What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Gronk

Staff member
Listened to that talking parra Facebook live again yesterday..

They must get their inside information from here...

They said the juniors is shit and will take over 10 years to fix...
Not sure how that is correct get better coaches and mentors in now and you basically start working on the kids you have in the system now.

We have some talented 18 year olds just need better coaching.
Is that the podcast with the guy from the parra cave ?

1713920912802.png

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I will say its a tough one though.

You have player managers in the background who are demanding instant promotions looking for a quick buck for these young kids but don't have the players interests at heart.

Whats the best pathway for developing these kids.

Is it spending a season in flegg then Reserve grade.

Or going the way we tried this year and just fast-track as many as possible and fingers crossed it all sticks.

But i have been told Rankin's hands are tied when it comes to Flegg as some these eligible kids have been pushed up to cup some may be premature. So effectively we have hamstrung two grades to please everyone it seems.
No they have done it to appease us Bogan dopes on LU.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Probably his manager squeezing our balls tightly when negotiating his contract in 2023.

"...and I want a Top 30 spot in 2025"

View attachment 87049

even if his agent got one over us ( gee that's never happened before has it) why wouldn't we throw the kid a bech spot at least to prep him for the future? instead we throw a wenty contracted player like Alderton ahead of him.

JokerEel

Coach
Yep and given our junior pathways WAS a mess until some money was found and N Brown (Coach) reviewed it in 2021, there isnt an instant fix to moving kids who were 17 in 2021 to NRL FG in 2024. They simply need to go through the grades to make the step up.

Honestly I think the Covid also cruelled our development that's why there is a gap right now..

while you're on fire @MarkInTheStands can you or someone please explain to me how we have Sam Tuavati contracted to a T30 spot next season but has yet to play a single game against men?
Well mate I haven't seen a great deal of him this year, but I am planning on a trip to Manly on Saturday to take a look see and I will put him on my watch list.

But if I was to take a guess I would say that is something to do with MON wouldn't it ?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Well mate I haven't seen a great deal of him this year, but I am planning on a trip to Manly on Saturday to take a look see and I will put him on my watch list.

But if I was to take a guess I would say that is something to do with MON wouldn't it ?

well this is his third year and i dare say, last year at Flegg so he's been in our system for quite sometime.

if MON had anyting to do with this than I expect him to be running out at Ringrose next season like the other middle forward we currently have there.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Listened to that talking parra Facebook live again yesterday..

They must get their inside information from here...

They said the juniors is shit and will take over 10 years to fix...
Not sure how that is correct get better coaches and mentors in now and you basically start working on the kids you have in the system now.

We have some talented 18 year olds just need better coaching.
One bloke stated Nathan Brown (coach) left because he couldnt get on with BA and then proceeded to question how many assistants etc have been moved on from under BA. That Talkin Parra Crew are not a pack of happy campers.

well this is his third year and i dare say, last year at Flegg so he's been in our system for quite sometime.
It might be sad for me to say but I have been to sleep for a couple of times since I have seen him so I might have forgotten what he plays like or that previously I didn't think he was much of a standout.

Stagger eel

Staff member
It might be sad for me to say but I have been to sleep for a couple of times since I have seen him so I might have forgotten what he plays like or that previously I didn't think he was much of a standout.

well I saw him a few weeks back against the tigers and he wasn't great by any measure.

that doesn't mean he won't turn into a fine young player.

JokerEel

Coach
I hear this arguement alot but how is it any different to any other NRL club in the game? what did they do during the pandemic that was different to us?

Not sure how as a club we handled it to be honest I think most clubs have been hurt by it apart from the Panthers who had a crap load of juniors coming through Prior to covid hitting which I believe helped their success. As other clubs were on a bit of a stand still during that 2 year period.

Latest posts