What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons fans, lend me your knowledge

Frederick

Staff member
Danny Wicks. Thoughts?

He just signed with my mob for 2 years. He any good?

dragonfire

Bench
hmmm, there goes one promising player, lets see who will next be parting company with us. I thought Wicks was good, probably needs to get a bit fitter but in time should be good.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Aaaaah FFS

If Doust is murdered anytime soon, you'll know what team they support.

As somebody who has seen promising talents abandoning Newcastle like rats from a sinking ship in recent years, I can certainly feel your pain.

But I judge by your reaction that Smith has at least made an astute signing. This pleases me.

Frederick

Staff member
CWBush said:
As somebody who has seen promising talents abandoning Newcastle like rats from a sinking ship in recent years, I can certainly feel your pain.

But I judge by your reaction that Smith has at least made an astute signing. This pleases me.
Yeah, I please myself to Immy's pain too :)

...wait, that came out wrong...

drake

First Grade
He's a big fat f**k.

"oh we had to lose Bailey to keep some of our promising juniors"

Yeah, so other clubs could sign them after we blooded them.

The Preacher

First Grade
drake said:
He's a big fat f**k.

"oh we had to lose Bailey to keep some of our promising juniors"

Yeah, so other clubs could sign them after we blooded them.

Yes, it seems that our policy is to get our young juniors, develop them, turn them into first graders, and when they can earn enough at another club, we let them go to do damage to us in the future. :(

Mind you, this is on the proviso that Mary hasn't got too close to them, which will see them being injury prone for the rest of their career.

Godz Illa

Coach
I've been sitting on some Wicks info for a while, but now that he's jumping ship I figure there's no need to protect him...

Faked a back injury to get out of the Cowboys game, so he could be at a mates wedding. All scans and x-rays came up negative, Dragons staff started to get suspicious. Wicks turned his phone off, wouldn't return any calls. Copped a huge fine from Doust and Young on his return. From that point he needed to turn in some big performances to redeem himself in the eyes of the club and be re-signed, and hasn't done it. Truth is he is a bit of a sook.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Dearest Peter

tombstone.jpg

You're on notice.

Be afraid, be very afraid...

Drew-Sta