What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Sign Michael WITT

Steelman

Juniors
In More breaking news Doust is also about to sign Michael Witts brothers....

Half Witt and F--k Witt ..........

RedVDave

First Grade
Not mongrel but certaintly a depth signing and a reasonably good one at that can never have to much back up ...just don't let him do dropouts for us.

tumbidragon

First Grade
It doesnt take much... some may say, but i have flabbergasted...

Another half / utility ?

What role could he possibly have ? Hooker... too many options.
Halves... we bought them like it was black Friday.

Fullback? Hellooooooo...

Tumbi, can you shed some light on this bermuda signing???
Mnigh ???? anyone.
FMD
Can't really agree here Tru. With both King and Cook gone, we are really lacking depth in regards to 9 :( Rein and Garvey are our only real options, but Rein really struggles to put a good 80 together and Garvey is yet to really prove himself in 1st grade. If either go down we are left with 1 of the 2 potentially needing to play the full 80... Not really an option I'd like to see at this point tbh.

In regards to shedding light on the signing, your guess is as good as mine... I know very little about him, and all that is, is that he can play halves or outside back (not a standout in either it seems) Surely he'd be on a pittance and if he can indeed play 9, then I'm comfortable with his signing as depth :)

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
Can't really agree here Tru. With both King and Cook gone, we are really lacking depth in regards to 9 :( Rein and Garvey are our only real options, but Rein really struggles to put a good 80 together and Garvey is yet to really prove himself in 1st grade. If either go down we are left with 1 of the 2 potentially needing to play the full 80... Not really an option I'd like to see at this point tbh.

In regards to shedding light on the signing, your guess is as good as mine... I know very little about him, and all that is, is that he can play halves or outside back (not a standout in either it seems) Surely he'd be on a pittance and if he can indeed play 9, then I'm comfortable with his signing as depth :)

Fair enough, so u see him as a 9, as i cant se him cracking a halves spot ahead of the bunch we have.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Fair enough, so u see him as a 9, as i cant se him cracking a halves spot ahead of the bunch we have.
I honestly don't know if he can play 9 Tru. I'm sure Wittyfan should be gushing in here soon and will let us know if he's ever played hooker :lol:. Agreed he is well down the pecking order in the halves. And as far as I'm concerned, we have plenty of depth in all positions he can play (halves, outside backs).

TruSaint

Referee
I honestly don't know if he can play 9 Tru. I'm sure Wittyfan should be gushing in here soon and will let us know if he's ever played hooker :lol:. Agreed he is well down the pecking order in the halves. And as far as I'm concerned, we have plenty of depth in all positions he can play (halves, outside backs).

Not a bad problem to have in the halves / centres matey.
Cheers, hope your well.

:)

wittyfan

Referee
Witty played a little bit of hooker while at the London Broncos.

And the Dragons would have to be odds on for the 8 now with his signing!

mickeylane

Bench
Michael Witt will play SOO!!

Seriously Price couldn't recruit to save himself!! I mean this is a bullshit signing.. I guess the thinking is the new "Fien"

Outlaw Pete

Juniors
Has Harry S not been resigned ?
What top grade halves are available ? Our halves are very young and one Stanley very injury prone.
As a a back up surely ok.

natheel

Coach
He could be a handy signing if Williams doesn't fire. Witt is a gun goal kicker and has a decent running game so beside Widdop could actually turn out ok

jenninga

First Grade
He could be a handy signing if Williams doesn't fire. Witt is a gun goal kicker and has a decent running game so beside Widdop could actually turn out ok

I have to agree here,it is a strange signing,but he is still just turning 30 and is a goalkicker.It's not as if we signed a Ben Roberts.
But next time Doust says recruiting hasn't finished,i will accept it as good and done.

jenninga

First Grade
Fullback for the Cutters to start with. I think a good depth player.

Are there any players who should play for the Dragons,because according to possm the Cutters would have a big squad to choose from before 1st grade.

Latest posts