What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Ryles

Votes: 17 25.4%
  • Morris

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Cheika

Votes: 25 37.3%

• Total voters

JokerEel

Coach
Word out of Parramatta over the last couple of months is that powerful player agent Isaac Moses has been leading the push for the Eels to cut ties with Arthur. It’s in direct opposition to the view held by his cousin Mitchell, who was one of Arthur’s biggest supporters.

For the past couple of months Isaac Moses has been telling anyone who would care to listen that Arthur was on his way out and Bennett was being earmarked to replace him. Arthur knew his views, too. What sway the agent has in the club’s decision on the new coach will be crucial.

He acts on behalf of Mitchell Moses (player option in 2027), Will Penisini (player option in 2026) and off contract rookie sensation Blaize Talagi, who has opted against taking up his option with the Eels for next season and has opened conversations with the Dragons and Knights, among others.

Sources with knowledge of the situation, talking under the condition of anonymity in order to speak freely, told this masthead that Isaac Moses is pushing the case for his client Blake Green.

Green is currently an assistant to Adam O’Brien at the Newcastle Knights but is a Parramatta junior who still has family residing in the area. Moses also represents Todd Payten (Cowboys), Shane Flanagan (Dragons), Anthony Seibold (Sea Eagles) and Andrew Webster (Warriors).

I would be steering clear of Issac Moses managed coaches.

Blake Green was mentioned by Buzz as the 1st option last night out of nowhere.

So its clear who Issac is pushing for.

So Blake Green will be our next coach... Yay

Not!

84 Baby

Referee
I am too scared to see anyone that is English in a Parramatta Polo or Jersey again.

images

Cloeel

Juniors
If Bennett has signed with Souths, I do not understand the short term advantage of getting rid of BA before the end of 2024.

Moses is almost back and Gutho will be back in the coming weeks - the season is far from over. A couple wins and we are back in top 8 contention.

Makes me think there is more going on behind the scenes - especially if removing BA yesterday was the best move for the club.

Interesting times.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
If Bennett has signed with Souths, I do not understand the short term advantage of getting rid of BA before the end of 2024.

Moses is almost back and Gutho will be back in the coming weeks - the season is far from over. A couple wins and we are back in top 8 contention.

Makes me think there is more going on behind the scenes - especially if removing BA yesterday was the best move for the club.

Interesting times.
Bennett hasn’t signed with Souths. He’ll play both clubs against each other and get the best deal for himself in the process.

King-Gutho94

Coach

Interesting times.
How many 40+ defensive efforts were you willing to cop before enough is enough.

They made there decision 3 weeks ago.

It was clear then we were one more shocking performance from pulling the trigger it only took 2 more games and we saw another capitulation.

There is no point keeping BA here any longer when he wasn't going to be around next year.

We are in a good spot for 2026 the new coach will now get a clean slate with only 4 or 5 players contracted post next year to decide who he wants to keep and who stays.

The new coach will basically get a roster of his making within year 2 of his tenure without the cap getting screwed offloading half a dozen players.

Some may go before 2025 and that's fine which is why i think next 18 months may be a little difficult but there is light at the end of the tunnel now.

Something that wasn't there on Sunday night.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Our cap/contracts is set up perfect for a new coach to come in, for 2025 and see what we have then make changes for 2026:

Lot players of contract next year.

only Moses / Paulo /Lomax contracted for 2026.

Lane / Sivo MO but we already trying to push Sivo out. Matterson / Dylan/Will PO

Puts us in a pretty good position! Plenty of room to change up the squad!

pazzaeel

Juniors
I'm not fussed about Bennett. i reckon he would have improved us but he wouldn't have got us a premiership.

I am concerned that we will go with someone worse then him though.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Our cap/contracts is set up perfect for a new coach to come in, for 2025 and see what we have then make changes for 2026:

Lot players of contract next year.

only Moses / Paulo /Lomax contracted for 2026.

Lane / Sivo MO but we already trying to push Sivo out. Matterson / Dylan/Will PO

Puts us in a pretty good position! Plenty of room to change up the squad!
Dylan Brown is technically a free-agent come November 1 is the big one there.

eel01s

Bench
I don't understand TCTs position. We shouldn't have sacked BA if we couldn't upgrade to Bennett? There is no one else better than BA out there?

I know they are rusted on fans but come on!