What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Ryles

Votes: 17 25.4%
  • Morris

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Cheika

Votes: 25 37.3%

• Total voters

Soto

Bench
I would contact Slater and offer him big dollars and tell him he can stay on with nine as well - he likely wants a bigger job though like Brisbane, Melbourne or Rooters.
What about Cronk as a coach. f**k I just vomited saying that.
Yep..all in...don't worry about anyone else. Don't wait for him to apply..go after him. He would be a hit for sure. I'm more convinced he would be best to get assuming uncle Wayne is going to soufs

Soto

Bench
I feel like Maguire is just a bit too similar to BA, just with more cursing in his pre, mid and post game speeches....
Agree but I think he's more experienced and has been to a few clubs, coached NZ and now the Blues so that should be an added attraction.
Would be my 3rd choice
Bennett
Slater
McGuire
Holbrook

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I personally dont see Slater as an option while he has the Maroons job. He has said as much some time ago.

If there are any "credible" links to other coaches I'll add them to the poll and enable members to change thier vote.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Word out of Parramatta over the last couple of months is that powerful player agent Isaac Moses has been leading the push for the Eels to cut ties with Arthur. It’s in direct opposition to the view held by his cousin Mitchell, who was one of Arthur’s biggest supporters.

For the past couple of months Isaac Moses has been telling anyone who would care to listen that Arthur was on his way out and Bennett was being earmarked to replace him. Arthur knew his views, too. What sway the agent has in the club’s decision on the new coach will be crucial.

He acts on behalf of Mitchell Moses (player option in 2027), Will Penisini (player option in 2026) and off contract rookie sensation Blaize Talagi, who has opted against taking up his option with the Eels for next season and has opened conversations with the Dragons and Knights, among others.

Sources with knowledge of the situation, talking under the condition of anonymity in order to speak freely, told this masthead that Isaac Moses is pushing the case for his client Blake Green.

Green is currently an assistant to Adam O’Brien at the Newcastle Knights but is a Parramatta junior who still has family residing in the area. Moses also represents Todd Payten (Cowboys), Shane Flanagan (Dragons), Anthony Seibold (Sea Eagles) and Andrew Webster (Warriors).

I would be steering clear of Issac Moses managed coaches.

Blake Green was mentioned by Buzz as the 1st option last night out of nowhere.

So its clear who Issac is pushing for.

84 Baby

Referee
1. Bennett but that seems like zero chance now.
2. Slater. I have concerns about his club level experience though. Plus he’s still Scum.
3. Holbrook BBUUTTT…. due diligence on his handling at the Tits needs to be very thorough. And also whether he’s emotionally capable of handling us. Tits is cake compared to the pressure he’s cop here.
4. Karen. Change of club always changes opinions of people. He’s experienced and has some Parra pedigree.
5. Maguire but I’d want to know his strategy beforehand. He’s similar to BA but can his differences make difference.
6. No one else really worth mentioning, they’ll be huge gambles

Noise

Coach
1. Bennett but that seems like zero chance now.
2. Slater. I have concerns about his club level experience though. Plus he’s still Scum.
3. Holbrook BBUUTTT…. due diligence on his handling at the Tits needs to be very thorough. And also whether he’s emotionally capable of handling us. Tits is cake compared to the pressure he’s cop here.
4. Karen. Change of club always changes opinions of people. He’s experienced and has some Parra pedigree.
5. Maguire but I’d want to know his strategy beforehand. He’s similar to BA but can his differences make difference.
6. No one else really worth mentioning, they’ll be huge gambles
Who is 4. Karen???