What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eddie's Gone

Yes it is baffling in light of the fact he is hardly sought after. With the class of backrower we have signed for next season he might see himself as a starter. He is lucky to be in the 17 now although in fairness he has played his best footy over the last six weeks. Jeremy Smith was potentially coming here regardless of this, so I will interested to see what we do with the extra money. Willie M is the first thing we must sort before all else. It would be ironic if we came up 150K or so short of getting Lewis to sign with us.

Spot On

Coach
Joel's gone................ mad!

Copped too many knocks to the head.

I have heard a coach north of the boarder likes the way he plays but would be surprised if he lands a contract at that club.

Possibly receiving bad advice?

shane1970

Juniors
He'd be PISSED that the initial offer around xmas time was apparently for 200 a season (and 3 at that) - and now its only 150 and 2 seasons ! I hope they dont give into him - as has already been said in the previous 5 posts - he is the weak link and will be even more so in a stronger pack next year - and he can be covered EASILY !

Haffa

What the? This is a bit baffling.

You think so?

He was offered a decent contract in the summer and decided he was worth more. Hes been good the last few weeks but the rest of the season he was nsw cup standard in attack and defence.

Theres an article up on the club website if someone wants to post it. i would but im on my mobile.

slotmachine

First Grade
If J Smith comes he would be playing NSW Cup next year, and good clubs don't pay 200k a year for reserve graders.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
good luck to him, solid player, but as said this frees up a great chance to secure Mason and bring in Smith, let alone the Rumour of Cordner.

I had it down between him and Costigan that we'd lose.

Johns Magic

Referee
Will be interesting to see where he ends up. The quotes from Gidley seem to indicate that he's burned his bridges here even if he does come crawling back. That's just me trying to read between the lines though.

aqua_duck

Coach
Good riddence. Honestly $150k is about right for a player of his ability but he's shown the club no loyalty and wants to go chasing the money now, I honestly can't see any club throwing big money at a bloke who's got nothing in attack.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
haha, that what i just did JM! Interesting, Be happy to hear who it is as it has no bearing on the team. I've heard a while back just as Eddy was making his debut that he ruffled feathers with being a very cocky person about himself.

But meh, as harsh as it is to say, the amount of 'GOOD' doors this opens for us is Huge. I'd much rather Filipo, Anderson and Rodney Mason given the chance over him anyhow!!

I take back what I said about Sims watched him on the weekend, kid is a beast aye?

RE Eddy WTF was he thinking turning down a 3 year $200k a season deal?

Can see him at Sharks, Panthers or Eels.

Haffa

Threads gone now, but the "snoop" lost all credibility when he said Eddie was offered 300+