What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

T.S Quint

Coach
There must be something else to this. If all he did was splash a couple of drinks on her then this is a farcical situation that should have been laughed out of court.

Why was the intimidation charge dropped? What do you have to have done to get convicted for intimidation?

sportive cupid

Referee
Im not dismissing it ... just saying every merkin will think he bashed a woman
And the Colonel is saying (I think)that Domestic Violence is a pattern of coersion and intimidation that can start with 'lower scale" incidents designed to create control...and often progresses to more lethal forms ...like bashing.

I think the magistrate is showing a distinct lack of knowledge about current understandings of the dynamics of DV when he grades DV .
...this isnt just a minor thing -wouldnt have got to court .

He isnt just an idiot.

sportive cupid

Referee
There must be something else to this. If all he did was splash a couple of drinks on her then this is a farcical situation that should have been laughed out of court.

Why was the intimidation charge dropped? What do you have to have done to get convicted for intimidation?
...you have to convince a magistrate (who often believe that DV is discrete incidents of bashing a woman) that you are scared ..that a reasonable person would be scared...not just a girly wuss.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
And the Colonel is saying (I think)that Domestic Violence is a pattern of coersion and intimidation that can start with 'lower scale" incidents designed to create control...and often progresses to more lethal forms ...like bashing.

I think the magistrate is showing a distinct lack of knowledge about current understandings of the dynamics of DV when he grades DV .

He isnt just an idiot.

current understandings by whom ?

Gronk

Staff member
Greg Alexander's preview

EELS

THE Eels’ efforts last year were remarkable considering the turmoil that surrounded the team. Those issues that the Eels went through have been well documented, but there didn’t seem to be a week in 2016 that Parramatta weren’t in the headlines as the club lurched from one disaster to another. What amazed most was their commitment each week despite knowing their efforts weren’t going to be rewarded with a spot in the finals. Yet they won enough games in the end to be part of the eight. I’m sure they learnt plenty about each other, and what a job Brad Arthur did in keeping focused on training and the 80 minutes each week. With every excuse in the world to give up, they went on giving everything, which was highlighted by them winning the final two games of the year. You would think without those distractions and the effort put in they’d be a shoo- in for the top eight this year. I’m not sure about that, but they’ll certainly be in the mix. The key for the Eels is Corey Norman. He has developed into one of the game’s best players. Not many move as well as him, and there’s not a rugby league skill that he doesn’t possess.

2c87d387b2f5ba5d3fcf117536dbbca6

The Eels will look to make the finals after last year's disappointment.
They have outstanding outside backs with Josh Hoffman joining the club, and coach Arthur has a number of options for how they line up. Whether it’s the offloading of Brad Takairangi or the speed of Michael Jennings, the Eels are dangerous on the edges. Much will be expected of Bevan French (19 tries in 13 games). A move to fullback would mean he is more involved, which is another exciting prospect. New signings Siosaia Vave, Suaia Matagi and Nathan Brown strengthen the front- row rotation. All three are mobile and will add some thrust in the middle. A partner for Corey Norman in the halves continues to be an issue after Keiran Foran walked out last year. Clint Gutherson played the last eight rounds there while Norman was suspended. Options are limited and Arthur must have seen enough in those performances to give him a chance to nail down the spot. While the Eels’ home ground is under construction, playing at ANZ Stadium will be another thing they have to get accustomed to quickly. With no Michael Gordon, the kicking duties look like going to either Norman or Gutherson. Both kicked goals full-time in the under-20s.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...d/news-story/6e57c76721037034d48a6663a089573d

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Hardly surprising SC bagging RL players, I wonder if she would be saying the same thing if Kenny played AFL instead????

Kornstar

Coach
f**k! I am so lucky, last summer we were having water balloon fights in our backyard and i pegged them at my wife with intent.........glad she didn't call the police........

Gronk

Staff member
f**k! I am so lucky, last summer we were having water balloon fights in our backyard and i pegged them at my wife with intent.........glad she didn't call the police........

Sarcasm aside, I'm guessing that a fly on the wall would tell you that Edwards threw his drink at her and then she felt that she may be in danger of being physically harmed by his ongoing actions and words.

Perhaps that was the reason why she called the police and perhaps the action of dialling 000 was the very thing that made Kenny back off.

Police came and he was charged with "assault" and "intimidation".

Law.com will tell you that merkins are charged with intimidation when:-
  • There are actions that creates the possibility of injury to a person with whom he has a domestic relationship; or
  • There are actions that creates the possibility of violence or damage to any person or property with intent to cause to cause physical or mental harm.
What I am trying to say is that what happened on that day may not have been a trivial 20 second altercation "why didn't you put out the garbage?" which resulted glass of water being thrown.

Kornstar

Coach
Sarcasm aside, I'm guessing that a fly on the wall would tell you that Edwards threw his drink at her and then she felt that she may be in danger of being physically harmed by his ongoing actions and words.

Perhaps that was the reason why she called the police and perhaps the action of dialling 000 was the very thing that made Kenny back off.

• There are actions that creates the possibility of injury to a person with whom he has a domestic relationship; or
  • There are actions that creates the possibility of violence or damage to any person or property with intent to cause to cause physical or mental harm.
What I am trying to say is that what happened on that day may not have been a trivial 20 second altercation "why didn't you put out the garbage?" which resulted glass of water being thrown.

Sure and i agree. Just i wonder if the situation was reversed, would the police lay charges? I'm pretty confident they would be laughed at.

I don't really have an issue with the police being called but i find it a great waste of court resources and money to address a case where liquid was poured over someone. That time could be spent moving up other, more critical court cases for actual violent crimes.

T.S Quint

Coach

The Intimidation charge was dropped. No conviction was recorded.
So as far as the NRL know, all he did was splash water on someone. There was no possibility of violence according to the courts. How can they hand out a lengthy suspension based on what the court has found. Give him a couple of weeks, sure. He has done a dumb thing. But people getting up in arms about this are going way over the top.

Gronk

Staff member
The Intimidation charge was dropped. No conviction was recorded.
So as far as the NRL know, all he did was splash water on someone. There was no possibility of violence according to the courts. How can they hand out a lengthy suspension based on what the court has found. Give him a couple of weeks, sure. He has done a dumb thing. But people getting up in arms about this are going way over the top.

If the charge was vexatious by a crazy girl friend who called the cops over nothing, how come he got a 6 months good behaviour bond ?

T-Boon

Coach

He isnt just an idiot.

This is mainly just 'Fem Agenda' designed to ensure they retain control of "DV" as a gender issue rather than a relationship issue as the figures increasing show us that women are violent in relationships nearly as often as men. They insert "accompanied by pattern of control" so that instances of women abusing men can be brushed aside as irrelevant. The man must have deserved it right?