What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Early Clive Churchill Favourite ?

Clive Churchill Medal in GF 2004 ?

• Craig Fitzgibbon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brad Fittler

• Adrian Morley

• Brett Finch

• Craig Wing

• Willie Mason

• Mark O'Meley

• Brent Sherwin

• Andrew Ryan

• Willie Tonga

• Other(s)

• Total voters

Broncodroid

Juniors
Members

I know it's early, but let's see who we think is the player that can standout in this potentially great GF on Sunday night.

Please vote and give a brief explanation as to why your voting that way.

Cheers

p.s. I came up with 5 players from each team, do not come at me if I left your favourite player and / or nomination of the poll. Please select other.

My Vote

I am supporting the Sydney City Roosters in this one and think they will get the job on Sunday night, going off this, I cannot go past:

Craig Fitzgibbon who I rate alongside Nathan Hindmarsh as the best forward running around in the world. Fitzgibbon will be on the field for 80 mins, he will be in the top 3 tacklers in this game, he will be top 3 in the hit up department and will be the leading pointscorer for the Roosters 99% of the time given he is the goalkicker.

Fitzgibbon reminds me of Brad Clyde, a tireless player who inspires teammates with the amount of work he does in attack and defence. Even in a losing side on Sunday, he is still going to figure in calculations ala Brad Mackay in 1993 for St.George.

The most impressive thing about Fitzgibbon is the fact he comes up big in big games wether it be for the tri colours, sky blue or green and gold jersey. A previous winner, if he manages to secure the medal for a 2nd time, he will join an elite company.

Matt23

Staff member
Brent Sherwin - his kicking game will give Walkout nightmares, and ultimately swing the game in the Bulldogs favour

PS Great write up, Miamisaurus

Three words: Sonny Bill Williams.

While one legend retires on Sunday night (even though I don't like him that much, but Fittler is a legend)... another one will be born.

Perhaps a bit overdramatic... :lol: ... but I reckon the kid's gonna have a blinder.

Anonymous

Juniors
I Bleed Green said:

While one legend retires on Sunday night (even though I don't like him that much, but Fittler is a legend)... another one will be born.

Perhaps a bit overdramatic... :lol: ... but I reckon the kid's gonna have a blinder.
And looking forward to it IBG... it's going to a be cracker of a match.

Voice of Reason

Juniors
If the roosters get up there is no doubt Mr Fairytale will get the medal irrespective of his or anyone elses performance.
If the Dogs win, the medal will be selected on merit and I suspect Sherwin is a big chance.

Andy04

Juniors
I Bleed Green said:

I have a feeling the pressue will get to him and he will not be as good as he has been all year

May be wrong but just a feeling i have

I think Andrew Ryan will go close

Foz

Bench
Adam Perry. Its the year of the hooker. Buderus got the Dally M so Perry or Wing.

The Colonel

Immortal
Andrew Ryan IMO. He has gone from strength to strength this year especially after being dropped from SOO.

Rusty

Juniors
Ive gone other (Anasta). He will have the game of his life and show Freddie who the next big thing at 5/8 is

He'll show that it wont be him.How can anyone rate Anasta? Shocking passing and kicking game :shock:

I think if the Roosters win Fittler will get it 8)

Kris_man

Bench
Fittler should have been Churchill Medal winner in 2002, not Fitzgibbon, and we all know it. Greg Alexander should have been Churchill Medal winner in 1991, not Clyde. workhorses = overrated. fitzgibbon = gimme Mason or Nathan Hindmarsh any day.

Kris_man

Bench
How can anyone rate Anasta? Shocking passing and kicking game
you're being sarcastic, right? i've been as anti-Anasta as anyone over the years, but he's been top notch this season, especially in the latter part.