What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dureau = God of Hell

roopy

Referee
Had to laugh at some of the phrases in this when I used windows translator to 'read' a french report on Catalans win over Hull KR.

In the first period Dureau made both winning domestic discounts. Mounis and its are in the combines for equalization.
Back to the break at 12-12, the Catalans are right despite some wasted ammunition. "Players have reframed the things themselves, after 20 minutes too want to play they have applied the game plan, everyone did the job, and it is passed", analysis Trent Robinson before a second period where the "blood and gold" is played in the "malignant". Before, each gaining ground. Baitieri marks points by his passion and his involvement. "Large" become the masters of the scene. Dureau and Henderson uncomfortable to the premises. Menzies also and Blanch corner embodies a large attack wide. A pure realization of winger for Wakefield former which peels to test. The game at the foot of Dureau is perfect. Hull is ever taken in his hit.

Dureau, this brain

But the victory is not yet acquired as Briscoe, in support of Green, crosses the white line for the last time in the afternoon. Menzies then takes his staff of field marshal. He encourages his own. The Dragons remain in the party and insist. Dureau slams a candle Raguin, opportunistic, converts by a well-deserved achievement.
This same Dureau, God of hell, issuing a pass at the foot for Menzies. The Australian trials before the Lord Hunter unblocks his counter. Blanch, end of match, sealed the first success of the season. A victory that President Bernard Guasch expected: "This will please the fans." In defence, it was a very big game. "It is excellent before Saint-Helens." Saturday, the Saints will be Brutus (18 h 30) and to rub in Dragons in the mental found

For the record, Scotty set up 3 of the 5 tries scored by Catalans, two from kicks and one from a short pass. It was a very unexpected away win for the Dragons - and great to see Trent get his first superleague win as a coach.

roopy

Referee
I like the team Trent is putting together.
Menzies and Henderson are two real leaders.
Catalans has always had a very rugged pack of forwards made up of mainly French guys, and with a backline of Blanch, Sa, Greenshields, Farrar and with Scotty and Bosc in the halves I think they can really go well. Millard is also a good pickup.

Henderson is probably the key. They were without Henderson, Bosc and Greenshields for the first two games and went terrible, but with Henderson in this week they sprung a big upset, and still have their two stars from last year, Bosc and Greenshields, to return from injury.

The were pretty much favourites for the wooden spoon - probably still are - but I think Trent will surprize a lot of teams from now on.

The NRL should be looking to encoursge the ESL to push the game harder into France because if the French took league more seriously they would be a huge threat in about a decade's time as they are fine athletes in general. South Africa is the other nation that should be seeing league on a larger scale as they could take to it like a duck to water if given the chance.

aqua_duck

Coach
South Africa will take along time. I got a friend who's south African and she told in SA, all Afrikaaner kids are brought up on rugby and cricket basically from birth, it's kind of a cultural thing. I mean you can teach a Sth African kid to play league but they'll always choose union 1st everytime because it's almost part of their DNA

roopy

Referee
The problem Catalans has is keeping backline players.
Their backline 'star' of recent years, Dimitri Pelo, is a guy of French polynesian heritage who learnt to play in Sydney and played a bit of firstgrade for Cronulla I think before moving to France, but now he has been poached by french RU like all the promising french league backs.

It might be because it's 5.30am and I've already been up for an hour and a bit with my two week old son, but I also laughed when I read that report.

I am particularly looking forward to seeing how St Helens "rub (Catalan) into the mental found", or even learning what that means. Sounds a bit painful.

roopy

Referee
In the first period Dureau made both winning domestic discounts. Mounis and its are in the combines for equalization.
Somehow, that means Dureau missed his first two kicks at goal.

Back to the break at 12-12, the Catalans are right despite some wasted ammunition. "Players have reframed the things themselves, after 20 minutes too want to play they have applied the game plan, everyone did the job, and it is passed", analysis Trent Robinson before a second period where the "blood and gold" is played in the "malignant".
It was 12-12 at halftime. Robinson said they settled after going 12 nil down and got back to the gameplan.

