What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Gronk

Staff member
Don’t ask me why it’s in Mumbrella, but Aland 3 more years as back jersey sponsor, leaving front jersey vacant.

yy_cheng

Coach
Don’t ask me why it’s in Mumbrella, but Aland 3 more years as back jersey sponsor, leaving front jersey vacant.

Hindy111 would look good on front of the Jersey

yy_cheng

Coach
It would break a 23 year drought if he gets in.

No Parra player has represented QLD while at Parra since Wagon in 2001.

Reed Mahoney would have been closest as 18th Man a few years back.

Other then that no-one has come close that i can recall.
Bob lindner,carl webb

84 Baby

Referee
It would break a 23 year drought if he gets in.

No Parra player has represented QLD while at Parra since Wagon in 2001.

Reed Mahoney would have been closest as 18th Man a few years back.

Other then that no-one has come close that i can recall.
Think that has more to do with Queenslanders not really willing to play outside Brisbane, Canberra in the 90s or Melbourne since 2000s. We’ve only had 6 Queenslanders to 37 NSW reps (the wiki doesn’t include Raper).
Interestingly we’ve never had an Origin captain

Gazzamatta

Coach
Astonishing that he played origin. Good player for a domestic team, but not rep good enough.

Is he one of those 1 game origin players or did he play more ?

EDIT: Super league war ?
Very fast was Stu. My favourite Eel at the time which probably wasnt saying much.

Soto

Bench
WTF merkin I get the sentiment but how about use one of your own f**ken players. More Scum scumminess

“I said to Ash ‘if I’m Mitch Moses then he’s gone for 10’,” Welch said after the game, with many people agreeing that rules are slightly different for hits on forwards and playmakers

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/i...s/news-story/ccb6d90c26cc0051f90f90c948929f72
What a scum dog...eff off you cheating grub club....these grubs are the ones who changed the fabric of rugby league with their knee drops, figure four leg locks, pile drivers, chicken wings, arm locks, leg twists, 3rd man in, suplex and jumping off the top rope.

StEely Matt

Juniors
Not sure if this has been posted anywhere...

ROY AND HG - BLUDGING ON THE BLINDSIDE
King Gutho - Emperor of Parramatta Stadium

Phil Mann Stand

Juniors
Think that has more to do with Queenslanders not really willing to play outside Brisbane, Canberra in the 90s or Melbourne since 2000s. We’ve only had 6 Queenslanders to 37 NSW reps (the wiki doesn’t include Raper).
Interestingly we’ve never had an Origin captain
Ray Price captained NSW in 1984.
Sterlo as well if you count the 4th game in LA 1987.

Soto

Bench

Monday Buzz: Parramatta Eels chairman Sean McElduff Q&A on Brad Arthur coaching future, disastrous Dolphins performance

A chat with Eels chairman Sean McElduff put a spotlight on the fact Parramatta are a club in denial, refusing to concede there’s any problem with coach Brad Arthur. Phil Rothfield reveals the Q&A that exposes what’s wrong at the Eels.

The Parramatta Eels are sadly in denial.

After a pathetic performance against the Dolphins on Friday night, Eels chairman Sean McElduff has refused to concede there is a problem with coach Brad Arthur.

They have now conceded 105 points in the last three games against the Raiders, Cowboys and Dolphins and face a tough three weeks against Manly, the Broncos and Storm.

I spoke to McElduff over the weekend about the current situation.

Read on and you’ll see what I mean about them being in denial.

Buzz: How’s the coach looking?

McElduff: It’s not panic stations yet.

Buzz: That was terrible on Friday night, they showed no heart in the second half.

McElduff: It wasn’t a good performance, I agree. You heard what the coach said afterwards.

Buzz: And you were flogged two weeks ago against the Raiders.

McElduff: In between that we had a good win against the Cowboys. Before the Canberra game we beat Manly.

Buzz: But surely the coach is under pressure.

McElduff: I wouldn’t say so at this stage.

Buzz: But you didn’t make the eight last year.

McElduff: We expect to be a finals team but we’re just seven games into the comp.

Buzz: So you’re not even looking at the coaching position?

McElduff: No, we’re not. It’s too early. Obviously we’re missing Mitchell (Moses). He’s a massive loss.

Buzz: Okay, if you don’t make the eight, is Brad safe?

McElduff: It’s too early to have that conversation.

Buzz: It’s a fair question.

McElduff: It’s a reasonable question but it depends. If you get lapped every week, it’s one scenario. If you miss the eight but have injuries, it’s how the team’s performing for the coach.

There’s a whole host of things. It’s futile speculating now because we’re only seven games into a 25-game season. That’s the way I think about it. As I said, we beat the Cowboys last week.

Buzz: You’ve conceded 85 points against Canberra and the Dolphins.

McElduff: Canberra in Canberra is a tough game. The Dolphins performance was terrible. The coach said that. Let’s see how we respond. Brad’s been good for a long time. It’s not even something we’re even contemplating at this time.

Buzz: Your fans are very angry.

McElduff: I can understand that after the performance on Friday night.

So on that note we ended the conversation.

That second half performance in Darwin on Friday night was the worst I’ve seen from a Parramatta Eels side for 10 years.

Arthur said after the game: “We gave up.” And he was spot on.

Somehow the Dolphins scored eight tries between the 50th and 75th minutes. That’s almost a try every three minutes.

It’s easy for people in denial like McElduff to blame it on the absence of Moses.

Not to mention the Dolphins were without Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow, Tom Flegler, Felise Kaufusi and Herbie Farnworth, close enough to their best four players.

Besides, I’m not sure Moses could have saved any of the eight tries in those 25 minutes. I’m also not sure he could have stopped Canberra scoring 41 points two weeks earlier. This team has conceded an average of 35 points a game in three weeks.

All clubs suffer injuries to key players

Look how Penrith keep finding ways to win without Nathan Cleary.

The Broncos seem to manage when Adam Reynolds is not there.

Storm had Cameron Munster out for the first five weeks but kept winning.

Moses is not the reason Parramatta is in crisis.

This goes back to the last season’s premiership capitulation.

They have now won just six of their last 15 games.

The players are not responding to Arthur’s coaching. It’s as simple as that