What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Head Of Recruitment

John moz

Juniors
Dragons have not been upfront with members and fans .
This season we sign a new coach but who is talking with players managers to sign players for our rebuild in 2025 .
N Brown
S Richardson
S Fulton
All mentioned but with no success.

Dragon David

First Grade
Dragons have not been upfront with members and fans .
This season we sign a new coach but who is talking with players managers to sign players for our rebuild in 2025 .
N Brown
S Richardson
S Fulton
All mentioned but with no success.
I have said it somewhere else that not only are we having problems signing some good players, we also have problems in employing a good Recruitment guy. No-one wants a gig at the Dragons. In saying this though, I do hope that Shane Millard is making progress with his recovery. Aaah, Mr Webb - can you please let us know how Mr Millard is and whether or not the club is hiring a replacement for him or is the club expecting Mr Millard to make a full recovery and then return to resume searching high and low for some quality players to be signed up by the club?

John moz

Juniors
I have said it somewhere else that not only are we having problems signing some good players, we also have problems in employing a good Recruitment guy. No-one wants a gig at the Dragons. In saying this though, I do hope that Shane Millard is making progress with his recovery. Aaah, Mr Webb - can you please let us know how Mr Millard is and whether or not the club is hiring a replacement for him or is the club expecting Mr Millard to make a full recovery and then return to resume searching high and low for some quality players to be signed up by the club?

Dragon David

First Grade
What is the issue with Millard ?
Not sure JM. Just reading the forum that people are saying that he has been/is ill but nothing official has been stated by the club so I am in the dark on what is wrong with Millard if it is in fact an illness that might be a serious one or not. That is why we need the club to spell it out so that we know who is doing what at the club. If Flanno is doing the recruiting, he might not have sufficient time to really do much homework on identifying who they target and then when to talk to the managers. It could be a combination of a few guys helping out with this task.

TheRev

First Grade
I think we need a bunch of Kyle Stanleys in the orgnisation.

Something Gus was talking about this week with the dogs rebuild, that he is really happy because all the right people are in all the right positions... from board of directors, all the way down... he doesnt need to do anything.

Obviously a long way to go for us, and shaking up the entire dragons organisation should be nothing to do with Flanno's job who is looking after the football.. but the longer hes here the more he will probably influence some of those other changes.. but this is really the GM role (or potentially CEO).. whoever succeeds Benny Haran.

I think we need a bunch of Kyle Stanleys in the orgnisation.

Something Gus was talking about this week with the dogs rebuild, that he is really happy because all the right people are in all the right positions... from board of directors, all the way down... he doesnt need to do anything.

Obviously a long way to go for us, and shaking up the entire dragons organisation should be nothing to do with Flanno's job who is looking after the football.. but the longer hes here the more he will probably influence some of those other changes.. but this is really the GM role (or potentially CEO).. whoever succeeds Benny Haran.
Gould is given carte blanche at Dogs, and was at Penrith. We need a similar head of football role with similar power. It must not be left to the coach. Coaches make decisions to win the next game. They are natuarlly myopic. The head of football does things today that make the club better in 5-10-20 years.

It's unfair to judge Haran for the state the club is in as he has a very limited role.

denis preston

First Grade
Gould is given carte blanche at Dogs, and was at Penrith. We need a similar head of football role with similar power. It must not be left to the coach. Coaches make decisions to win the next game. They are natuarlly myopic. The head of football does things today that make the club better in 5-10-20 years.

It's unfair to judge Haran for the state the club is in as he has a very limited role.
What, as head of football?