Before, each gaining ground. Baitieri marks points by his passion and his involvement. "Large" become the masters of the scene.
Jason Baitieri is enthusiastic. The forward are going well.

Dureau and Henderson uncomfortable to the premises. Menzies also and Blanch corner embodies a large attack wide.
Dureau and Henderson have the crowd quiet, and Menzies and Blanch are running wide.

A pure realization of winger for Wakefield former which peels to test. The game at the foot of Dureau is perfect. Hull is ever taken in his hit.
Blanch, the new recruit from Wakefield, is a real winger, and Dureau's kicking game is perfect.

But the victory is not yet acquired as Briscoe, in support of Green, crosses the white line for the last time in the afternoon.
Hull went up 18-12 after halftime.

Menzies then takes his staff of field marshal. He encourages his own. The Dragons remain in the party and insist.
Menzies took control and the Dragons got back in the game.

Dureau slams a candle Raguin, opportunistic, converts by a well-deserved achievement.
Dureau puts Raguin over with a short inside pass and kicks the goal to make it 18 all.

This same Dureau, God of hell, issuing a pass at the foot for Menzies. The Australian trials before the Lord Hunter unblocks his counter.
Dureau kicks to the in-goal and Menzies wins the race to score.

Blanch, end of match, sealed the first success of the season. A victory that President Bernard Guasch expected: "This will please the fans." In defence, it was a very big game.
Blanch sealed the win with a late try. The French RL president was happy with the win and the defence.

"It is excellent before Saint-Helens." Saturday, the Saints will be Brutus (18 h 30) and to rub in Dragons in the mental found
It was a good win before the home game against Saint Helens next week. The boys will be confident.

Coastbloke

Bench
Scott belongs in SL, the 50-36 type scorelines are perfect for scottys game

What a total load of insular rubbish..

You'd be one of those with blinkers on refusing to believe League is played outside of NSW and QLD..There's something to be said about my so called lack of League knowledge and comments like the one above..

We don't have blow outs here in the NRL do we..Nah..What was that Grand Final score a few years back 40 something Nil..??

The ESL is a great competition with world class players, matches and comps..The Challenge Cup is the most sought after League trophy in the world ignoramus..

KempoKnight

Juniors
What a total load of insular rubbish..

You'd be one of those with blinkers on refusing to believe League is played outside of NSW and QLD..There's something to be said about my so called lack of League knowledge and comments like the one above..

We don't have blow outs here in the NRL do we..Nah..What was that Grand Final score a few years back 40 something Nil..??

The ESL is a great competition with world class players, matches and comps..The Challenge Cup is the most sought after League trophy in the world ignoramus..

Wow your a complete and utter wanker mate. First of all screw the challenge cup. "The most sought after league trophy in the world" is a load of crap, do you honestly think the dragons players who played in both the GF and Challenge cup win give a sh*t about the Challenge cup when they have the NRL Premiership trophy, the Trophy for winning the toughest rugby league competition in the world sitting in the cabinet?.

Also once again you completely missed Aqua ducks point, or atleast chose to misinterprit it. The Esl is more orientated on attack and less so defence hence why Aqua said it was more suited to his game. Never did anyone once say that there are no blow out games in league.

You offer this forum nothing.
Piss off.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Wow your a complete and utter wanker mate. First of all screw the challenge cup. "The most sought after league trophy in the world" is a load of crap, do you honestly think the dragons players who played in both the GF and Challenge cup win give a sh*t about the Challenge cup when they have the NRL Premiership trophy, the Trophy for winning the toughest rugby league competition in the world sitting in the cabinet?.

Also once again you completely missed Aqua ducks point, or atleast chose to misinterprit it. The Esl is more orientated on attack and less so defence hence why Aqua said it was more suited to his game. Never did anyone once say that there are no blow out games in league.

You offer this forum nothing.
Piss off.

While your defense of Aquaduck is absolutely commendable Kempoknight and I find myself clapping at my desk, it is probably best to avoid dignifying this troll with a response. The troll won't change his crap because he doesn't listen to reason and (I think) enjoys provoking a response.

