What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Eelementary

Post Whore
@Delboy is bang on re MON. He has been a disaster ever since our GF appearance. We have no depth out wide and our pathways are a debacle because they haven’t won a game this season. It’s all on him. I’d sack him before the coach.

We still have 3 spots in our roster and apparently still have $700k in our cap and he hasn’t delivered a single outside back to plug the gaping holes we have in the roster.

I’m no huge fan of BA but FFS what’s he supposed to do? He has literally nobody of quality to select.

Assuming we were to strengthen our depth with decent backups, do you have faith that Plaid Smarter can get the best out of them on a consistent basis?

Because, quite frankly, I have my doubts....

Delboy

First Grade
Assuming we were to strengthen our depth with decent backups, do you have faith that Plaid Smarter can get the best out of them on a consistent basis?

Because, quite frankly, I have my doubts....
Well, when we had a full and decent roster in 2022: we made the GF. It’s been neglected in terms of decent signings since. Sure BA has some blame, but not sure it’s all on him.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And in the Grand Final, we were like deer in headlights, which harks back to my point that he is unable to get the best out of this team when it matters most...
Did it not matter in the two weeks before that game? Both knockout games that we won.

If the grand final is all that matters, Cleary's side got smashed in his first ever grand final as coach. It's one game ffs. Anything can happen. In fact Cleary's second grand final was over at half time as well. A handful of grand finals or even just finals matches is a very small sample.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Did it not matter in the two weeks before that game? Both knockout games that we won.

If the grand final is all that matters, Cleary's side got smashed in his first ever grand final as coach. It's one game ffs. Anything can happen. In fact Cleary's second grand final was over at half time as well. A handful of grand finals or even just finals matches is a very small sample.

To his credit, Arthur got the team mentally up for the Grand Final Qualifier.

But we were simply out-enthused on Grand Final day, and that has to come down to the coach's preparation of the team.

emjaycee

Coach
To me it comes down to the fact we played probably the best NRL side in history and they were on-song that day.
Yeah I kinda agree. I remember saying to my family at half-time that that was probably the best 40 mins of football I have seen in my life (and I was referring to the Panthers).

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Yeah I kinda agree. I remember saying to my family at half-time that that was probably the best 40 mins of football I have seen in my life (and I was referring to the Panthers).
Yep. They were pretty much flawless unfortunately. Can’t tell you much about the second half, I walked out after about fifteen minutes of it :D

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I was a little kid and didn't give a shit. I thought of Parra like I think of the Storm/Roosters/Panthers now. How could you get excited about such a team? It'd be like supporting Bayern Munich.

In fact I didn't start caring about the Eels until about 1991.