What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
A shame his form wasn't quite there in 2022 when we made the GF.

Could have made a huge difference. And then moved Papali'i to come off the bench.

I would have had carty on the bench anyway but i understand why he wasn't.
His defence wasn't up to scratch in late 2022, and he was still dropping the ball on the regular. I'm sure Brown was picked because BA thought he could rip in like the old days, but by the time he came on it was too late, and he was mostly ineffective anyway.

King-Gutho94

Coach
His defence wasn't up to scratch in late 2022, and he was still dropping the ball on the regular. I'm sure Brown was picked because BA thought he could rip in like the old days, but by the time he came on it was too late, and he was mostly ineffective anyway.
Yep Carty 15min stint in the prelim when Lane went off for HIA wasn't great hence why i reckon he got dropped for the GF.

hindy111

Post Whore
See now that is how you speak about the club and coach you play for(not the first time either) and when it is time for contract talks you are willing to take at little bit less, just like Carty has, which can help keep the best players together and have the right depth to win a title or two.

Not push and push for every possible cent you and your manager can get out of the club and drag it out for months in the media and thus influence other players in the squad to follow suit.

Yes Gutho and Moses, I'm looking squarely at both of you two merkins. Shameful carry ons from both of you and not what you want to see from your two most senior players.

Carty take a bow. I applaud you. You have come of age young man. He is quickly becoming my favorite Parra player now. If he maintains his stellar form of 2023 and this season both on and off the ball, he will be our best forward and rival RCG as the leader of the pack.

Champion.

I'd make Bryce the Captain tbh Ram
Gutherson and Moses are milkos

Delboy

First Grade
nice present to play in the GF... maybe they cut a deal, leave and you can play in GF and make amends with JA as you might play with him again
There was nothing in that JA story, a beat up from a site known for its extreme BA and JA rumours. Choose to believe what you like.

hindy111

Post Whore
A shame his form wasn't quite there in 2022 when we made the GF.

Could have made a huge difference. And then moved Papali'i to come off the bench.

I would have had carty on the bench anyway but i understand why he wasn't.

I agree. But the result probably doesn't change. It wasn't exactly close. A blow out.

King-Gutho94

Coach
JAs form was to good to leave out. He was running HOT.
Coaching genius from BA really.

It was there all season bring JA on for the last 5 mins in a lot of matches for a bit of practice and on GF day the dream would come true a short side play where Moses went down the short side put Penisini in a hole against a tired defence who made the break then he would kicked it infield and a fresh JA steamed onto the ball where he would score the match-winning try in the last 2 mins. And the blue and gold's would break a 35 year premiership drought.

He just didn't count on us being down 28-0 instead with 5 to go.

King-Gutho94

Coach
ive watched three eels GFs and not only did we lose each one but we played like shit
Same only seen & been to all 3 and never been in the lead once and conceded a try after 10 mins in all 3 GFs.

Its like deja vu all 3.

We only woke up in the last 10 mins & scored 2 tries in the final 10 in each GF when the game was done & dusted.