What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Ryles

Votes: 17 25.4%
  • Morris

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Cheika

Votes: 25 37.3%

• Total voters

speedster

Juniors
can we please stop tossing his name up
he has just been made blues coach and hasn't even had his first game yet why would he leave now?
He's a career coach. He would consider it so as to get his career back on track long term. He's not completely out of reckoning in my estimation.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Okay I missed it

what was said?

Basically the reason for admitting the Bennett approach was Mcdeuff and Sarantinos being transparent to members and fans about the whole process. Yes we didn't get him as his heart always seemed set on South Sydney. But we pursued an opportunity.

Decision was made on May 1 to sack BA at end of the year - Mcduff and Sarantinos flew to Brisbane on May 2 and went to Bennett's farm.

The reason they didn't tell Brad until yesterday that we were talking to Bennett was simply because Brad didnt need any extra pressure put on him and personally felt it wouldn't benefited the team anyway. And that supporting Brad publicly was the right way.

Once the decision was made to cut the cord officially it had to be done yesterday it was just unfortunate its his birthday today.

When asked why they left it too to may 2nd when they missed the finals last year the reasoning was we made the GF in 2022 and finals the previous 4 years. They felt Brad deserved the opportunity to rectify what happened last year but unfortunately results have got worse.

When asked about Blaize that mcduff kept saying is a Parra kid and they expect him to stay.

Wont rush to find a new coach will new open up a proper process to find the right coach for Parramatta not necessarily the best coach.

We have a good roster, plenty of resources available for the new coach to come in and be successful.

Avenger

Immortal
The presser to me reveals that I was wrong about them just looking at experienced coaches. They will consider a rookie that is currently an assistant in a good system.

My tip:

It will be Ryles or Hannay.

#videoanalysis
#gutfeel

Last edited:

84 Baby

Referee
It's not about the squad, it's about the ability to improve the squad. Even just the ability to encourage unwanted merkins to f**k off.

#resources
You think Bennett is going to have an easier time telling Loltrell to leave & Choady to retire?
Anyway I think in hindsight, Bennett probably wouldn’t have been ideal. He’s too old to have had the time to turn us around and he has a nasty habit of not leaving clubs in better places.
Although if he had signed as a Sheens/Bunji type arrangement with a talented inexperienced coach then that would’ve been nice.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I thought both spoke very well. They were very impressive.
They handled it as well as they could have.

No doubt the journos like Chammas, Weidler were looking for a reaction and something to expose both of them.

But i think they answered every question professionally and gave transparency to the whole process.

We handled this a lot better then Souths axing Demetriou.

Gherkin

Juniors

Interesting, he said : Brad has the strongest say on Recruitment and who leaves and whos stays
from 10:39
"We have the opportunity to provide all the resources to the football program that a coach would ever need"

84 Baby

Referee
The presser to me reveals that I was wrong about them just looking at experienced coaches. They will consider a rookie that is currently an assistant.

My tip:

It will be Ryles or Hannay.

#videoanalysis
#gutfeel
I think this will probably show us just where we sit in the view of the larger NRL community. I assume/hope missing Bennett as we’re lower hierarchy compared to Souths for Bennett alone (he’s been there before). But if we struggle to get a Robinson, Slater, Ryles or highly touted coach and just continue on with Barrett, then the club will have learnt nothing

Avenger

Immortal
I think this will probably show us just where we sit in the view of the larger NRL community. I assume/hope missing Bennett as we’re lower hierarchy compared to Souths for Bennett alone (he’s been there before). But if we struggle to get a Robinson, Slater, Ryles or highly touted coach and just continue on with Barrett, then the club will have learnt nothing
Please, I have more chance than Barrett of getting the gig in 2025.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
With Benny being official at Souffs, he's off the list.

Again, if therer are any strong links to another prospect I'll amend the list.

Latest posts