The sooner we ignore the troll the sooner he goes away. Simple.

Coastbloke

Bench

Firstly, are you Aquas big bwuvver...??

Now, I hate to tell you this, but the SGI Dragons didn't play in the Challenge Cup..They played in the World Club Challenge..

If you knew what you were talking about instead of tripping over to defend little bwuvver Aqua then you would have understood..

The Challenge Cup is an over 110 year old Rugby League knock out competition that has involved clubs from England , France, Wales, Ireland, Scotland and Russia over the years and is rugby league most prestigous trophy in which the final is usually played at Wembley in front of around 80-90,000 fans, so get your facts straight.. :lol:

roopy

Referee
Catalans is a very good club for Scotty.
Robinson allowed him to play his own game in the premier league in 2008 and they had very good results together.
The French love to play an instinctive and free flowing style of footy, which is the style Scotty and Trent used to really good effect when they took our PL side from wooden spoon contenders to top of the table. It's also the type of game players like Farrar, Greenshields and Bosc love to play, not to mention Menzies.
I don't know if they will win a lot, but they will play some exciting footy. Scotty will be able to pull out some unexpected plays without worrying about the coach having a fit.

KempoKnight

Juniors
Firstly, are you Aquas big bwuvver...??

Now, I hate to tell you this, but the SGI Dragons didn't play in the Challenge Cup..They played in the World Club Challenge..

If you knew what you were talking about instead of tripping over to defend little bwuvver Aqua then you would have understood..

The Challenge Cup is an over 110 year old Rugby League knock out competition that has involved clubs from England , France, Wales, Ireland, Scotland and Russia over the years and is rugby league most prestigous trophy in which the final is usually played at Wembley in front of around 80-90,000 fans, so get your facts straight.. :lol:

Sorry my mistake got the the two mixed up Im fine admiting that. So allow me to once again so who gives a sh*t about the challenge cup, noone in the NRL ( the best rugby league competition in the world) really does. I mean sh*t we dont even compete in it. So what relevence did it even have?

THE ESLs biggest flaw is that it is just happy to exist. It does not take on the other codes aggressively enough in the UK. That the game exists in the North of England predominantly mirrors our problem with the Eastern coast dominance of the game here. If England won the Four Nations by defeating us then I think it could change the game internationally for the better. The Challenge Cup should change to a knockout cup between Australian and english sides with the Final alternating between Wembley and an Australian premier venue such as the MCG or ANZ. The prestige could well outweigh the premierships in years to come to know you are the best team in the world. It has been floated that the top 4 sides in both leagues play it and I think it is something that needs further pushing.

Last edited:

Coastbloke

Bench
I see he scored a try and kicked 2 goals in a 22-16 loss last night - Another ESL blow out eh, Aqua..

roopy

Referee
I see he scored a try and kicked 2 goals in a 22-16 loss last night - Another ESL blow out eh, Aqua..
That's another good result for Catalans.
They need to get a few wins, but their form is good and improving.
A 6 point loss against one of the title contenders is decent form.

roopy

Referee
St Helens withstood a Catalan Dragons fight-back to secure a win in Perpignan.

Coming off last week's loss Saints drew first blood as Chris Flannery opened the scoring early on. Leon Pryce limped off the field in his first appearance of the season, but the visitors did not let this effect them as Ade Gardner raced for the second try of the game.

However, Gardner failed to deal with Scott Dureau's high kick and Setaimata Sa was on hand to get the Dragons into the game.

James Graham made it 16-4 at the break as he scored underneath the posts. Early into the second half Scott Moore finished off a five man move to give St Helens a big advantage.

Catalan reduced the gap when another Dureau kick was palmed back by Damien Blanch for Steve Menzies to score and with two minutes to go Dureau set up a grandstand finish by scoring beneath the posts.

Saints withstood the late pressure and held on to claim the two points.

This match review says Scotty had a big hand in all their points.

It will be interesting to see how Trent uses Bosc when he comes back from injury. Bosc was the playmaker last year, but Trent seems to be getting a good system working with Henderson, Dureau and Menzies running the show, so why change it?

Latest posts