What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eddie Guerrero Found Dead In Hotel Room

Misanthrope

Staff member
That's so f**king terrible. I didn't think it was possible, but I'm almost in tears. Eddie Guerrero was such a legendary figure, such a freakishly talented worker both in and out of the ring. After he did so much to get his life in order, I can't believe it would end like this. He was only thirty eight, for Christ's sake.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family. Rest in piece, mate. You were taken way too soon.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
i cant believe this...i woke up..went to a wrestling site to see the news..and i see this..

Eddie was an incredible athlete and a very good guy..he was too young to die..

Eelectrica

Referee
Truly tragic news. I can't believe it.
To see him a couple of days ago on SD, making me laugh with his antics and now this.

What makes it even more tragic is that Eddie was at the top of his game. Easily one of the best in business right now. We'll never know if he was going to get another title run which he deserved.
Condelences to his family, he was taken far, far to early.

Azkatro

First Grade
Earliest reports I've been able to read is that he wasn't answering his wake-up calls or Chavo's attempts to contact him so they eventually got security to open the door. He was found dead on the bathroom floor with a toothbrush in his mouth.

The earliest normal speculation is that he died of heart failure while he was brushing his teeth. Apparently he was going to win the triple threat match that was lined up against Batista and Orton in Minneapolis, which is where this happened.

There is a press conference with Vince and Chavo on wwe.com but I think it's on overload at the moment, can't view it at all.

Azkatro

First Grade
Also a lot of reports in the associated press are bringing up his troubled past and no doubt speculation will come out over whether he's revisited those bad old days. To me it would be a tragedy if either that was a case, or this was anything close to a result of his earlier addictions.

Mr Saab

Referee
eddie had a history of substance abuse. Not saying that that was the cause.
Reminds me of Brian Pillman when he was found dead in his hotel room in 1997.

Eddie was one of my fav guys in the biz...great wrestler, able to talk on the mic, had charisma, great as a heel and a face.

Jono078

Referee
Woah, this is really shocking.

At first I thought this was a fake thread. This is unbeleivable, not good news at all.

Latest posts