What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons vs Hull

Old Timer

Coach
If every player named gets game time how will anyone work anything out as they won’t be on the paddock for very long?
A few positions need sorting and serious game time is required for all the candidates to show their wares.
I seriously hope they use the trial sensibly otherwise it will mean Mc Fookknuckle has already picked his Rd 1 team and this is merely window dressing.
Host, Leilua, Lomax should all see 30 minutes minimum and if they don’t I for 1 will be totally pissed off.

Last edited:

Overseas dragon

Juniors
If every player named gets game time how will anyone work anything out as they won’t be on the paddock for very long?
A few positions need sorting and serious game time is required for all the candidates to show their wares.
I seriously hope they use the trial sensibly otherwise it will mean Mc Fookknuckle has already picked his Rd 1 team and this is merely window dressing.
Host, Leilua, Lomax should all see 30 minutes minimum and if they don’t we I for 1 will be totally kissed off.[/QUO
Host, Leilua, Lomax should all see 30 minutes minimum and if they don’t we I for 1 will be totally kissed off.
Approx 15players play 50 minutes and 9 Players play 40 minutes but we shall see over to you Mary no 5 minute players....

Last edited:

jak

Bench
All good, Crush.
Yes, it’s in my DNA to post on the ‘Sack McGregor’ thread but in saying that, l’m trying to be as positive as one can, keeping in mine, we do have a great team, not to mention it’s the start of a new season.
C’om you Saints!
sounding like you found that hobby

BennyV

Referee
Host, Leilua, Lomax should all see 30 minutes minimum and if they don’t I for 1 will be totally pissed off.
Very simple...some players will get 10 minutes and that will be enough for this forum to judge them as plodders who should never see first grade. Others will get 30+ and this forum will judge that its not long enough to make a call on their playing ability. And so on.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
This should be our run on side:

1. Dufty
2. Lomax
3. Aitken
4. Lafai
5. Nightingale
6. Widdop
7. Hunt
8. Vaughan
9. McInnes
10. Graham
11. Sims
12. Leilua
13. Sele

giboz71

First Grade
Interesting Herbert is playing ISP, yet Lomax and Garrick made the first grade squad.

I would have thought Herbertt was higher up on the pecking order, unless Lomax really is a freak who has proven in pre season he can make the jump to FG now.

grouch

First Grade
I'm gonna go there:

It would be a good thing for the club if we lose this. There's no points on offer so who the hell cares. To lose to an injury-riddled English superleague team who've travelled across the globe from an English winter to play on a hot Sydney summer afternoon, would be a great step towards sacking McGregor. We need that more than a trial win.

I went there.

BennyV

Referee
I'm gonna go there:

It would be a good thing for the club if we lose this. There's no points on offer so who the hell cares. To lose to an injury-riddled English superleague team who've travelled across the globe from an English winter to play on a hot Sydney summer afternoon, would be a great step towards sacking McGregor. We need that more than a trial win.

I went there.
Not a troo fan

BennyV

Referee
Interesting Herbert is playing ISP, yet Lomax and Garrick made the first grade squad.

I would have thought Herbertt was higher up on the pecking order, unless Lomax really is a freak who has proven in pre season he can make the jump to FG now.
It’s interesting - based on last year, Herbert was above Garrick in the order (playing out the year in ISP while Garrick bounced back and forth to NYC). I can see Lomax jumping to cue but either Garrick has stepped it up or Herbert has dropped off over the off season.

giboz71

First Grade
It’s interesting - based on last year, Herbert was above Garrick in the order (playing out the year in ISP while Garrick bounced back and forth to NYC). I can see Lomax jumping to cue but either Garrick has stepped it up or Herbert has dropped off over the off season.

Well if Lomax has jumped him in the queue, that’s at least 4 centres ahead of him when you consider Lafai, Aitken, Mann and now Lomax.

I’m guessing Garrick made the squad as we hope he’ll play wing perhaps for Nighty later in the year.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Yes definitely Garrick and Lomax in the backline would be a massive improvement over the current plodders ..........
1 DUFTY
2 Garrick
3 Lomax
4 Lafai
5 McDonald/ Field /Mann ......speed speed and more speed but won't happen overnight but a guy can dream

Last edited:

Seoul Dragon

Juniors
I think that's McGregors biggest detriment was refusing to try something different when plan A wasn't working. He's a little too conservative for my liking.

We've got a great bunch of juniors coming through and I'm hoping they get plenty of minutes in the trials to show their worth...but then again with McGregor in charge, he's probably already got the team sheet printed for the first 5 rounds...

Think your being kind referring to a Plan A as it infers there is a Plan B ....C etc etc where all we have seen in recent years is one dimensional stuff rolled out after opposition teams work us out or injuries occur.

Agree re the junior talent ....lets hope the transition process steps up and maximises the opportunities. Will need to take some calculated risks and some will work, some won't, but how else will we know?

Latest posts