What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Wow!!

Oh No GIF by The Maury Show

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He’ll be 33(?) when those options start so I suspect they didn’t “cost” us that much upfront.
Also this is a good point. Club options for an outside back over 30 probably don't boost his price too much. Meanwhile a player option for the same player is a fair risk, and should lead to a significant discount.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
good come back, surprised it took you this long to post a giff

your turn
What’s the point, you are that f**king stupid.

You said “how would I know”and then “ there is virtually no contact in the off season” as it was statement of fact. @Noise even said that there is plenty of contact in the off season which you conveniently ignored. That they wrote an article about how Sivo was now going to work on his technique sort of says to me that it wasn’t done over the virtually no contact off season……

I’m honestly done conversing with you over this you can shout at a cloud old man for all that I care.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Love the original Blue and Gold Hoops jersey. Thats my personal favourite. Not Bernies love child remake version. Also the prior half blue half gold. The 86 jersey is also a favourite.
View attachment 85742

now there was a decent back rower, unique in that he played lock for Parra and second row for the Kangaroos, although locks had a different job back then

they were basically a cover defending back rower who defended midway between the forwards and the fullback

parra pete

Referee
Hambly Walsh Rayner Artie O'Reilly
Thornett (Dick) Gerrard
Lynch

off the top of my head, missing a few back rowers

@parra pete help me out
Noel Dolton, Peter Matson, Ted Heinrich, Keith Campbell, Peter (Dutchy) Linde, Barry Leaney, Mike Jones, Billy Jones, John McMartin, Lindsay Armour, Roy Fisher, Storky Cornwell, Ralph (Butch) Harding, Lindsay Armour..(Ian Walsh coached, but never played), John Quayle, Alex Gilgandis, Rod (Knuckles) Blundell, Peter (The Creep) Peters, John Vincent, Denis Fitzgerald, John Baker, Rick Baber,......they are just some that I can recall during my early days. I recall blokes like Roy Fisher, Billy Rayner, Storky Cornwell, Knuckles Blundell, Lindsay Armour putting their bodies on the line against some powerful and BRUTAL packs week after week, getting hammered but back lining up again the next week. It all changed in 1962 with Killer Kearney coming on board as Coach, and Bobby Bugden, Leo Toohey, Ken Foord, Mike Jackson, Billy McCall, Noel Dolton and THE MAYOR, Ken Thornett joining the Club. The days of being pushed around were coming to an end....My favourite game of that era was at Cumberland Oval when Parramatta thrashed StGeorge 19-8 before a record crowd....in 1962..."I have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord." I was just 16 at the time, and can remember it vividly like it was happening right now...Those were the days Twiz..Thank you for allowing me to exercise my mind. Love it..

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Noel Dolton, Peter Matson, Ted Heinrich, Keith Campbell, Peter (Dutchy) Linde, Barry Leaney, Mike Jones, Billy Jones, John McMartin, Lindsay Armour, Roy Fisher, Storky Cornwell, Ralph (Butch) Harding, Lindsay Armour..(Ian Walsh coached, but never played), John Quayle, Alex Gilgandis, Rod (Knuckles) Blundell, Peter (The Creep) Peters, John Vincent, Denis Fitzgerald, John Baker, Rick Baber,......they are just some that I can recall during my early days. I recall blokes like Roy Fisher, Billy Rayner, Storky Cornwell, Knuckles Blundell, Lindsay Armour putting their bodies on the line against some powerful and BRUTAL packs week after week, getting hammered but back lining up again the next week. It all changed in 1962 with Killer Kearney coming on board as Coach, and Bobby Bugden, Leo Toohey, Ken Foord, Mike Jackson, Billy McCall, Noel Dolton and THE MAYOR, Ken Thornett joining the Club. The days of being pushed around were coming to an end....My favourite game of that era was at Cumberland Oval when Parramatta thrashed StGeorge 19-8 before a record crowd....in 1962..."I have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord." I was just 16 at the time, and can remember it vividly like it was happening right now...Those were the days Twiz..Thank you for allowing me to exercise my mind. Love it..

yeah, thought I was missing one or two but that should cover it Pete

Latest posts