What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DRAGONS JUNIORS THREAD

Lindsay Moss

Juniors
Have seen this before. Our scouts 'done good' bringing this kid down from Qld. How about the ball skills with that deft inside pass for the Aussie Schoolboys last try. His defense is as good as his attack too, thumping round hips tackles.
WOW what a monster buy his parents a house now surely outside the cap.

Lindsay Moss

Juniors
Looks like a bash em up forward right into the teeth, spin and keep going... but other times he puts on footwork, passing, even a flick pass.. good potential.. be interesting to see what position he ends up playing..

I think we will have a challenge on our hands keeping all the young ones finally filtering up the grades, we're gonna have to make some calls.. but that's the nature of the beast.. atleast we get to choose which.. just need a decent first grade squad to encourage them to want to be patient and wait.
Why can't we keep all the good ones just have to identify them early keep them happy move the old boys on when the time is right.

TheRev

First Grade
Why can't we keep all the good ones just have to identify them early keep them happy move the old boys on when the time is right.
Some positions its fine (like what young hooker do we have?), but others are stacked, young 2nd rowers for example, I reckon just off the top of my head (and other than Su'a & Luki if we get him), there are potentially 2 Couchmans, NickyT, Egan, Shereb, Watchirs not sure what will happen with Hutchinson & we lost Walsh last year.. but are just the ones I know about from 2023.. you can only invest in a few.. there will be kids behind them also. Fans lose their minds when promising kids go, but we have to make decisions.

The other side is you need kids to be patient and take unders while they are serving their apprenticeship.. if every kid with potential wants to test the market.. you cant retain em.. we had that trouble with Sullivan/Amone/Sloane, they were all 350-500k type wages as teenagers.. with guaranteed 1st grade time built into contracts for Sullivan.. it was too much too early in their development (they should have been in nsw cup learning their trade). But if we wanted to keep them.. we had to fend off the vultures... but the really successful clubs dont suffer this fate.. those kids are far more likely to be patient, with confidence in the system, the coach and their longterm futures.

Rod Coil

Juniors
Yep I'd imagine we'll do the exact same thing with Loko, Latu, possibly even King-Togia. St George has a good side for SG with Halangahu there too. For Steelers I'd imagine Buchanan will start in SG, probably Kade Reed too. From what I can tell, the Steelers side will go alright too, but for the first time in a while St George probably has the better team.
I’ll believe it when I see it, but it would be refreshing if you’re right.

BLM01

First Grade
Oh nice, I had a friend report to me about the Steelers game as he went and watched while I was watching St George
But you said you were not impressed how the Steelers played winning 5-4?..but you watched St George
Or was it your friend who was not impressed?. not sure where you got the score from sounds like a soccer result.

randomdragon

Juniors
But you said you were not impressed how the Steelers played winning 5-4?..but you watched St George
Or was it your friend who was not impressed?. not sure where you got the score from sounds like a soccer result.
Sorry for the confusing report it was a copy and paste off what a mate sent to me. I’ll clarify in the future