can't see anyone spending $60k on one player.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Top 20 players who will go up first tomorrow

Cam Newton
Antonio Brown
Julio Jones
Tom Brady
Russell Wilson
Blake Bortles
DeAndre Hopkins
Brandon Marshall
Odell Beckham
Carson Palmer
Devonta Freeman
Aaron Rodgers
Drew Brees
Allen Robinson
Kirk Cousins
JJ Watt
Eli Manning
Phillip Rivers
Matthew Stafford
Andy Dalton (replaces Ryan Fitzpatrick because he's not even contracted at the minute)

Looks like the QB market will be set early.

You can check out how 2014 and 2015 went on the league site
Top menu > Reports > Players > Top Performers/Player Stats

There's also projected stats there
Top menu > Reports > Players > Projected Stata

abpanther

Staff member

It's gonna be a little tricky this draft. 34 players, $200,000. Whatever we knew about auction drafts just got thrown out the window. Can't see anyone spending $60k on one player.

Yeah I agree it's gonna be very interesting, while a couple of us have played in similar leagues, nothing like this roster size and including IDPs.

Just remember though that if you did win a player for $60k you can choose to give them a bonus contract which means only 80% of their salary counts towards your cap ($48k)

Last edited:

abpanther

Staff member
Top 20 players who will go up first tomorrow

Cam Newton
Antonio Brown
Julio Jones
Tom Brady
Russell Wilson
Blake Bortles
DeAndre Hopkins
Brandon Marshall
Odell Beckham
Carson Palmer
Devonta Freeman
Aaron Rodgers
Drew Brees
Allen Robinson
Kirk Cousins
JJ Watt
Eli Manning
Phillip Rivers
Matthew Stafford
Andy Dalton (replaces Ryan Fitzpatrick because he's not even contracted at the minute)

Looks like the QB market will be set early.

You can check out how 2014 and 2015 went on the league site
Top menu > Reports > Players > Top Performers/Player Stats

There's also projected stats there
Top menu > Reports > Players > Projected Stata

Thanks ZJ

Yep will be interesting to see how owners attack the QB market

zombie jesus

Staff member
This is from the league site help section for when we get going

How do I Start an Auction or Nominate a Player?

Go to your For Owners > Auction Bid.

From the "Select a Player" pull down menu choose a player that you would like to begin bidding on. You can filter players on this available fantasy free agent list by using the "Show Only" pull-down box to obtain a subset of the list (by position or NFL team).

Enter an amount in which you would like bidding to start at.

Add additional comments to your bid if desired. These will appear in the email sent out to all owners and the commissioner if selected to receive Auction Bids.

Once the player is selected and bid amount made you MUST click on the Submit Auction Bid(s) in order to apply the bids.

All results will appear in the Reports > League > Auction Results.

Yeah I agree it's gonna be very interesting, while a couple of us have played in similar leagues, nothing like this roster size and including IDPs.

Just remember though that if you did win a player for $60k you can choose to give them a bonus contract which means only 80% of their salary counts towards your cap ($48k)

How will this work if we are not going to sort out contract lengths and types until after the draft 200K will be max we can spend in the initial draft? not 200+ because of bonuses?

zombie jesus

Staff member
How will this work if we are not going to sort out contract lengths and types until after the draft 200K will be max we can spend in the initial draft? not 200+ because of bonuses?

That's how it is set at the moment. I didn't consider the contract types. I'm going to look at it in the morning, might add some flexibility to it and bring the contract stuff forward.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Draft day! I've got some things to do this morning but I should be back in the office by 10 to kick things off.

zombie jesus

Staff member
I've upped the salary cap limit to $240,000 for the duration of the draft only.
This is to provide a buffer so people can still work up to the $200,000 cap and utilise bonus contracts.
It will revert back to $200,000 at the conclusion of the draft.

You still cannot have more than $200,000 worth of players signed to your roster, the buffer is only there so you can bid more easily and take advantage of the rules.

Please try to make sure you don't get in over your head and have to cut players, each player carries one year of guaranteed money for the remainder of the off season so if you cut them they will cost you.

and

Slight change to our process to make proper use of our salary cap and contracts set up.

When a player is won he will be added to your roster automatically by the site.
You then have 24 hours from the auction end time to post in this thread the contract type (bonus or straight).

Failure to post a contract type within 24 hours will see the player default to a straight contract.

It's up to each owner to be aware of what players they've won and the deadlines, no extensions will be granted.

The Contract Designation thread is here http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=456490#hDumcfsVkjAZtTQv.97

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts