What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Eelementary

Post Whore
Changes in leadership, and strategy...

I'm all for it.

Sack the board, sack BA, sack the whole lot of 'em.

/Sarcasm

Pazza

First Grade

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
^^^

What I’ve seen, from the outside, over the past five years from the Eels’ management is incompetence, and they haven’t given their head coach the resources to succeed.

Their best asset as it stands is Arthur, who has been forced to deliver with a lack of assistance in development and recruitment.

Arthur is more active than most in attempting to recruit stars whilst also coaching the team. He’s done his part, but the decisions of the club’s powerbrokers have let him down.

I highly doubt the Eels coach would have allowed Reed Mahoney and Isaiah Papali’i to walk willingly. I also question if he gave the green light to signings like Josh Hodgson.

It’s been clear to fans of the club that the Eels have needed reinforcements in the outside backs for several seasons.

While Parramatta have finally landed a big fish in Zac Lomax, it’s taken several seasons to address that issue properly.

There’s been several examples of the club letting their coach down, namely the drawn out contract negotiations of Mitchell Moses and Ryan Matterson.

In my opinion, Arthur is coaching well above what should be expected of him. Different clubs have different methods of doing things.

But the Eels need to give Arthur full control of recruitment if they want long term success and his position would then not be under scrutiny.

If the Eels aren’t willing to hand him that responsibility, then the club need to hire a general manager of head of recruitment that Arthur wants by his side.

The question should be does Brad Arthur want to continue on at the Eels — a club that’s not harbouring the best of his abilities — not if Arthur’s the right coach for the Eels.

So the next step forward for Parramatta could an independent external review of senior management if the club wants to turn their fortunes around.

Gronk

Staff member
Not Eels in the media, but media.

In the Telecrap pod, someone said that there were reports that Latrell was considering sitting out SOO in 24.

Brent Reid said that was BS, as the actual quote by Latrell to the reporter about SOO was "look I just want to focus on the bunnies" and the headline was created that he wants out of origin.

The others like Riccio were very silent. Probably because they are all guilty of creating BS articles.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Personally I don't think Lattrell's a first choice selection - unless he turns in a blinder against us this weekend... which is entirely possible.

But his actual quote was very smart - equally covering the bases for whether he's picked or not picked, and trying to play down speculation. But our RL media are pretty scummy scandal-mongers... except maybe for old Roy Masters.

84 Baby

Referee
Not Eels in the media, but media.

In the Telecrap pod, someone said that there were reports that Latrell was considering sitting out SOO in 24.

Brent Reid said that was BS, as the actual quote by Latrell to the reporter about SOO was "look I just want to focus on the bunnies" and the headline was created that he wants out of origin.

The others like Riccio were very silent. Probably because they are all guilty of creating BS articles.
Reminds me of the Chris Rock/Jada Pinkett Smith/Rihanna’s panties joke. I’m also going to tell selectors I’m busy that night

Latest posts